Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lemar Marshall vs Antonio Pierce

Atown

redskins 2004 pierce 112 tackles 1 sack 2 ints 3 pass defense 1 fumble 1 td

redskins 2005 Marshall 80 tackles 2 sacks 2 ints 1 td 4 pass defense 2 fumble *still 3 games to go*

why is Lemar Marshall so underrated? he having a better year then pierce had last year any thoughts?

Stat-wise, he's doing as well as Pierce did a year ago, yep...not sure about the things that don't show up on the stat sheet, though. Still, I've been happy with Marshall's play all season. He's been a pleasant surprise...

lets hope he stays here i think hes a great team player

#1....he's not going to average over 10 tackles the last 3 games to match Pierce's #'s from last year.

#2. The MLB's job is a lot more than these stats.........it's also being the QB of the defense and making sure others are where they are supposed to be....something not measured in your #'s

Thanks for the stats. Although, I highly doubt Marshall will attain 32 tackles in the next 3 games...his numbers ARE better than Pierce in 2004. I believe Marshall is so underrated because the Defense as a whole isn't as good as it was last year. Although, I must admit...they seem to be coming around the past few games.

Thanks for the stats. Although, I highly doubt Marshall will attain 32 tackles in the next 3 games...his numbers ARE better than Pierce in 2004. I believe Marshall is so underrated because the Defense as a whole isn't as good as it was last year. Although, I must admit...they seem to be coming around the past few games.

I think it's because Griffin's back in the lineup...I don't think Pierce had to go a stretch of games last year without Griffin on the d-line, did he??

I think it's because Griffin's back in the lineup...I don't think Pierce had to go a stretch of games last year without Griffin on the d-line, did he??

No. Griffin, Salave'a and Noble were always there in some way or another (obviously not all three at the same time). Pierce did benefit from that, but Lemar's intangibles this year don't seem to be in-question, which was the concern some people had. The problems the Defense had a month or so ago weren't because of him.

No. Griffin, Salave'a and Noble were always there in some way or another (obviously not all three at the same time). Pierce did benefit from that, but Lemar's intangibles this year don't seem to be in-question, which was the concern some people had. The problems the Defense had a month or so ago weren't because of him.

I forgot about Noble being in the line-up last season...

Didn't Lemar do the same thing? When he was signed in 2001, he didn't even suit up. That's about as low on the depth chart as you can get. He basically played only special teams in 2002-3.

Yeah, but Lemar is still here. Pierce didn't become hyped until he signed with the New Jersey Giants, who play across the bridge from the biggest media outlet in the US... ;)

I'm rooting for the Bucs to beat the Patriots. Worst thing that could happen is the Panthers beat out the Bucs for their division, and then we tie the Bucs for the last wildcard spot. GO BUCS!!!

I'm rooting for the Skins to win the NFC East...lol...and for Tampa to only get a wildcard, and possibly coming to FedEx for a rematch. Better than the Skins going to Tampa for a possible rematch as the wildcard.. :)

I'm rooting for the Skins to win the NFC East...lol...and for Tampa to only get a wildcard, and possibly coming to FedEx for a rematch. Better than the Skins going to Tampa for a possible rematch as the wildcard.. :)

Me too. But that's got nothing to do with the Patriots Bucs game. If you get your wish and the Bucs lose this weekend, and the Giants win, it could get messy if the Bucs also lose to the Falcons Christmas weekend. I'd rather not be competing for a tie break with the Bucs for a wildcard.

Me too. But that's got nothing to do with the Patriots Bucs game. If you get your wish and the Bucs lose this weekend, and the Giants win, it could get messy if the Bucs also lose to the Falcons Christmas weekend. I'd rather not be competing for a tie break with the Bucs for a wildcard.

Actually, it's got everything to do with the Bucs game...lol...because the Skins most likely won't win the division if the Giants win this weekend. So your scenario doesn't mesh with what I'm rooting for. My ultimate scenario is having the Skins win, and the Giants and Bucs lose. Then the Giants can(will) lose the following weekend to the Skins, and the Bucs can lose that same weekend to the Falcons. At that point, the Skins only need to win their last game to win the NFC East, and it won't matter what record the Bucs end up with. But I'd prefer the Bucs to be a wildcard and not the division leader...that way as I said, they'd have to come to FedEx to play in the playoffs and not the other way around.

Just asking this again...lol

well one of the major questions was, is he big enough to play in the middle?

we didnt know at the beginning of the year if he would be or not, questions of durability thus far have been answered, his coverage isnt the greatest but at times this defensive scheme has put him in awkward situations. i think he has done a nice job considering all we have asked him to do. he seems to always take on a block which is nice. i'd say one of his biggest flaws is his coverage. but i think we have placed him in well. he and washington do a great job stopping the run, both are solid open field tacklers.

Archived