Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Much Improved Robert Royal!

melonhead1959

Yeah, I know....I wanted the Skins to cut him. But he made some key catches in the Rams game as well as the Cardinals game, and showed a little speed and athleticism after the catch.

When Antonio Brown develops a pair of consistent hands to go along with his blazing speed, this team will be fun to watch!

But we must be patient...Rome wasn't built in a day.

I remember the great Jerry Rice dropping a few passes early in his career.:dallasuck

What was disapointing is that Spurrier drafted Royal for his ability to catch the ball, not blocking.

Gibbs and the coaching staff obviously have faith in the guy and stuck with him. He finally stepped up a bit. With Cooley struggling, we need him desperately.

Cooley tips a pass and gets whacked and fumbles and suddenly he's struggling? :doh:

I agree that saying Cooley is struggling is a stretch, but he hasn't held on the ball that well after the catch this year. Granted, he's getting lit up, but there's no excuse for fumbling. I hope he gets it corrected.

Credit where credit is due - Royal has really stepped up the past two weeks. :applause:

Yeah I think he evaluated his performance, looked at it and realized if he didn't step up and make some changes, he will be hurting the team and his career, so I am glad to see he has made some adjustments. Hope to see him on the team for a couple more years. :cheers:

Yeah, I know....I wanted the Skins to cut him. But he made some key catches in the Rams game as well as the Cardinals game, and showed a little speed and athleticism after the catch.

When Antonio Brown develops a pair of consistent hands to go along with his blazing speed, this team will be fun to watch!

But we must be patient...Rome wasn't built in a day.

I remember the great Jerry Rice dropping a few passes early in his career.:dallasuck

Good job buddy, you jinxed him now :rolleyes::D

i am still nervous everytime the ball is thrown his way. but after the last two games my faith in RR is a bit restored. having him, Cooley and Sellers to go to underneath is IMO a huge weapon. with Moss and Brown (hopefully #2/catch the damn ball) stretching the field with their speed not to mention Portis dallass is in for HUGE surprise sunday.

Robert Royal has made about 3-4 catches that most of us could have made and ran with lanes as wide open to fit two SUVs into! He has dropped many passes in most of our games and was horrible in the Raiders game. Last week he made a nice catch on the sideline and had absolutely no idea where his footing was and was out of bounds. He is medicore at best and needs to be repleced with a real TE next year. I like Johnson but he doesn't play much and I would like to see him have a few more chances. I am sorry, Robert Royal is not our guy; however, I hope he plays his butt off this Sunday.

Archived