Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fountain Teaser

Mr. Nostril

This is all I really know.

From IMDB: "Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world."

The reason I'm excited about it is, Years ago director Darren Aronofsky (who had already made two great movies) anounced he had a script titled "Last Man" that he really really liked, and the buzz about the script was very very good. He was shopping it around to try and get it made. The problem was that it was the type of script that couldn't be made cheap.

Eventually, he got Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett to star in it, and when that happened he quickly found a studio who was willing to put up a $70 million budget. Shortly before production, Brad Pitt had to pull out, when this happened the studio took the budget away and the entire production fell through.

I heard nothing about it for a long time. Then Hugh Jackman became involved, and he was able to secure a $40 million budget. He rewoked some minor things to make it work on that type of budget, and now we're finally seeing a trailer.

So, I'm excited because I've been following this project for about 4 years already.

• 9 months later...

Archived