Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philthy May Have Helped Us Out More Than We Thought Last Sunday

sinistershawn

Good Morning Everyone...

I came across this article that I thought everyone might enjoy reading over their cup o' joe this morning. NY is pretty banged up to say the least after their struggle with the iggles, which is good news for us. Not to wish harm on any player of course, but hey, its often said that the healthiest teams wind up playing in January, so I'm not complaining about this either.

This is certainly not to look past the game that we are all anxiously awaiting on Sunday, but in my opinion, this makes the dall-ass game all the more huge, as our chances of being able to take the division if we win this week are looking better and better.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5164686

Starting tackles Luke Petitgout and Kareem McKenzie, both injured in Sunday's 26-23 overtime win at Philadelphia along with Pierce and defensive tackle William Joseph, are listed as day to day.

Coach Tom Coughlin did not speak to reporters Tuesday even though the Giants had a scheduled practice. Instead, he released a statement that updated the status of the four players, none of whom participated in practice.

The statement said Pierce's availability for Saturday's game "would be doubtful at best."

Petitgout, suffering from back spasms, did not discuss his injury with reporters. McKenzie, sidelined with a strained hamstring, sounded hopeful about playing against the Chiefs.

"It's day to day, so obviously it can't be that bad," he said. "The main thing is not to push too hard and set myself back."

Joseph sprained his ankle in his first game back after missing three games with a dislocated elbow. No timetable was given for his return.

The Giants also placed safety Shaun Williams on injured reserve Tuesday with a hamstring problem. The eight-year veteran, a former starter who missed 20 games the previous two seasons due to knee injuries, hurt his hamstring on Nov. 6 at San Francisco and missed the last five games. Offensive lineman Lewis Kelly was elevated from the practice squad to take Williams' place on the roster. The Giants signed offensive lineman Jon Doty, a 6-foot-7, 307-pound rookie out of Kansas State, to the practice squad to take Kelly's place.

:logo: :gaintsuck :logo:

Archived