Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keys to the 'Skins Defensive Effort Against Dallas (Merged)

qcraftsman

I have this feeling that Marion Barber (dallas running back) might have a decent day against us. Did you see him in the dallas/chiefs game.

I think he is pretty impressive when catching the ball on short passes. He is quick after the catch, has good eyes and seems to find the perfect spot to catch the ball away from defenders, which gives him time to get good YAC.

If there dallas revievers go deep then Barber will hurt us going for a short drop off pass, but if they go on short routes Shawn Taylor needs to show up again like he did in the first game against Crayton! BOOM!!!

Keep your eyes on this guy Defense!!!:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Funny thing is, this Barber guy is better than Julius Jones...who was being talked up by cowboys fans to be the next perrenial all pro, with 1500 yrd, 10 touchdown seasons. I still think we will stuff their run and they will probly have to go to some dumbass high school football trick play to get points on us.

I agree! Julius has turned out to be plahhhh! Another words he stinks or he just insn't that great like Portis of course.

I think Parcells is noticing that Barber is a better back maybe not as a runner, but more as a Westbrooke (Eagles) kind of guy. I don't think dallas will run us over either, but our pass defense might get eaten up depending on injuries and I think that is where Barber can hurt us.

Funny thing is, this Barber guy is better than Julius Jones...who was being talked up by cowboys fans to be the next perrenial all pro, with 1500 yrd, 10 touchdown seasons. I still think we will stuff their run and they will probly have to go to some dumbass high school football trick play to get points on us.

I agree, us Cow fans (on a whole), were putting too much stock into Julius Jones' first 8 games. However, I truely believe he's not 100% right now. He doesn't look like he did last year and it's not all blocking. You're right Barber is better (right now) than Julius. Barber doesn't go down on initial contact and he's got the ability to squirt through small holes, to pickup 4-5 yards. Our 3rd RB Tyson Thompson, may also see limited action. Thompson's the fastest of our RB's, if he's in the game, watch for the toss to the outside. All 3 RB contribute but none have proven (thus far) to be a "Portis-like" back.

I think, Dallas will have to establish the passing game first..... to setup the run.

I agree, us Cow fans (on a whole), were putting too much stock into Julius Jones' first 8 games. However, I truely believe he's not 100% right now. He doesn't look like he did last year and it's not all blocking. You're right Barber is better (right now) than Julius. Barber doesn't go down on initial contact and he's got the ability to squirt through small holes, to pickup 4-5 yards. Our 3rd RB Tyson Thompson, may also see limited action. Thompson's the fastest of our RB's, if he's in the game, watch for the toss to the outside. All 3 RB contribute but none have proven (thus far) to be a "Portis-like" back.

I think, Dallas will have to establish the passing game first..... to setup the run.

Well, how was Jones looking before he got injured? Looking at the stats, it's not very impressive, but the only time I saw him play was against the Skins... and no runningback did too well that game.

and they will probly have to go to some dumbass high school football trick play to get points on us.

You're a moron. I bet it wouldn't be dumb if the redskins were doing it. It would be "Oh Gibbs is a genius".

If you don't like the cowboys fine, but you take what a defense gives you, if they are biting on the run, then you burn them deep with a flea flicker. Its not "high school".

You're a moron. I bet it wouldn't be dumb if the redskins were doing it. It would be "Oh Gibbs is a genius".

If you don't like the cowboys fine, but you take what a defense gives you, if they are biting on the run, then you burn them deep with a flea flicker. Its not "high school".

whatever you say buddy, flea flickers rule :rolleyes:. in all honesty id rather my team score on a substantial drive than a stupid ass flea flicker. now go yank your crank thinking about another flea flicker call on sunday. you my friend think that the cowboys **** don't stink.

Barber is definately not gonna run the ball all over us, but we should DEFINATELY look out for some short passes/screens (which the secondary usually can't defend very well.) Like someone else said, he is a lot like Westbrook, but the difference is, we already played the Eagles and we handled Westie just fine. We are gonna be alright on defense fellas, I'm really not too worried about Marion Barber. I'm more worried about Bledsoe/Glenn/Keyshawn.

That WeOwnU guy could learn something from you, good post.

This thread was about Barber, but most of the responses from the haters were pot shots at Jones.

Funny how the Cowboys were able to get Jones in the second round along with a first round pick and Barber in the 4th round and all u guys can do is hate. We have to backs that can start for us and you guys are so full of hate is crazy.

I guess i would be that way too if i gave up a Champ Bailey, and high second round pick for a guy that is averaging about 90 something yards a game and got a 50 million dollar contract.

Either way you look at it we have 2 starting backs that can put up yards, can block and catch and they are not killing our salary cap.

This thread was about Barber, but most of the responses from the haters were pot shots at Jones.

Funny how the Cowboys were able to get Jones in the second round along with a first round pick and Barber in the 4th round and all u guys can do is hate. We have to backs that can start for us and you guys are so full of hate is crazy.

I guess i would be that way too if i gave up a Champ Bailey, and high second round pick for a guy that is averaging about 90 something yards a game and got a 50 million dollar contract.

Either way you look at it we have 2 starting backs that can put up yards, can block and catch and they are not killing our salary cap.

You want a WAAburger to go with those french cries?

I didn't send in the tapes. I was calling YOU out and you didn't answer my question.

First of all youngin, I did not say you send it tapes, I said you support a team that sends in tapes.

Also I was not whining or crying, i was just pointing out how you skins fans go away from a positive and turn it negative.

I started the thread and my point was if you read it right that I am worried about Barber catching the short pass or screen and getting good YAC. I didn't say I was worried about him running the ball. I'm sure our Defense will stop there run, but I'm not so sure about the pass.

Also to you dallas fans lets be mature and respectful. It's only the dallas redskins game!!!

First of all youngin, I did not say you send it tapes, I said you support a team that sends in tapes.

Also I was not whining or crying, i was just pointing out how you skins fans go away from a positive and turn it negative.

sorry middle aged man, i didn't mean to get your panties in such a twist.

Julius will get the majority of the touches against us.

The north/south physical runners don't fare as well against our D. Especially if Big Joe is back.

The shiftier backs have been the one's causing problems. (Tiki, Bell, Holmes, Tomlinson)

Apparently gambit has a reading problem b/c all of two people talked about Jones, one just saying he wasn't impressed the time he saw him play us and not to mention one of his own people saying that Cowpuke nation put too much stock in him....yet we are the negative ones after your pathetic, old man trash talk....NICE

In the 1st meeting we didn't blitz Bledsoe much played alot of zone,I think we need to blitz Bledsoe up the middle force him to throw on the run.Last week the chiefs blitzed from the outside and he stayed in the pocket and picked them apart.Force this bum to throw on the run BLITZ THE MIDDLE and bring Taylor to help on whitten.

Archived