Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the screens?

DC_Native,NC_Fan

We saw quite a few successful screens to Cooley and Portis in the beginning of the year, but now they are run a lot less. I really think a few FB screens could really keep these defenses honest and open up our passing game, especially in the next 2 games. I also think we need to throw the ball to Portis more in the flats. Thoughts?

Guest Gichin13

We have overused the WR screen, and way underused Portis on the screen ... but Portis' hands are kind of shaky, that may be why. Betts seems like he is good out of the backfield, perhaps use him for more screens.

We saw quite a few successful screens to Cooley and Portis in the beginning of the year, but now they are run a lot less. I really think a few FB screens could really keep these defenses honest and open up our passing game, especially in the next 2 games. I also think we need to throw the ball to Portis more in the flats. Thoughts?

I completely agree and posted a thread about this a few days ago. i say get portis and royal involved more in the passing game. problem is gibbs uses both to max protect. with dallas's agressive pass rush, i think screens could be a great way to keep their defense on its heels. i think gibbs will use a lot of different looks and formations in the game to confuse their very young defense. i trust in gibbs. LETS GO SKINS

Archived