Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was your very first job?

SkinsNut73

...eh, bored at work...figured I'd give this one a shot....

Curious what everyone's first job was? Where did you work? What was your job title? How much did you make?

I'll start...

First job was at Service Merchandise. I worked in the Toys/Seasonal Dept setting up shelves/displays and assembling merchandise. I think I started at $3.50 per hour...believe that was minimum wage in 1983.

My first job was working at one of the food service tents at the Folklife Festival on the Mall in DC. The tent I worked in served BBQ ribs. It was a long time after working there that I wanted anything with BBQ sauce on it, especially after one day one nimrod spilled a whole bucket of BBQ sauce on my leg. :doh: I think I made $5/hr. I got a second job with the same company working at the annual tennis tournament in DC, in the Perrier tent. I remember we ran out of Perrier so our boss had us fill empty bottles of Perrier with club soda. Nobody knew or complained. :laugh:

I like the self-imposed title of my next job best "automobile relocation engineer"

(that's parking valet for those slow on the uptake)

First job was a pool aid 2 summers ago.

I was like 15 i think. Minimum wage to tell kids to go down slides.

IT SUCKED.

Now im a bus boy. Getting tips and minimum wage. Tips are anywhere from 40 to 50 a night.

Its a sweet job.

It was two years ago and you don't remember how old you were? :doh:

First job? Paper Boy. I made enough money to buy a Sega Master System, then I quit. It sucked.

If that doesn't count, then it was Roy Rogers my junior-senior year of high school. For some reason I worked the Opening shift from 7-3. I got home at 5:30, slept for an hour & went to work......

First job? Paper Boy. I made enough money to buy a Sega Master System, then I quit. It sucked.

Ha, I forgot I was a paper boy first. The sucky thing about that was going door to door to collect the subscription fees (amazing how many dicks blow off a kid for a couple of bucks to try and scam a free newspaper). :doh:

Ha, I forgot I was a paper boy first. The sucky thing about that was going door to door to collect the subscription fees (amazing how many dicks blow off a kid for a couple of bucks to try and scam a free newspaper). :doh:

:laugh: I did the paper boy thing too. Quite a few times people would see me coming and duck into the house and pull the blinds down, or jump in the car and take off...

...like I was going to break their kneecaps or something...

Archived