Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dave Meggett's super bowl ring on ebay

stupidsuck

it sucks to pawn off something as treasured as that. Lots of great players have yet to receive one, and he is forced to sell it somehow. That is something you want to hold onto as a family heirloom. I feel bad, but then again, I wonder how he has fallen on hard times.

I remember a quote from him after the Giants had won a game against the Skins, where he had thrown his second career TD pass - both against the Skins. The reporter asked him something like, "Are you going to throw more TD passes", and he replied "As long as we keep playing the Redskins, ha ha ha...". I never liked him after that and I just can't feel too terribly bad for him.

The sadist in me wants to set up a fake eBay account and hit "Buy It Now".

Wasn't he charged with sexual assault at the end of his career with the Pats? This was back in like '97 or '98 . . .

Yea, it was forced sexual assault in Canada. He supposedly screwed a hooker and didn't pay her, so she pressed charges.

I'm not convinced that's actually Dave Megget's ring, as the auction has already been closed with no bids on it. . .

He was also arrested back in 2001 or so for dragging a woman into his car and allegedly raping her. I don't remember where it was, but according to the law he could not be charged with rape because she was drunk. Eyewitnesses saw the woman jump from his moving car though. :doh:

Dave Meggett's Legal Woes:

1990, When he was playing for the New York Giants, Meggett was charged with lewdness and soliciting a prostitute after allegedly offering to pay an undercover Baltimore police officer for sex.

1991- A South Carolina woman sued for support for their two children, 15-year-old Charmaine and 14-year-old David Jr. In New Jersey, 3-year-old Gabrielle Angelica Meggett-Barone won annual support and a trust fund. And Meggett has testified he is the father of a 6-year-old boy, Davin, in Maryland

1998 -Arrested and charged with sexual assault in February after a 33-year-old woman complained to police that she was assaulted at Toronto's Royal York Hotel. Meggett was also charged with robbing the woman.

1998- Meggett is also facing a paternity claim from the mother of one of his five children. April Estabrook, 21, of Jupiter, Fla. sued Meggett in September for support of her son, Nathanael Lee, who was born Jan. 1 in Palm Beach County. A court-ordered blood test showed with 99.996 percent certainty that Meggett was the father. She is the fourth woman to have a child with Meggett

Dave Meggett's Legal Woes:

1990, When he was playing for the New York Giants, Meggett was charged with lewdness and soliciting a prostitute after allegedly offering to pay an undercover Baltimore police officer for sex.

1991- A South Carolina woman sued for support for their two children, 15-year-old Charmaine and 14-year-old David Jr. In New Jersey, 3-year-old Gabrielle Angelica Meggett-Barone won annual support and a trust fund. And Meggett has testified he is the father of a 6-year-old boy, Davin, in Maryland

1998 -Arrested and charged with sexual assault in February after a 33-year-old woman complained to police that she was assaulted at Toronto's Royal York Hotel. Meggett was also charged with robbing the woman.

1998- Meggett is also facing a paternity claim from the mother of one of his five children. April Estabrook, 21, of Jupiter, Fla. sued Meggett in September for support of her son, Nathanael Lee, who was born Jan. 1 in Palm Beach County. A court-ordered blood test showed with 99.996 percent certainty that Meggett was the father. She is the fourth woman to have a child with Meggett

Ya know, when you put that way, I really find it hard to feel sorry for the guy. Some of those are hardships that he brought upon himself. He was a hell of a return guy thou. :doh:

Yea, that's the one I was talking about. He and another guy I believe had sex with her (the assault) then refused to pay her (robbery). I don't remember how the case panned out though.

Archived