Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey the New Rypien

Ynot

Also when have you seen Brunnell Step up in the pocket he is always backing up and away from the rush and running to the side. There have been may times you ask yourself why is he backing up from a rush from the side instead of stepping up in the pocket. I agree Ramsey would step up and not be afraid to take the hit!!!

He backing up and going sideways because the guards and the center and getting pushed back into him, he has nowhere to step up to.

Everything starts up front, if the O Line doesnt do their job, it effects every aspect of the offense.

Re read my post, I said there are times I see the room up the middle and the rush is comgin fromt he side and instead of stepping up he goes backwards or spends out to the side. I siad when there was room up the middle. We do know there are times when there was no room up the middle but there were times when there was.

Green was a great back up for the Rams and not to Forget Humphries for the Chargers in the Super Bowl!!!! how Many Skins is that in the Superbowl!!!!! How many other teams can say that!!!! It has to do with the talent around them, having consistency with coaching and letting that system do the work. My feeling Gibbs nows that Ramsey may need another year under his belt learning and Brunnell being a veteran can help until he gets Ramseys up to his standards, which I believe will be next year if not this year!!!! Before all is said and done

Green was brought into the Rams organization to be the starter but he got injured. Whether or not he was behind center is not the point. The point is, we have let too many good QBs go and we have held onto the bums.

Ramsey is and always will be a so so QB. He has a strong arm but absolutely no ability to read a defense or check the field for an open receiver. His "toughness" and ability to take a hit are not something to be admired. It means he is holding onto the ball to long.

Cheering Ramsey's toughness is like saying Peyton sucks because he almost never gets sacked. There is a reason good QBs don't take so many hits.

Don't let that #11 throw you off. Rypien was solid. But without the posse Rypien could have been more like Ramsey??? Or if we can get a new posse. Who knows?

Joe knows...........I like Ramsey, but, when Joe drafted Campbell he pretty much showed he's going in another direction.

In talent, Mark Rypien didn't come close to Ramsey. He surpassed Patrick only in one aspect, he had a better touch on his deep throws.

Rypien benefitted from being surrounded by outstanding talent. In his best year, he was sacked only 13 times for the entire year. In 2004, our QBs were sacked 32 times. Under Spurrier, it was 40 per season.

Rypien had a much better corps of receivers than Ramsey has ever had.

In mobility, Patrick is a gazelle compared to Rypien.

I alaso think Gibbs Drafted Rypien when a Joe Thiesman was still quarterback. Gibbs has always wanted a veteran tto go with a good starter or he would go with a veteran starter yet have gusys with 4 or 5 years experience and then have a rookie with 1 or 2 years. Hmm kinda sounds like what he has now!!!!

Brett favre takes hits and is it because he cannot read defenses!!!! Joe Montana and many others took hits also when there lines were not that good. Remember under Spurrier that it was everyone out and no body block and he still moved the ball!!!!

Ramsey is nothing like Frerotte!! Ramsey is a future champ, mark my words!! He is another Farve!

I am confident in saying that Ramsey will never be as good as Farve. QB is a tought position to gauge. What we don't know is how well Campbell is doing? The coaches see him in practice every day. I think Ramsey will be traded for two reasons. One, I think Campbell is progressing and demonstrates an ability to play in the NFL and Ramsey was given a chance and didn't take advantage of it. I really like Ramsey, but he has trouble reading NFL defenses and does not have as good a touch on his passes as the coaches demad. However, a few years done the road he may develop into a good QB under the right circumstances.

I think they will shop Ramsey, only because we don't have a first round pick. Not that Ramsey will get one. It's obvious the future is Jason, plus after next year Pat becomes a free agent if he leaves and we get nothing. He has most value to us this year.

Ramsey is and always will be a so so QB. He has a strong arm but absolutely no ability to read a defense or check the field for an open receiver. His "toughness" and ability to take a hit are not something to be admired. It means he is holding onto the ball to long.

Cheering Ramsey's toughness is like saying Peyton sucks because he almost never gets sacked. There is a reason good QBs don't take so many hits.

Unless you know the plays called, and you can see the entire field, you have no way of making these judgments.

You start Rmasey Next year and use Brunnell as the backup. You will get a 4th rounder maybe for him this year. Then you have to go out and sign another quarterback that will cost you money and the hit on the cap for the trade. If you start him and he does great then you can frnachise him and if he is not as good as you hope you at least had three quarterbacks to help with the drive to the superbowl next year, I do not think Brunnell and unknown backup and Campbell will be sufficent and Gibbs does not want to loose a yar starting the Rookie! Specially when you here other beat writers who are practice and others that say Campbell will not be ready until 2007 at the earliset but most say 2008.

If one team has a strong interest in trading for Ramsey, they aren't going to offer anything more than they have to make the deal. If two or more teams have a strong interest, the competitive bidding might run his value up.

There are eight teams in need of QBs and, it's safe to say that not all of them will overlook the fact that Patrick has a 10-13 NFL record in starts while operating without a strong supporting cast or system.

I agree with you that a good quarterback won't take so many hits. Our O-Line wasn't very good 2 years ago when Ramsey was leading the offense, plus he was relatively new to the NFL. I was merely mentioning his ability to stay in the pocket to make a pass, Brunell seems to rush out of the pocket too quickly on certain plays, running to one side or the other and cutting down the field in half making it easy for safeties to read him due to his inability to throw the ball deep across the field.

Yeah, it's called a offensive line.

We better keep Ramsey as we have lost Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon all Superbowl Quarter Backs since Gibbs was here last. Heck you even Have Ferrotte beating the Raiders that Brunnell could not and Sage coming off the bench for Ferrotte to beat the Bills.

I do not think Ramsey was given a fair chance for what we know how good the Bears defense was and has been all year. I think Rmasey could be our Rypien. remember he was designated started and yank and then reinstalled and 2 years later superbowl winner!!!!

Maybe he did need a little more time for Gibbs to need experience. Gibbs as always drafted quarterbacks as he knows and as he did with Rypien it takes four years on the bench and you know Brunnell will not be starting for four years but will be a good backup next year for Ramsey!!!! until Campbell is ready for the backup roll and then starter.

Hey, Green and Johnson showed great talent WHILE THEY WERE HERE (as did Humphreys). PR has not - he keeps needing more "chances" but never seems to make ANY progress on several critical problems.

I would not begin to compare him with those guys. I would think he is more akin to Heath Shuler, Jeff George, and most of all, NORM SNEAD!!! In case you are too young to be aware of it, Norm Snead was the Redskins' up-and-coming QB for a period of time, never could really fully realize his "potential" He was traded straight up for Sonny Jurgensen!!! LOL The Eagles fans must STILL be gnashing teeth over THAT one. Let's hope we can do as well with PR...

I like Ramsey, I really do, but I don't think he's better than Brunell. They both excel better than the other in different areas. Yet after watching Brunell's play the last 3 weeks I've concluded he's about even with Ramsey overall. Our best bet at getting a consistent, quality performance from the quarterback position is Jason Campbell. Let's hope the guy has been as studious as Carson Palmer was when he was a rookie.

Because he was hurt.. Not incapable.. That offense would have gone to superbowl with me at the helm

Agree. He wasn't hurt all year, though. When we played them in St Louis that season, Trent was the QB for that game.

Or was that the next season? Can't remember for sure.

We can hope Campbell is up to it. The problem to compare him to Carson Palmer, or any other up start rookie is that he did not come from a pro style offense and definitely not a pass oriented offense and he showed a little promise as a junior and some great flashes as a Senior but he as alwyas been based on potential because of his athletic ability. We can hope he can grasp reading defenses and adjusting to the pro level. Remember Mcnabb came from a pass oriented offense at Syracuse, Palmer at USC (Pro Coach) The Mannings Dad was a NFL QB and has groomed his soons since prep football!

Archived