Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush Accepts Responsibility For Iraq War Mistakes

visionary

Time to start stockpiling the water and canned goods because the world is coming to an end. Bush admitted he acted on faulty intelligence.

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq," Bush said. "And I'm also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we're doing just that."

Its not big news

Every war has mistakes the difference is that the monday morning quarterback occured after the fact instead of the media hoping it will take down the president which it won't.

Too many democrats believed the same thing and are on video before Bush was in office saying the same thing

Its not big news

Every war has mistakes the difference is that the monday morning quarterback occured after the fact instead of the media hoping it will take down the president which it won't.

Too many democrats believed the same thing and are on video before Bush was in office saying the same thing

Okay, but why is this not big news but when Dean says he doesn't think we can win the war it is big news?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/14/bush.iraq/index.html

Dude, why has this not been posted yet.

This is big new today.

Especially before the Iraqi Election.

Because what did he admit to? That he was wrong about the intel? hell, everyone already accepted that fact two years ago, why did it take him this long?

Here is the crux of his problems, and why he will be remembered as the worst leader we've ever had. . .

"My decision to remove Saddam Hussein was the right decision," the president said. "Saddam was a threat and the American people, and the world is better off because he is no longer in power."

Saddam was absolutely NO threat to the American people. . . what was he going to do, bleed on us? he had no army, no weapons and was not a threat. The mere fact that Bush is still playing the Saddam is the boogie man card, shows how truly out of touch he is with reality. If you watched the MSNBC special last night, you can see why this is, and how he has a complete disconnect with reality. . . not a ggod thing for the leader of the free world.

Okay, but why is this not big news but when Dean says he doesn't think we can win the war it is big news?

Its big news because he is a leader(?) of the democrats who has his words and propoganda repeated in anti america overseas media and now used in the Saddam trial.

Plus its big news because it insults me and my troops that he would say something like that when its obvious that it is not true.

Based on Iraq, the economy or immigration?

Which one(s) is going to cause the democrats win a seat?

1. The destruction of our budget

2. Turning a $200Billion surplus into a $600Billion deficit

3. Iraq

4. Corruption

5. Indictments

You can start there, but there are about another 10 reasons why.

Its big news because he is a leader(?) of the democrats who has his words and propoganda repeated in anti america overseas media and now used in the Saddam trial.

Plus its big news because it insults me and my troops that he would say something like that when its obvious that it is not true.

But you're not insulted by Bush saying "Oops, maybe we shouldn't have gone over there and had over 2000 of pur troops killed - my bad." (add Jon Stewart/Bush laugh)

And like i said - just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it isn't big news.

1. The destruction of our budget

2. Turning a $200Billion surplus into a $600Billion deficit

3. Iraq

4. Corruption

5. Indictments

You can start there, but there are about another 10 reasons why.

Oh please the economy is humming even with the record hurricane disasters.

2. He came into office with a small recession the tax cuts reversed that and there wasnt a surplus it was cooking the books which both parties are guilty of and its done by including social security dollars in the projections.

A Surplus is in essence the government having too much tax payer money.

Iraq will be a victory for president Bush, the freedom starving people in the middle east and the world.

4.corruption is in both parties and we see how corruption and indictments were handled in New Jerey with Toricelli among others

5. Indictments hmm is that the trumped up DeLay charges that are being thrown out weekly or the weak case about the non covert Valerie Plame?

Saddam was absolutely NO threat to the American people. . . what was he going to do, bleed on us? he had no army, no weapons and was not a threat. The mere fact that Bush is still playing the Saddam is the boogie man card, shows how truly out of touch he is with reality. If you watched the MSNBC special last night, you can see why this is, and how he has a complete disconnect with reality. . . not a ggod thing for the leader of the free world.

Did they build a Disney park in Boston, cuz you're living in Fantasyland. The concensus after the invasion is that Saddam was playing the UN to get the sanctions lifted, while leaving doubt as to whether or not he'd really disarmed to retain credibility in the region. Post-sanctions, it would have been a race to get nuclear arms before we could prove his actions -- Saddam was aiming for North Korea's blackmail leverage position. How can you believe that equals "no threat"?!?

Based on Iraq, the economy or immigration?

Which one(s) is going to cause the democrats win a seat?

Just general incompetence and how far away the Republicans' priorities are from the rest of America.

Having the two major faces of the Republican Party being exposed as crooks won't hurt, either.

But you're not insulted by Bush saying "Oops, maybe we shouldn't have gone over there and had over 2000 of pur troops killed - my bad." (add Jon Stewart/Bush laugh)

Except that's not what he said.

He said that some of the intelligence used in making the decision to invade was faulty and that he took responisibility for that and was working to correct the problems in our intelligence gathering.

Not only did he NOT say "maybe we shouldn't have gone over there," he went on to reiterate that removing Saddam was worthwhile and in the interest of the American people.

Comprehension skills really are on the decline these days. :doh:

Man, I cannot believe some people on this board. They complain and complain and want Bush to take responsibility, and then when he does, they complain about that. Geesh.. :doh:

I guess you can never make certain people happy. :doh:

Well then, let me be the first liberal to step up and applaude Bush for this move. Its not very often that ANY politican takes responsibility for anything.

My earlier posts in this thread were only to point out that NavyDave is WAY off base in saying this is not big news. Actually Reps. should be overly pointing out that Bush is actually not playing the 'Blame game' for once.

Except that's not what he said.

He said that some of the intelligence used in making the decision to invade was faulty and that he took responisibility for that and was working to correct the problems in our intelligence gathering.

Not only did he NOT say "maybe we shouldn't have gone over there," he went on to reiterate that removing Saddam was worthwhile and in the interest of the American people.

Comprehension skills really are on the decline these days. :doh:

Yep, you caught me. The President of the United States did indeed not say 'my bad'.

Lighten up, Francis

Just general incompetence and how far away the Republicans' priorities are from the rest of America.

Having the two major faces of the Republican Party being exposed as crooks won't hurt, either.

What exactly are Americas different priorities?

Dont say free health care.

With the charges being slowly dropped in an obvious political wish hunt in the De Lay case that isnt going to work.

And the Bogus Plame incident still didnt take out Karl Rove.

This is great news!

...now maybe Gregg Williams will admit it was a mistake not to play Lavar and Joe Gibbs will admit it was a mistake to start Brunell...

oh crap, I've been hanging out in FedEx too long... :paranoid:

:dallasuck

Well then, let me be the first liberal to step up and applaude Bush for this move. Its not very often that ANY politican takes responsibility for anything.

My earlier posts in this thread were only to point out that NavyDave is WAY off base in saying this is not big news. Actually Reps. should be overly pointing out that Bush is actually not playing the 'Blame game' for once.

Its not big news.

Of course he takes responsibility he is a man of convictions as most of us know.

However its a big deal to Democrats and the media who wanted him to say this last year so it could be used before the November elections on moveon.org and we all knew that.

Archived