Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eric Moulds.... Worth a shot?

mammy487

It seems that his relationship with the Bills has seen its better days and there are talks of letting him walk... Do you think we should give him a shot or will he be too much $$$? He knows how to run routes and dosent have a problem catching balls. Just a thought! :point2sky

Moulds is an absolute necessity. He is the perfect big wideout for the Skins. Great hands, uses his body well, much in the same mold of a Mushin Muhammed. There isn't any such thing as too much money when you consider that next year will be the Redskins best shot at a title run. His career will be revitalized.

Give him what we need to in order to pair Moss and Moulds. M&M for next season. This is a match made in heaven and if we get a great pass rushing defensive end also, this team might be able to compete for an NFC East title.

I like Moulds and he probably wouldnt be way to expensive. Certainly worth a look if he is indeed let go. I still cant shake visions of Reggie Wayne paired up with Santana though...

We may have to "Shake" those R. Wayne visions..... off! His market price will be waaaaay too expensive. With the Skins currently about $15-$18mil *OVER* next years cap, Wayne is a mere pipe dream. Also, if the Skins "Over pay" for Wayne, it sets up a Peerless Price situation. Or better yet? An Alvin Harper! A #2 WR being paid like a #1. BAAAAD news on the cap!

Our BEST chance of a new 2nd WR would be Joe Jeravicous(sorry if I spelled that wrong) from Seattle. He's done a great job all season for them, but has been pushed back to being the 3rd WR once their usual 2nd came back from an injury. I guess it all depends on how comfortable he is though knowing he's a capable #2 at the worst and is being forced to be a #3.

Our BEST chance of a new 2nd WR would be Joe Jeravicous(sorry if I spelled that wrong) from Seattle. He's done a great job all season for them, but has been pushed back to being the 3rd WR once their usual 2nd came back from an injury. I guess it all depends on how comfortable he is though knowing he's a capable #2 at the worst and is being forced to be a #3.

Joe J. may be indeed a good pick-up. Hard worker, quiet, and productive. A Gibbs type if I ever saw one. Shouldn't be too expensive either.

Sounds like there will be a plethora of free agent WRs available this offseason... We need to focus on getting a defensive end and increasing depth.

Some more tight ends would be good.

We are good on TE, we need to draft a DE and get a "A" to "B+" WR in free agency. Wayne will cost too much.:2cents:

HELLO! Did we forget about David Patten. Has everyone forgot about this guy?

No offense to your or Patten, but have you seen his #'s for the season? I wouldn't be upset to see him stay as the #2 really, but you can't blame anyone for wanting to look elsewhere. Hopefully he'll have a Brunell type of stay...bad w/ an injury, then comes back on fire.

I would certainly like Moulds on our team, especially if he comes cheaply. I don't think we should spend gobs of money on a WR. Moss, Moulds, Patten, and then between Jacobs/Thrash/Brown and those other guys (Farris, etc).

Gregg Williams should know whether or not we'd want Moulds.

No offense to your or Patten, but have you seen his #'s for the season? I wouldn't be upset to see him stay as the #2 really, but you can't blame anyone for wanting to look elsewhere. Hopefully he'll have a Brunell type of stay...bad w/ an injury, then comes back on fire.

I'm just tired of us going out and paying ridiculous amounts of money for guys that we are unsure if they will fit into the system. I say focus on the DE and working on maybe a #3 receiver and go from there. I think David Patten is a heck of a receiver that, despite his numbers, helped get Moss open enough to make a huge splash the first 4 games of the season. He has one 3 superbowls and is a legitimate veteran.

We need more youth on this squad more than anything. No more 1-2 year players hoping they can duplicate their efforts in FedEx stadium.

Sounds like there will be a plethora of free agent WRs available this offseason... We need to focus on getting a defensive end and increasing depth.

Some more tight ends would be good.

AMEN to that!

Pass rush is a glaring weakness. No pressure from the front 4. They're good run stuffers. They's be a great d-line if they could come off the edges and lay some wood.

Not a big Giants fan or hater but I do have to say I like Uemenyura and Strahan combination. we have maybe one guy who can rush the passer but he'll draw the doubleteam every time. A second guy would get singled and cause HAVOC!

Throw in the great blitzes occasionally and this Defense can hang with any at that point.

Archived