Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis wants TO on OUR team?!?!

timdaley73

exactly....its not up to him. thank god it isnt. we'd have 800 alter egos running our team... haha i love portis but keep TO away, i dont care how good he is on the field (unless theres a stipulation in the contract that says one problem and hes gone)

I wouldn't be that surprised if Terrell Owens is a Redskin next year. Both Moss and CP went to T.O.'s birthday party. I think they both realize that having T.O. on offense will make their jobs easier and allow them to do it more effectively. I would also speculate that T.O. wants to get back at the Eagles in some shape or form. Winning a Super Bowl in DC would be enough to send thousands of Eagle fans into a suicidal frenzy. And we have an owner that would make the move. An owner that has been know to throw around a buck or two.

Honestly, if I were Terrell Owens, the Redskins would be one of my top choices. WR is our most glaring need in my opinion. (With defense end a close second). The question is will Gibbs allow it? I'm torn about it; but if signing T.O. means keeping him out of Dallas, then I would support the move.

T.O. is a cancer to any team he goes to, and wouldn't be a true Redskin. LaVar would be the first to speak out against T.O. once T.O. said something ignorant. Besides, Joe Gibbs wouldn't want him anyway. We've seen how T.O. has no character and that is the direct opposite of what Gibbs wants and expects from his players.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Terrell Owens is a Redskin next year. Both Moss and CP went to T.O.'s birthday party. I think they both realize that having T.O. on offense will make their jobs easier and allow them to do it more effectively. I would also speculate that T.O. wants to get back at the Eagles in some shape or form. Winning a Super Bowl in DC would be enough to send thousands of Eagle fans into a suicidal frenzy. And we have an owner that would make the move. An owner that has been know to throw around a buck or two.

Honestly, if I were Terrell Owens, the Redskins would be one of my top choices. WR is our most glaring need in my opinion. (With defense end a close second). The question is will Gibbs allow it? I'm torn about it; but if signing T.O. means keeping him out of Dallas, then I would support the move.

Exactly.

As bad as TO has been, look at it this way:

He's never commited any crimes. He never gets into legal trouble. He shows up to work everyday, as he's one of the hardest working guys in the league. And he is a great BLOCKER.

Gibbs has dealt with headcases before, hell outside of football his prized headcase Tony Stewart just won the NASCAR title.

If Gibbs can handle Stewart I think he can handle TO.

:);) :cool:

I get it, T.O invited Moss and Portis to his birthday. While they were there he planted ideas of how he could take coverage away from Moss and sess people for Portis to deal with at the line of scrimmage. He also wants to get back at the Eagles, he wont go to Dallas because of Roy Williams, and the Skins have an owner who is very rich.

Exactly.

He's never commited any crimes. He never gets into legal trouble. He shows up to work everyday, as he's one of the hardest working guys in the league. And he is a great BLOCKER.

Gibbs has dealt with headcases before, hell outside of football his prized headcase Tony Stewart just won the NASCAR title.

as much as havin T.O. on the team would increase productivity, u gotta be kiddin me, shows up to work everyday? he went to the eagles locker room during suspension and got into a fist fight with hugh douglas

Exactly.

look at it this way

he has single handedly polarized 2 playoff team locker rooms, and lead them into becoming a bottom dweller

save the he's "no criminal BS", this is about football, not applying to be a scoutmaster. For his talent he is not worth the destruction he causes.

Bubba, I agree with what you are saying, but I think the Eagles fiasco has made him (and Rosenhous) eat several servings of crow, and I think TO might just have grown up a little. Now he really has something to prove, and would, I would hope, be greatful for the 2nd chance. Plus the effect Gibbs could have on him.

If the Skins could sign him to a short term deal on the cheap, I would be all for it. Moss and TO would instantly become the best WR duo in the league. And we are HUR-TING at WR.

Bubba, I agree with what you are saying, but I think the Eagles fiasco has made him (and Rosenhous) eat several servings of crow, and I think TO might just have grown up a little. Now he really has something to prove, and would, I would hope, be greatful for the 2nd chance. Plus the effect Gibbs could have on him.

If the Skins could sign him to a short term deal on the cheap, I would be all for it. Moss and TO would instantly become the best WR duo in the league. And we are HUR-TING at WR.

that's the same wishful thinking eagle fans were screaming last year after trading for TO

I know it's the holiday season, but Scrooge was a fictional character, TO is TO and will always be TO

as much as havin T.O. on the team would increase productivity, u gotta be kiddin me, shows up to work everyday? he went to the eagles locker room during suspension and got into a fist fight with hugh douglas

Hey man, a lot of people don't like TO, but you really can't deny that he is one of the hardest working players in the league.

There's one thing that could keep TO in check if he were to come to Washington: having to face off against Sean Taylor everyday in practice. He'd keep his god damn mouth shut or he'd get his head knocked off.

Say what you want about T.O. we would when at least 4 more games than we did this year with him on our team. Hey! maybe he learned is lesson, who knows. But I know this. He would make our offense alot more dynamic. Do you realize how he would open up the run game for us. Also when we are in the redzone we could throw the fade rout to him. He can jump up and snag passes out of the air. Everybody deservs a chance. I'm sorry but I would take him in a second....and I'm just being real. I know alot of ya'll dont like the guy but...................... T.O. IN OUR OFFENSE+ OUR DEFFENSE= WINNING SEASONS, MAYBE A SUPERBOWL.

T.O AND S.MOSS AS OUR WIDE OUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN THAT IS SICK!!!!

WE WOULD GO AT LEAST 14-2.

I'd love to get TO without the attitude...and his mouth...and his ego....and his agent...

and his publicity hunting style...and his demoralizing, cancerous, morale-stealing pysche.

Other than that, I think he's a great pick up.

Seriously folks, can you see what's been going on the past 2 years?

We're building a team here and TO just is not a Team Player.

TO is a great football talent- nobody can argue that.

But he isn't a good fit for Joe's 'Skins.

I wouldn't even sweat this one...I can't see this happening...no way, no how.

This is the same Portis who felt obligated to announce to the press that he'd given Sean permission to skip team workouts and stay in Miami, right?

Maybe he thinks TO can play safety while Sean's doing his time.

(Clinton, you're a lot better at RB than you are at GM.)

If it is possible, I say lets go ahead and do it. I understand why T.O.'s stuff didn't work out here where I live in Philly... Andy Reid. Everything was fine last year, T.O. did nothing wrong, he suited up, kicked ass and scored 15 touchdowns, then was able to recooperate enough to get his butt in gear for the Superbowl, and put up numbers comparable with the MVP of the Superbowl. Headcase or not, he is DEDICATED.

I don't care what you guys say, in that Philly situation, he is RIGHT and they are WRONG. They treat every player like CRAP on that team except for McNabb--their beloved dreamchild... all the offensive linemen of Philly hate McNabb too and agree with T.O. that everyone is underpaid except McNabb.

T.O., TO TO TO, T.O., T.O.... (if anyone else knows the song hahah)

Archived