Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miami Heat has now become one of my most hated teams.

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

I hope those sellouts never win a championship while O'Neal and Mourning are their. It was no secret that those two have been pushing for Riley to take over for a while now. Here you have Van Gundy, a nice guy and a very good coach, being thrown under the bus by Riley, O'Neal, and Mourning. I don't care what was said at that press conference yesterday, Van Gundy got a raw deal. I guess going to the Eastern conference finals wasn't good enough.

O'Neal is supposed to be this great guy, but isn't this the second coach he has ran out of town? So why don't we ever hear his name and coach killer in the same sentence?

Thats sucks I did not even hear anything about this also isnt Riley like Vice President of the team as well or some crap? Im a huge Lakers fan even now when they blow balls, but that thing with Shaq and Jackson is no joke, why do you think he came back after Shaq wa gone people say it was cause of Kobe and crap like that if thats the case then why is coach Jackson there now, but not Shaq.

Guest sith lord
'] but that thing with Shaq and Jackson is no joke' date=' why do you think he came back after Shaq wa gone people say it was cause of Kobe and crap like that if thats the case then why is coach Jackson there now, but not Shaq.[/quote']

That's a good question. I've often asked myself the same question. As for your Lakers, they're actually playing some good ball right now.

That's a good question. I've often asked myself the same question. As for your Lakers, they're actually playing some good ball right now.
They are playing ok I guess not as well as I would like they are 11 and 10 and ranked 8th in the conference, at least they are han gin in there..Ive always wondered if they will ever win another championship again. I would love to see Kobe win a championship without Shaq to send a message to all the people that doubted him, pretty much if he gave a big FU that would be great since no one thinks he can do it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/standings

Guest Gichin13

This thread is the first time I have heard Shaq blamed for Phil's getting dumped ... right before Shaq got dumped too. Is that the coach you are counting as the first one who supposedly Shaq got fired?

PS -- Stan is not a good coach. That team made huge mistakes not pounding Shaq against Detroit last year. I think they still would have lost in the finals, but while I rooted for Detroit, Miami should have beat them last year.

This thread is the first time I have heard Shaq blamed for Phil's getting dumped ... right before Shaq got dumped too. Is that the coach you are counting as the first one who supposedly Shaq got fired?

PS -- Stan is not a good coach. That team made huge mistakes not pounding Shaq against Detroit last year. I think they still would have lost in the finals, but while I rooted for Detroit, Miami should have beat them last year.

Stan turned that team around....and they went to 7 games with a banged up Wade and Shaq....not buying that he's not a good coach.

Great move by the Heat.

Other than Stan looking like a stand in for Ron Jeremy its not like he has done a great job this year heck the last victory was a gift via the refs with no foul call on Arenas drive to the basket before overtime.

Thats the first time I actually thought the refs were cheating.... :redpunch:

As Buck would say, "Bugs' is incensed"!

Guest sith lord
Great move by the Heat.

Other than Stan looking like a stand in for Ron Jeremy its not like he has done a great job this year heck the last victory was a gift via the refs with no foul call on Arenas drive to the basket before overtime.

They are currently the second best team in the east without Shaq. So how can you say he's not done a good job this year?

Not hard to see when it played over an over again on comcast and then the coach ignores the reporters asking him if he felt he was robbed.

I was more upset about the next play when they called a fould on Shaq who never had posession of the ball and Haywood didn't touch him..... :mad:

Guest sith lord
they are loaded and thats no excuse just as REdskins fans ignore how important Thrash and our other WR was to the team but continue to say how much the team sucks

Just because a team is loaded on paper, doesn't mean that they're gonna gel on the court. You should know, since you're a Redskin fan. As for the Redskins, I think they're OK, but I don't think they're as good as everyone on Extremeskins pretend they are.

Gundy was an amazing coach, he turned the Heat around after Riley gave up on them, they would have won the Championship last year if Shaq AND Wade had not gotten hurt. He makes scrappy teams play well, and he incorporated Shaq quite well last year. Put in a bunch of headcases who cannot play good team ball, and talent alone will not get you far. Gundy is one of the best coaches in the League, it takes a lot more to turn around a worthless team (see Washington with Eddie J) than almost anything else in the NBA.

Guest Gichin13
Gundy was an amazing coach, he turned the Heat around after Riley gave up on them, they would have won the Championship last year if Shaq AND Wade had not gotten hurt. He makes scrappy teams play well, and he incorporated Shaq quite well last year. Put in a bunch of headcases who cannot play good team ball, and talent alone will not get you far. Gundy is one of the best coaches in the League, it takes a lot more to turn around a worthless team (see Washington with Eddie J) than almost anything else in the NBA.

If Stan is so great, how could the Heat drift through multiple fourth quarters without even attempting to try an entry pass to Shaq?

Stan never even seemed to emphasize going to Shaq. Screw the free throw issue -- I let Shaq foul out the entire Pistons front line every game. Especially in Miami, Pistons front court struggled with foul trouble without the Heat even trying to pount it inside.

That is weak coaching to me, plain and simple. If I am the coach, I say pound it to Shaq or sit. Plus Shaq is a fantastic distributor and is unselfish when he faces double teams.

Archived