Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're already in the playoffs

ncskinsfan71

If someone has stated this thought already, then forgive me.

We are already in the playoffs. The playoffs started for us 2 weeks ago in St. Louis. We have to control our own fate because, as last week showed, we can't expect any help or take help for granted from anyone. Panthers lose to TB at home? They own Tampa and we get no help. KC loses in Dallas with :23 sec? No help. I expected Philly to play hard just because it's the NFC East, and I can't fault them for the effort against the Giants. All in still though, no help. And who in God's name told Minnesota to stand up?

I am begging every one of the +90 Grand of my closest friends in attendance this week to please:

R-E-P-R-E-S-E-N-T!

Do not let Dallas fans take over this game.

To quote a famous man: WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE! :point2sky

If someone has stated this thought already, then forgive me.

We are already in the playoffs. The playoffs started for us 2 weeks ago in St. Louis. We have to control our own fate because, as last week showed, we can't expect any help or take help for granted from anyone. Panthers lose to TB at home? They own Tampa and we get no help. KC loses in Dallas with :23 sec? No help. I expected Philly to play hard just because it's the NFC East, and I can't fault them for the effort against the Giants. All in still though, no help. And who in God's name told Minnesota to stand up?

I am begging every one of the +90 Grand of my closest friends in attendance this week to please:

R-E-P-R-E-S-E-N-T!

Do not let Dallas fans take over this game.

To quote a famous man: WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE! :point2sky

That famous man was a cowboy. :laugh:

I understand what you're saying totally, but we are not in the playoffs yet. We can't look ahead. We have to look at the very here and now as Gibbs strongly suggests. Those nail bitters we lost to Tampa Bay, Oakland, and San Diego really put our post season chances in jeaopardy. But you know what? If we beat Dallas again we'll be in decent shape since we've beaten them already.

I forgive you as well, but I think something should be noted to all the people who say this.

Saying "we're already in the playoffs" like it's a good thing, is actually giving us a lot of credit for not being very good. If we were a better team we could lose a game now and still make the playoffs(btw, I'm still not convinced we can't). We wouldn't be treading on such thin ice. We wouldn't be "allready in the playoffs."

On the other hand, I do admit that if I were on the team I would try to use this sentiment as a motivation tool. I would need to play like I'm in the playoffs these next 3 weeks. I'm not on the team though, so I don't think like that.

Oh, and hail to the redskins.

If this is the case we should just give up, because even if we win our last 3 games, we aren't getting to the playoffs without a little help.

Exactly. Contrary to seemingly popular belief, we do not fully control our own destiny.

Saying "we're already in the playoffs" like it's a good thing, is actually giving us a lot of credit for not being very good. If we were a better team we could lose a game now and still make the playoffs(btw, I'm still not convinced we can't). We wouldn't be treading on such thin ice. We wouldn't be "allready in the playoffs."

On the other hand, I do admit that if I were on the team I would try to use this sentiment as a motivation tool. I would need to play like I'm in the playoffs these next 3 weeks. I'm not on the team though, so I don't think like that.

It's not a bad thing or a good thing to think this way - it's the ONLY thing. The playoffs are "Win or Go Home".....well, we're currently in that very situation. We have to win every week, or cash it in. Making sure that you continue to win IS focusing on the game at hand. In that regard, I agree with the first post in the thread - we've sorta been in "playoff mode" for a couple of games now.

agreed. Its win or go home which is what the playoffs are.

Yes we are very much indeed in the playoffs THIS weekend and it feels just like January with important football games on a Saturday AND a Sunday. This just happens to be the very first playoff game for the Redskins and we advance to next week if we win........and we don't advance and go home if we lose. I agree completely.

Archived