Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explain this no Superbowl in Cold Weather argument

Westbrook36

Does the NFL seriously think they wouldn't sell it out? For whatever price they get now? Ridiculous. Last year, if the game was in Washington, for example, Eagles fans would have paid any price to get tickets.

The NFL might piss off a few wine and cheesers, but who cares? Most dominant American sports league in history. The good will and popularity from your average fan for having the balls to do it would pay longterm dividends.

I don't get it either. Never have.

First of all, NO football games, ESPECIALLY the superbowl, should ever be played indoors or on turf.

That in itself is very telling of the football ignorance of Giants, Eagles, and Pukes fans. All of them candy ass turf teams.

As for the bowl, it should be played outdoors in a different stadium every year. EVERY owner should host a superbowl once every 31 years... unless you play on turf or in a dome.

How'd I know you would say that? I almost put "Watch zoony come in and not admit he was owned and start talking about the Vet". :laugh:

Two replies in a row. Must have really caught you offguard. Damn, research your facts before you speak with so much passion, so you don't look any more stupid then you do now.....if that is even possible.

How'd I know you would say that? I almost put "Watch zoony come in and not admit he was owned and start talking about the Vet". :laugh:

Two replies in a row. Must have really caught you offguard. Damn, research your facts before you speak with so much passion, so you don't look any more stupid then you do now.....if that is even possible.

:laugh:

it is possible westy! I could look a lot more stupid... like registering on an eagles message board as a redskins fan! ;)

and for the record, westy, you don't have what it takes to rattle my cage. don't flatter yourself... you knew damn well what I was talking about. :laugh: I think it just chaps your ass that you root for a candy ass turf team, and now since they've played on a man's surface for two years you think you've got something :jerk:

you don't. :)

They've been playing on it for three years. Man, you are a wealth of knowledge. WAIT, are you going to come back and say you really meant two years? :laugh:

This just in, the Vikings are going to be a candy-ass dome team after they move to their new stadium: http://www.stadiumguide.com/nfl/vikingsnew.htm

This is going by zoony's logic. No, actually, its going by zoony getting caught with his foot in his mouth and not being man enough to admit the truth. :laugh:

Westy... you are a trip.

LMAO that you are actually researching the net and providing links to prove to me that Lincoln Financial is grass. :dunce: What's next, a discertation from you about how the Packers play outdoors? :laugh:

I drive by that ****hole of a stadium dozens of times a year on 95 right before I take the Betsy Ross into Jersey. As a matter of fact, I guarantee I have spent more time in Philadelphia this year than you have. I am well aware it is a grass stadium. Actually, I don't even know why I'm trying to prove it to you, other than I am in a hotel in Cleveland right now and I have nothing to do. :)

I also have watched the eagles play my entire life on turf. Ever since I can remember. They have always been a candy ass turf team... always will be. :laugh: Live with it.

Talk about striking a nerve.... you're acting like I just told you Santa isn't real :rotflmao:

This thread has it all. The incorrect information. The slam. The realization someone looks like a moron. The double reply. The stammering. The long drawn out replies trying to convince everyone that what he said clearly earlier was supposed to mean something else. The arcane logic that if a team ever played on turf, they are a turf team forever. Man, thanks for making my night, zoony. :laugh:

I drive by that ****hole of a stadium dozens of times a year on 95 right before I take the Betsy Ross into Jersey.

Actually, that stadium is nicer than Fedex. The only reason I love Fedex is because of who plays there.

And I would love the Super Bowl to be played in cold weather. I think the only reason it's not is for the broadcasters and owners.

And I would love the Super Bowl to be played in cold weather. I think the only reason it's not is for the broadcasters and owners.

I think the main reason is for all the extra-curricular activities that take place in the week before the Super Bowl. A warm weather climate brings thousands of people out for the parties, NFL Experience...and the town that hosts the Super Bowl gets a nice jolt of revenue from all those people at the hotels, restaurants and taking in the "tour-isty" stuff in the area.

I went to Super Bowl 34 in Atlanta. The local businesses definitely jacked up the prices for us ...how does $14 for 2 eggs, hash browns and a coffee sound? :laugh:

...but it was freakin' freezing that week. My brother and I just made it to our hotel as the cops were shutting down the highway due to icy conditions. Basically, the ambiance sucked. We would have had so much more fun in a warm weather environment. So I hope they never have a cold weather site host the game.

...and I get zoony's point...even though the Iggles play on grass now, it's just engrained in me that they are a turf team.

Does the NFL seriously think they wouldn't sell it out? For whatever price they get now? Ridiculous. Last year, if the game was in Washington, for example, Eagles fans would have paid any price to get tickets.

The NFL might piss off a few wine and cheesers, but who cares? Most dominant American sports league in history. The good will and popularity from your average fan for having the balls to do it would pay longterm dividends.

Four cities should host the Super Bowl ever:

1. LA

2. San Diego

3. New Orleans

4. Miami

I would add Vegas to the list, but Tagliabue would have a stroke.

If I ever go to a Super Bowl, I don't want to spend a week freezing my butt off and dodging bullets in Detroit. I don't want to be in Atlanta. I don't want to be in Houston. I want some place sunny with girls in midriffs.

Who wants to drop $10K in Detroit?

The superbowl isn't just 1 game. Its a week long event with sponsors, parties, business sales kickoffs, conventions etc.

If it was in a cold weather city then some business would be hesistent to schedule their event there due to weather concerns. i.e. less money, less sponsors.

Detroit gets a pass because the NFL's biggest sponsors are in Detroit. (automotive industry)

This thread has it all. The incorrect information. The slam. The realization someone looks like a moron. The double reply. The stammering. The long drawn out replies trying to convince everyone that what he said clearly earlier was supposed to mean something else. The arcane logic that if a team ever played on turf, they are a turf team forever. Man, thanks for making my night, zoony. :laugh:

Blah...blah...blah.

If you think someone is incorrect, you can do it without calling people names...

But that's not you WB, is it?

Say, are the Eagles gonna rest any starters when we play them the last week of the season?!?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blah...blah...blah.

If you think someone is incorrect, you can do it without calling people names...

Say, are the Eagles gonna rest any starters when we play them the last week of the season?!?

From what i've heard McNabb, Westbrook, and T.O. will all be resting that game. :D

Blah...blah...blah.

If the Eagles don't play their starters, we'll be forced to field a Division III football team. :laugh:

Archived