Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bubble

gridironmike

Do you remember Spurrier making comments that he'd like to have a bubble to practice in? Say what you want to about Spurrier, but to me this just makes sense. I fully understand the importance of practicing in the elements and outdoors, but a bubble would serve multiple purposes. Indoor practice for indoor games and being able to practice even when the weather is horrible are two major reasons. I coach youth league football, and trust me, there are just days when you don't belong outside (game days are different). A bubble would keep other teams from spying on you somehow (silly, but true). Players recovering from injuries would probably benefit from having an optimum climate to rehab in. A first class operation should have first class facilities, and I think a bubble makes sense.

It is well documented that Gibbs doesn't like the bubble. Practicing indoors even for indoor games is not okay. If the players practice outdoors then they'll be already accustomed to the dome stadiums automatically because of the comfort. If a team practices outdoors there will be an added luxury when they play indoors. Usually teams who have dome stadiums practice there and have trouble in cold weather when they play outside anyways. Since the majority of the games are going to be played outdoors anyhow, have the team practice outdoors all the time.

Yeah, I no what you meen.

smart.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hey midpenn, howd u get so much smarter at lunchtime lol??

im not a big fan of the bubble. id rather them play outside, especially since FEDEX isnt a dome stadium. all this synthetic-turf fake-grass crap makes me sick anyway. i wish there were more mudbowl games in the NFL.

Archived