Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we go deep to Moss on the first play?

rincewind

I do think we should run play-action and hit Cooley or Jacobs on our first play. Imagine the Cowboy D if they can't expect us to run on first downs...

I think the way we make life easier on Brunell and the passing game is to go away from our tendencies in order to give them easier throws to make...

That would not only help the passing game but help Portis since the Cowboys wouldn't know when to stack 8 in the box!

You know it has to be in the back of all of the Dallas db's minds. So, if we go deep to him on the first play, it could really get them back on their heels, opening up the underneath routes?

Thoughts?

i think that would be a HUGE mistake , if brunnel was to get picked off, espcially by roy williams it would really pump up dallas and take some wind out of the crowd, although at some time during the game i would love to see them take a shot, just not on the FIRST play OR drive

I would rather we started the game with a power run up the gut, like we ended the Cardinals game. We need to show the Cowboys whose house it is.

...After we get a first-down, then we go for the play-action to Moss over the top.

i think that would be a HUGE mistake , if brunnel was to get picked off, espcially by roy williams it would really pump up dallas and take some wind out of the crowd, although at some time during the game i would love to see them take a shot, just not on the FIRST play OR drive

Are you on the coaching staff? Of course it would deflate the crowd IF he threw an INT. If the coaches have him in the game to start with I hope they aren't saying to themselves," Gee, should we throw it?", :secret: "Heck no, he might throw an INT!" :hammer:

I say light it up. :applause:

:wewantd: :point2sky

Gee, should we throw it?", :secret: "Heck no, he might throw an INT!" :hammer:

I say light it up. :applause:

:wewantd: :point2sky

i think your stuck in 1986 cause in case you havent noticed we dont have the posse anymore! if you think were going to win this game by chucking up bombs to santana evry play you havent been watching the skins! you must have been a huge steve spurrier fan:doh: i say give portis the rock and lets the skins d put the heat on bledsoe:dallasuck

Smashmouth football.

I'm not saying BodyBag Game #2,(because I try to be a good Christian) but knock the stuffin's out of them. Hit them so hard that they can't see straight. Run the ball up the gut with Betts. Bounce it outside with Portis, and once they are softened up, then do a little passing. Lets just win this thing!!!!

First plau? No. But we do need to attempt a couple bombs to Moss, just to keep Roy Williams off the line of scrimmage. I don't understand why we haven't even attempted any bombs to Moss in weeks. The wr is rarely wide open on bombs, you have to let your star try to make a play.

Archived