Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey the New Rypien

Ynot

We better keep Ramsey as we have lost Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon all Superbowl Quarter Backs since Gibbs was here last. Heck you even Have Ferrotte beating the Raiders that Brunnell could not and Sage coming off the bench for Ferrotte to beat the Bills.

I do not think Ramsey was given a fair chance for what we know how good the Bears defense was and has been all year. I think Rmasey could be our Rypien. remember he was designated started and yank and then reinstalled and 2 years later superbowl winner!!!!

Maybe he did need a little more time for Gibbs to need experience. Gibbs as always drafted quarterbacks as he knows and as he did with Rypien it takes four years on the bench and you know Brunnell will not be starting for four years but will be a good backup next year for Ramsey!!!! until Campbell is ready for the backup roll and then starter.

He got a ring holding the clipboard for Kurt Warner against the Titans.

With the brilliant way Faulk played that year, I think Green could've had a great season and led the Rams to the title. If the Chiefs had managed to have a defense the past few years they'd have won at least one Super Bowl by now with Green and Holmes.

Green was a great back up for the Rams and not to Forget Humphries for the Chargers in the Super Bowl!!!! how Many Skins is that in the Superbowl!!!!! How many other teams can say that!!!! It has to do with the talent around them, having consistency with coaching and letting that system do the work. My feeling Gibbs nows that Ramsey may need another year under his belt learning and Brunnell being a veteran can help until he gets Ramseys up to his standards, which I believe will be next year if not this year!!!! Before all is said and done

I agree and that is why I also agree that Brunnell will be a good veteran backup for ramsey until Campbell is ready after Ramsey or if Ramsey does not pan out. But i think he will flourish if given the chance with an easier schedule next year!

Why do you say Joe gibbs doesn't agree, He sat Rypein Down also and let him ride the bench for while after his first try at it.

Rypien was a backup to begin with, not the starter. Ramsey was the starter when Coach Gibbs returned and has been benched twice now. He has seen all he thinks he needs to see from Ramsey.

When is it ok to cut Brunell, or at least restructure to get some cap room? If we can't, we ought ot cut him and keep Ramsey. If we can manage Brunell's contract positively, we should trade Ramsey. The only certainty is that Campbell isn't likely to start next year, and we need either Ramsey or Brunell to do it. I hope it's Ramsey.

One thing about Ramsey is that he isn't afraid to sit in the pocket. How many times under Spurrier did Ramsey just sit in the pocket and make a pass only to get hammered .5 seconds later. Ramsey got punished almost every down that season whether a hit after the pass or getting sacked 5 times a game.... I always respected Ramsey's ability to take a hit and continue. I think Brunell in an effort to not fumble gets out of the pocket a bit prematurely, when he could still be scanning the field and making check downs a little longer and thus hopefully involving our second and third receivers a little more... Although, better safe than sorry. I'd rather see Brunell run out of the pocket a couple seconds early than turn the ball over on a fumble, the margin for error is slim.

When is it ok to cut Brunell, or at least restructure to get some cap room? If we can't, we ought ot cut him and keep Ramsey. If we can manage Brunell's contract positively, we should trade Ramsey. The only certainty is that Campbell isn't likely to start next year, and we need either Ramsey or Brunell to do it. I hope it's Ramsey.

Do you remember watching this guy play recently?

Obviously Rypien won us a super bowl....but easy on calling him a "great WB"

I remember hearing something like he got sacked 13 times that whole season....the WHOLE SEASON

13 Times......

If you let me sit back there for 6 or 7 odd seconds to let someone from the Posse get open, even I could go down in Redskin lore

I am not kidding...let me back there, please....O lord what I would give to play QB for the skins for one snap at Fedex.....

We must crush the cowboys

O yeah, and trade Ramsey (forgot the reason for the post)

If we trade ramsey we will be hurting 36 year BRunnell who cannot complete passes now with any distance on them and a Rookie Quarterback and then if we get someone else that will be a veteran, maybe Ferrotte! You think trading Ramsey will get you a trade and your a LEft with Ferrotte or Sage? Who ever we bring in will not know the system like Ramsey.

Plus you will only get a mid rounder for him and I think he is more valuable to the team and if you listen to the comments of the Offensive line they are hinting they like Ramsey to be the starter!

Also when have you seen Brunnell Step up in the pocket he is always backing up and away from the rush and running to the side. There have been may times you ask yourself why is he backing up from a rush from the side instead of stepping up in the pocket. I agree Ramsey would step up and not be afraid to take the hit!!!

By the way when will the Brunnell Lovefest stop all so. I think he is good for now but not the answer for next year. I just think Ramsey could have done just as well if not better!!! He was not given the chance. he had better numbers than Brunnell last year and just as Brunnell has needed time with the offensive line getting there act together that is all Ramsey needed.

Archived