Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lemar Marshall vs Antonio Pierce

Atown

Well, I dont care what anyone says. I like Lemar way better. He has the intangibles, GW says he lines up everyone now and is getting comfrable. Its only his first year at MLB, and he is better in pass coverage(he played ss in college) Lemar is also WAAAAAAAY cheaper, and so humble and a hard worker. He is the total package. Ive been driving his bandwagon since this summer. I proposed hte idea to move im to the middle, and everyone calledm e an idiot saying he was too small. THen, two weeks later we find out he is being moved, and some ppl say itsd a good idea.

The final thing that makes pierce Lemar Better, is hes a skins player guys. I hate pierce because hes a giant, I dont care if he played for us, he is now on a division rival, I cant find it in my heart to root for him

First off, ChrisL4064, stop being a little *****. Don't put words in my mouth. I don't wanna trade for anyone, I would have resigned Pierce in the offseason.

Gibbs used to talk about keep the "core Redskins" and I believe Pierce was a core Redskin. Lemar is good in his own right, but I would rather have Pierce. As for Lavar, I'm sick of Redskins leaving, Stephen Davis, Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Antonio Pierce, now Lavar? I don't care if they wanted to leave, I don't care what we got in return (most of the time nothing), I wanted them to stay.

Its funny how people say that Marshall doesnt run the defense like Pierce did. What proof do you have of that? Gregg Williams has said himself that Marshall does a good job of lining the guys up. The problems our defense has had relative to last year is injuries on the front 7 (Griffin, Joe, Noble, Lavar, etc.) and missing members of the secondary (Smoot, injuries to the rest) I blame none of this on Marshall, and honestly I dont know that he is a downgrade for Pierce at all, at least not a major one.

Its funny how people say that Marshall doesnt run the defense like Pierce did. What proof do you have of that? Gregg Williams has said himself that Marshall does a good job of lining the guys up. The problems our defense has had relative to last year is injuries on the front 7 (Griffin, Joe, Noble, Lavar, etc.) and missing members of the secondary (Smoot, injuries to the rest) I blame none of this on Marshall, and honestly I dont know that he is a downgrade for Pierce at all, at least not a major one.

Good post, I agree with you 100%. I think even our own fans our buying into the hype. Pierce left us. Yeah it was for more money, but the guy wanted more money than washington?? Were we ready for that? NO. Lemar Doesn't ask for more money, he stays quiet, and is also a pretty healthy guy. Hes lasted all year for his slim frame, and hasn't yet even been listen on the injury report. How was it bad to let go of pierce? Do you guys realize the money we saved, to target other positions(cough cough DE cough cough).You guys complain about not having a DE, well how do you propose we would get one if we had given Pierce a huge contract?

Good post, I agree with you 100%. I think even our own fans our buying into the hype. Pierce left us. Yeah it was for more money, but the guy wanted more money than washington?? Were we ready for that? NO. Lemar Doesn't ask for more money, he stays quiet, and is also a pretty healthy guy. Hes lasted all year for his slim frame, and hasn't yet even been listen on the injury report. How was it bad to let go of pierce? Do you guys realize the money we saved, to target other positions(cough cough DE cough cough).You guys complain about not having a DE, well how do you propose we would get one if we had given Pierce a huge contract?

Well said...I agree Lemar has been a pleasant surprise and is running this D as well as Pierce did last yr...I think Lemar will turn out to be the better player of the two...

Another good thing about Lemar is there's two more years left on his contract. And we signed him cheap.

BTW, did anybody notice Lemar Marshall is in the top ten in the entire league in solo tackles?

And btw, did anybody notice Lemar Marshall leads the team in interceptions?

And btw, did anybody notice Lemar Marshall is the only defensive player to have scored a TD?

redskins 2004 pierce 112 tackles 1 sack 2 ints 3 pass defense 1 fumble 1 td

redskins 2005 Marshall 80 tackles 2 sacks 2 ints 1 td 4 pass defense 2 fumble *still 3 games to go*

why is Lemar Marshall so underrated? he having a better year then pierce had last year any thoughts?

I could have swore i seen him give up 2 touchdowns one in tampa bay and one in oakland game.

Im gonna say deep passing routes

Im gonna say you better be joking...right? You are going to say a mlb's weakness is covering wr's deep? That is EVERY mlb's weakness. How do you expect him to cover joey(or jerry im not sure lol) porter down the field, and he wasnt even burnt he just couldnt make a play on the ball. I want to see what pierce could have done.

• 2 weeks later...

The bottom line is that Pierce was not worth more than 20 million dollars, period, whether thats 3 or 7 years. Marshall had a great year last season stepping up for Lavar, yet he a humble, ungreedy person, taking a 3 year deal at 1 million a year. Marshall has character, Pierce doesn't. Im glad Pierce is gone. F#ck Pierce what a POS he is. He fits in great with Plexico and Shockey and all those other stupid @#$#s

Pierce seemed to be little (not a lot) stronger at the point of attack and has better anticipation. Pierce never was real fast but he doesnt waist many steps geting to the ball. But like a few have said, the defense as a whole has played better as of late and so has Lemar.

the koolaid I am drinking says that its gregg williams who is the "shiznit", not AP. Pierce and Marshall have gotten exponentially better because of their involvement in this system. If they had both been the "shiznit" they would not have needed to work their way up the depth charts.

Yum koolaid.... this is almost playoff quality koolaid :)

i like lamar but pierce was smarter at play calling

And how do you know that? Some of you dudes kill me. Lamar struggles in deep coverage? He's a middle linebacker, what do you expect?

The truth is that both guys played very well in this defense. The drop off in defense mid season this year had nothing to do with Lamar and everything to do with injuries to Griffin and Salave'a. Pierce didn't look so hot last year when Griffin went out either.

Pierce may be a little tougher against the run b/c of his size, but Lamar has a little better nose for the ball and creating turnovers, and is a better blitzer IMO. Both guys are very sure tacklers. I was a huge fan of Pierce and couldn't believe we let him go, but there really hasn't been any drop off at MLB with Marshall.

I don't get why Antonio gets all this hate. He never said anything outright derogatory about the team other than stating the facts: we never went to the playoffs while he was here and we did have a tendency to give all our money to other teams' players rather than take care of our own. I don't call that trash talk.

He's also admitted that a part of him still wishes he was here with "his boys", playing for the "best defensive coach he's ever been around". Certainly, none of that was the politically correct thing to say being on another team, yet he said it anyway.

I think our defense would be just that much stronger if we still had AP -- and consequently, the Giants defense would be just that much weaker. He uses his meticulous study habits and above average intelligence (among NFL players, he'd have to be considered a genius) to put defenses in the best possible position, which is worth far more to a team than his limited physical abilities.

Lemar is doing a good job, but the defense is not what it was last year when we were all complaining about Pierce being snubbed in the Pro Bowl voting. I haven't seen one person upset that Marshall didn't get in this year, although to be fair, we did have more glaring Pro Bowl oversights to keep us occupied.

Archived