Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins early 2.5 point favorites against Dallas (Merged x2)

Mr Platypus

The latest spread has the Skins favored 3 points over Dallas. I sure hope we can pull out a W of any margin. Let's go Skins!!!!!

I think Dalas has an edge because of their DEFENSE. Mark Brunell has fumbled 3 times in the last 2 games and has 3 interceptions to go along with those fumbles.

Dallas has the kind of defense that goes after the QB and Mark is likley to turn the ball over, mainly because, well mainly because he is a PROVEN fumbler.

But with that said, as bad a game as he had last week, this is the NFL. He could come out of frikken NOWHERE to throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Stranger things have happened. But the most important thing is that we play at home so crowd noise could at least SLOW the Dallas offense and give us an edge if its a real close game.

AAAHHH! I'm gonna wear my "Dallas Sucks" shirt to a sports bar down here in Texas for the game.... Please don't make me look stupid (or get my ass kicked?), Redskins!

:cheers::cheers: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

It doesn't surprise me that the Redskins are favored over the Cowboys. I believe the Redskins should be favored because Dallas was exposed in each of their last two games how medicore they are. Denver defeated them like a good team should and the only reason they beat Kansas City was because of a nonsense penalty deep in Chief terroritory and then the Kansas City kicker hooks a 42 yarder left and gives Dallas the fluke victory. Not impressive at all.

I think Dalas has an edge because of their DEFENSE. Mark Brunell has fumbled 3 times in the last 2 games and has 3 interceptions to go along with those fumbles.

Dallas has the kind of defense that goes after the QB and Mark is likley to turn the ball over, mainly because, well mainly because he is a PROVEN fumbler.

But with that said, as bad a game as he had last week, this is the NFL. He could come out of frikken NOWHERE to throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's.

Stranger things have happened. But the most important thing is that we play at home so crowd noise could at least SLOW the Dallas offense and give us an edge if its a real close game.

Mark sure had a tough outing last week. Both Brunell and Bledsoe are known to commit mistakes under pressure. It remains to be seen which team can generate that pressure. Skins have not done well in that area but with the return of Griffin to the lineup they did a good job on Warner. The weak 'poke offensive line should give them some good opportunities.

Yeah, but most teams that are favored by 3 end up winning by 10 or more...one things for sure Dallas' margin of error is pretty low, meaning that if Bledsoe goes down , right away, you'll see a Philly effect. One thing is we have a high margin of error--even at the RB position....and we've been working it all year long on the DL and DB positions.

So I think we have the highest margin of error in the NFC East. We just need to conduct good film study culminated with a good analyses and brief backs to Coach Gibbs and Company....Shepard snuck up on us in TB and Porter, from Coolidge H.S., N.W., D.C., got us when the Raiders came here....

Llooks like the Raiders saw our 2 TB on film and looked and saw it during the game, relayed it down to Norv and they coached up Collins, told him to look for it in this down and situation and when Marcus was over the A and B gap, Collins read Lemar's reaction at the snap, got what he wanted and he just laid it out there and Porter ran up under it...

Shepard, oh, he was just a shot out the dark.....seems like the down and situation concept got away from us though..I think it was what 3d or 4th down , no time outs for TB on their own 48, down by a TD. Some how we figured they would go underneath. We should have went to a 2% prevent with CBs playing a heads up for the deep ball to one side or the other and told Bowen to be expecting the deep ball on either side so play a good angle and when Collins throws it, break on it to help out that side of the field.

Everybody else play at home and take care of the underneath stuff...Yeah, I know, shoulda, coulda, wouldas. But great film study kind of takes care of some of that..hope the assistants are going hard in the film room, trying to ID those stress points and looking at what all the possibilities could be! One of the things Dallas likes to do is split Whitten out wide and send him on a slant , they'll do this when its second down and their on top of the Ist dwn marker , like 2d and 6, or 1st and 20 down side of the distance to go, they'll take a low percentage play like a draw and there's some other things out there too....

Not gonna put it on this site but the webmaster at Redskins.com all ready has it...does it matter? You never know. We want Dallas, We want Dallas! We want Dallas!

It doesn't surprise me that the Redskins are favored over the Cowboys. I believe the Redskins should be favored because Dallas was exposed in each of their last two games how medicore they are. Denver defeated them like a good team should and the only reason they beat Kansas City was because of a nonsense penalty deep in Chief terroritory and then the Kansas City kicker hooks a 42 yarder left and gives Dallas the fluke victory. Not impressive at all.

Donkey beat girls at OT and you called "Denver defeated them like a good team should". When girls beat Chefs in regular time, it is a "fluke". "a nonsense penalty deep"? Even KC papers agree it is a correct call.

heck, I correctly predicted our win 14-13 in september but I am more worried this time than before.

Bledsoe ain't perfect either. Although his rating is a little higher than Brunell's over all, I just dug up some good news on Bledsoe.

His rating in Sept was 103.7

His rating in Oct was 93.1

His rating in Nov was 77.1

Do you see a pattern here? And what's the temp going to be on Sunday? Thirty six degrees, baby. And that's at one o'clock, not six o'clock. See what I'm saying?

Here's more good news:

His rating at Texas Stadium: 98.6

His rating everywhere else: 77.3

His rating on artifical surfaces: 97.9

His rating on grass surfaces: 75.0

If you compare Bledsoe's numbers above with Brunell's numbers, Brunell's numbers are better across the board.

The fact is, Dallas is good, but they're not great. They are very beatable.

And yes, it's our responsibility to make it as uncomfortable for him and his line as possible. I don't plan on having a voice until at least Thursday, maybe Friday -- just in time for the Giants.

Bledsoe ain't perfect either. Although his rating is a little higher than Brunell's over all, I just dug up some good news on Bledsoe.

His rating in Sept was 103.7

His rating in Oct was 93.1

His rating in Nov was 77.1

Do you see a pattern here? And what's the temp going to be on Sunday? Thirty six degrees, baby. And that's at one o'clock, not six o'clock. See what I'm saying?

Here's more good news:

His rating at Texas Stadium: 98.6

His rating everywhere else: 77.3

His rating on artifical surfaces: 97.9

His rating on grass surfaces: 75.0

If you compare Bledsoe's numbers above with Brunell's numbers, Brunell's numbers are better across the board.

The fact is, Dallas is good, but they're not great. They are very beatable.

And yes, it's our responsibility to make it as uncomfortable for him and his line as possible. I don't plan on having a voice until at least Thursday, maybe Friday -- just in time for the Giants.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Very well written and great research, good points and thanks!

Why be "pleasantly surprised" unless you plan to bet on the game. the point spread provides no advantage to either team and has absolutely no impact on the outcome of the game. I am always amazed at the importance fans place on the point spread like it really means something to the actual game being played. The same thing holds true for fans emotions on mediot prognosticators.

I was pleasantly surprised because I know how often "fishy" spreads work. Like many here have stated (including myself), Vegas wants half of the money to be put on each side of the bet. I would think that the "Average Joe" bettors out there would take Dallas because of how much the media rides the Cowboys' jocks. The Skins are still flying under the radar, and the media influences those "Average Joe" bettors in sooooo many more ways than you might think.

Now here's where it gets good ---- You must ask yourself this question.... If most of the "Average Joe" bettors are going to take the Cowboys, how will Vegas get 50% of the action on the Redskins? Answer ---- the "big boys" that are smaller in number, but that bet larger sums will be taking Washington. How else will Vegas get 50% on each side? I was pleasantly surprised because the "big boys" are right a lot more than the "Average Joe" bettors. So my reason for being pleasantly surprised is not simple.... it's based on years of studying spreads and making bets. Of course I'm not always right, but lines that don't come in at what you'd think are there for a reason. I thought the game would come in at "even" or "pick." (And yes, I know that the home team typically gets three points). I think at a neutral site the Skins would GET three (based on the media "experts") so at FedEx, I thought it would be a "pickem" game.

I was pleasantly surprised because I know how often "fishy" spreads work. Like many here have stated (including myself), Vegas wants half of the money to be put on each side of the bet. I would think that the "Average Joe" bettors out there would take Dallas because of how much the media rides the Cowboys' jocks. The Skins are still flying under the radar, and the media influences those "Average Joe" bettors in sooooo many more ways than you might think.

Now here's where it gets good ---- You must ask yourself this question.... If most of the "Average Joe" bettors are going to take the Cowboys, how will Vegas get 50% of the action on the Redskins? Answer ---- the "big boys" that are smaller in number, but that bet larger sums will be taking Washington. How else will Vegas get 50% on each side? I was pleasantly surprised because the "big boys" are right a lot more than the "Average Joe" bettors. So my reason for being pleasantly surprised is not simple.... it's based on years of studying spreads and making bets. Of course I'm not always right, but lines that don't come in at what you'd think are there for a reason. I thought the game would come in at "even" or "pick." (And yes, I know that the home team typically gets three points). I think at a neutral site the Skins would GET three (based on the media "experts") so at FedEx, I thought it would be a "pickem" game.

I'm no "media expert", but if it was left to me to pick odds on a neutral field, I'd give the Cowboys a point and a half advantage. Cowboys are only one game better than us, and they got to host Detroit, where we had to host the division leader Bears. Their schedule has been easier than ours, up to now. And playing at FedEx, I'd add four points to the Redskins advantage. So the Redskins would have the advantage by two and a half.

The Redskins should win Sunday.

Archived