Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilkenson says Marvin lewis was really our coach

ez2envy

I would have loved to of had Lewis for our coach instead of Spurrier.. Hell I would have preferred to have kept Marty

I agree with you. I was furious with Synder for firing Marty and bringing in an un-proven college coach, especially after the way we finished the 2001 Season. As the weeks after the announcment came and went. I tried to look at the future, and be optimistic that Spurrier would pan out. I remained optimistic for most of Spurriers tenure until it became obvious that things weren't getting any better.

I know now that my first reaction was the correct one.

I agree with you. I was furious with Synder for firing Marty and bringing in an un-proven college coach, especially after the way we finished the 2001 Season.

You mean how Marty lost 3 straight at home down the stretch and got eliminated from the playoffs in Week 14, thus rendering the final two games meaningless? You were happy with Marty at that point?

You mean how Marty lost 3 straight at home down the stretch and got eliminated from the playoffs in Week 14, thus rendering the final two games meaningless? You were happy with Marty at that point?

Excuse me, but I seem to recall that we won our last five games down the stretch under Marty to go 8-8 in his only year here.

Excuse me, but I seem to recall that we won our last five games down the stretch under Marty to go 8-8 in his only year here.

Nope. We lost the first five. Won the next five. and then won 3 of the next 6 to finish 8-8.

Looking back it's easy to make accusations. What's the point in taking a swipe at Spurrier who's failures are well documented? Thanks Captain Obvious. It was all cloudy, but your keen insight has cleared up all confusion. Whatever. :laugh:

Wilkinson just said this crap because he needed some attention because everybody forgot that he still played in the nfl and he hates life in detroit so now he wants to go play in cincinatti.I got news for you wilkinson your not even worth a 7th round draft pick.So you have fun in Detroit until the new coach comes in and realizes you suck and then cuts you.

Well, we all knew Steve Spurrier was out of his element. I remember ESPN did a report on Spurrier after he left the Redskins and it said something about Marvin Lewis telling Spurrier repeatedly that the offense and defense don't practice individually or on different fields of the practice facility but rather on the same field. I'm not suprised by this news at all either.

Archived