Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Wilbon's Deal?

m_was54321

Does Keyshawn get Jacked Up by Sean Taylor after running his mouth?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Does Keyshawn get Jacked Up by Sean Taylor after running his mouth?

• Yes, Keyshawn may as well miss the plane to D.C.
    • No, Keyshawn will be a thorn in our side

Thats just classic wilbon... he actually writes supportive articles every now and then when noone is looking, kornheiser seems to be back on the bandwagon though... even if he is on the tailgate waiting to jump off at a moments notice...

Here is the Webster's Dictionary definition: informer, swindler; a servile self-seeking flatterer.

Exactly... how exactly does that apply to a bunch of fans devoted to their team? Homer would probably be a better term...

Even though I like Wilbon, I hate the fact that they have a Bears fan working at the WP Post... I don't want homer story after homer story, but it would be nice to have someone in that place who actually likes the team.

How many times does Wilbon write about the Bears? I don't mind the fact that he's not from here. I always like to see an outsiders perspective rather than a homer's perspective.

How many times does Wilbon write about the Bears? I don't mind the fact that he's not from here. I always like to see an outsiders perspective rather than a homer's perspective.

I agree, I am very over protective of the skins, but really, Wilbon tells it like it is, and he gives credit where credit is due, and lack there of.

Listen man, we are all homers if we think this team can make it to the playoffs, the skins are a 53 man roller coaster who's record is only 7-6.

BUT

I STILL LOVE'EM AND I AM GOING TO THIS DAMN THING ON SUNDAY SO GO SKINS :dallasuck

I guess I look forward to reading it too. I like to see what new slam he has.

If they lose we hear about how they "are in disarray".

When they win "it is because they were supposed to/it was a weak opponent."

When was the last time he suited up in a NFL uniform and took the field againt the Cardinals? Can he tell me that when Portis gets hammered down field by a 250 lb pro linebacker that he wasn't a tough opponent? He has lost perspective.

This is exactly why I enjoy reading him as well.

Wilbon is not a Redskins fan...not even close. He is a Bears fan.

People think Washington Newspaper sportswriters are all Redskins fans...or Washington DC natives. They are NOT. Korndog is a Giant lover. They will give opinions (honest im guessing) and that is their job. IM not saying they HATE the Redskins but they have no loyalty or vested interest in the Redskins doing well...they have admitted that before.

They are like you and me.....fans of teams that they grew up with and nothing more. Just stuck in DC wishing they were in Chicago or NY writing for the home town papers.

I agree with the initial tone of this post and refuse to "see it from Wilbon's point of view". Here's why. Kornheiser also "tells it like it is". If the Skins stink up the field, he says so, and I'm ok with that. He still doesn't enjoy seeing the home team lose even though he is from NY; Wilbon, Jenkins and Wise all hate this area, you can hear it in their writing. Wise and Jenkins have attacked not only the team, but the fans, and Wilbon has so much anamosity in his articles that you can tell he has no interest whatsoever in the Skins winning. Wise and Jenkins think they are too good for the Post and should be writing for the NY Times. And as far as Wilbon writing about Chicago teams, he can't go a week without re-reminding the world that he is from Chicago, which in turn makes it seem as if he's too good for the DC area. Why are these 3 people writing about OUR sports teams? It's enough to make a guy want to join the Moonies and subscribe to the Washington Times.

They do.

Thomas Boswell.

He's a local guy and loves the Redskins.

I didn't know Boswell was local. I think he went to Amherst for college, but didn't know about his roots. Either way, you don't have to be from the area, Kornheiser is from NY, but I think if you write for the paper of a certain area you should not take such obvious glee when that team loses. You can call them bad, but don't revel in it.

I don't read any of Wise's columns, so can you give me an example of when he attacks skins fans?

Sure thing. I refuse to pay the extra cash to get the story from the archives of the Post, but if you want, do a search for Wise's article after the Bengals pre-season game. Ramsey threw something like 46 INT's, so he was booed. The next day, Wise not only chastised the fans for booing Ramsey, but then jumped on us for booing Brunell the week before and blaming us for Brunell's daugher crying. C'Mon, that's laying it on a little thick; making Brunell's daughter cry? Then he validated some wahoo who tried to bring anti-Christanity into the mix with the QB controversy on a message board like this by putting it in the actual Post in one of his articles. So watch out, apparently Wise surfs boards like this for good, credible story material, you could be famous. You may also remember Wise was the one who called all Redskins fans bloodthirsty heathens becasue we cheer for a team with a racist name. Then Sally Jenkins tag teams with her article several weeks ago about the "Burgundy colored glasses" of all the fans who, heaven forbid, tailgate for more than an hour. Add on to that the constant attack of the fans for our "boorish" behavior by guest writers and it looks like you have an all out war by the Post on the team. It's a shame too, the Post is a solid paper with great local and international coverage, but don't advertise in the Sports section becasue I now use if for house training my dog.

I just read the Wise article you were talking about. Okay calling us "pathetic" was a bit harsh, but I got his point. I remember watching the preseason game and we booed Ramsey on the first 3-and-out.

Don't even get me started on Sally Jenkins. I can't stand her. I think the Post has some of the best writers in the country, but I won't be crying if she gets let go.

Archived