Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extreme Game Primer: Redskins vs. Dallas (UPDATED 12/14/05)

Tarhog

EXTREME GAME PRIMER: REDSKINS vs DALLAS - 12/18/05

Here you can access handy information about the pivotal FedEx Field clash against the vastly over-hyped Cowboys:

Click HERE to view Media Notes about the big game!

Click HERE to view Coach Gibb's comments regarding the Arizona game

Click HERE to view Coach Gibb's comments about the upcoming clash with Dallas

Click HERE to view comments from QB Mark Brunell regarding the upcoming game

Click HERE to view comments by Dallas Coach Bill Parcell's and wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson

Click HERE to view the latest Injury Report

Click HERE to view 2005 Redskins Roster by Position.

Click HERE to view 2005 Redskins Numerical Roster.

Click HERE to view the Injury Report.

(courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

:helmet:

Well I'm all for the Redskins beating Dallas, but geeze all these injuries just keep adding up. The Redskin secondary especially. Gibbs is a great coach but when you don't have all the pieces to put in place, then his system isn't going to work well.

the Defensive line is also banged up. Brandon Noble is out, Killings hurt, Griffin hurt, Salve'a hurt, good grief the Skins are using converted DE's to fill in the DT spot. I give this team alot of credit though some teams with this many injuries would have folded by now. But the Redskins keep fighting. I Love them for that. The fighting spirit. Again I hope and pray with all my heart and soul that the Redskins can come together this week against Dallas and prove the media,radio naysayers wrong. Most people aren't giving the Redskins any chance at all at winning this ballgame. I just hope this game is special, I hope that the Redskins play smart,tough,hard-nosed,emotional football. I think the Redskin players in preparing for this game remember all the famous players and coaches in the Redskin Football franchise. All the legends,hall of famers,all the traditions. Put them to heart, they will be with you in spirit on that day. To the fans now is our time as well to remember all the success this franchise has had. Let us remember old RFK stadium, and all the fans who cheered our beloved Redskins in years past. Let the spirit of the Redskins rich football history be with us in our meeting with our old rival Dallas. To all Redskin faithful. Keep the Faith. wear your Redskin clothing this week, it's time to represent our faith,love and admiration for our team, the Washington Redskins. Let no Redskin fan be found not wearing their burgandy and gold, Redskins fans now is the time when we should stand together and unite behind our team as never before. I have no doubt Redskin Nation shall be alive and well on gameday.

That is One Great Post :applause: Im always with the Skins win or lose but if theres any coach who can take replacement players and beat Dallas its Joe Gibbs and hes proved it. I was a lil worried about all the injuries myself but I have a feeling many will play and play well. Im also glad Gibbs has ran the ball these last 2 weeks because Defenses are packing the line of scrimage again and you better believe thats what Coach Gibbs and Santana Moss needs . We had recievers open the whole second half against the Cards but why show Dallas something there about to get hit with. Make them bring 8 and 9 to the box to stop Portis because they cant cover Moss and they cant cover our other recievers who will get alot of passes this week. Some of these post I read, people think Gibbs forgot how to mix things up, did they ever think he knew the run alone could beat the Rams and Cards? This mans not in the hall of fame for nothing and he hasn't forgot anything about football. Our enemy can not study film on something we haven't showed them yet ;)

Plain and simple, I dont think Dallas can beat us even with the injuries we have. We are a better team then our record, we have beat the best in the NFC and the greatest thing about this year is FINALY the Rivalry is back when the NFC East is still up for grabs. What better way could this year end then to sweep Dallas when the playoffs are on the line and Take back the Division the following week against the Giants in our house. What a way to roll into the Playoffs, "and if we do this which is VERY possible", I will expect our Skins to be playing in SuperBowl 40. People say were not a SuperBowl team yet, well we beat the best in the NFC like I said, so if were not a SuperBowl contender, then who is? Dallas your 3rd in-a-row with 2 more to go!!!!

:point2sky "Go Redskins Go" :point2sky

I'm looking forward to reading the notes from Parcell's conference call Tarhog! :munchout:

Thanks as always for these threads, I read them religiously.

:cheers:

Thank the Washington Redskins. They share this stuff free of charge with their favorite group of fans. I'm just their little helper :)

:dallasuck Im looking for Chris Cooley to have a big game. He's gonna prove to Parcells that he is one of the elite TE in the NFL. He's gonna make parcells eat his words, remember when parcells said that Chris Cooley wasnt a NFL TE. He's not only gonna have a good game but im hopeing he helps bring us to victory.

:dallasuck Im looking for Chris Cooley to have a big game. He's gonna prove to Parcells that he is one of the elite TE in the NFL. He's gonna make parcells eat his words, remember when parcells said that Chris Cooley wasnt a NFL TE. He's not only gonna have a good game but im hopeing he helps bring us to victory.

Quick question for Parcells.. How is Julius Jones doing for you? Not as well as Cooley is doing for us.

:dallasuck Plus Cooley really isn't a TE but a H-Back, but wouldn't expect Parcells to know anything about football.

Some quick stats

Julius Jones= 685 yards on 195 attempts 3 ypc

Chris Cooley= 654 yards on 53 receptions 13 ypc

Quick question for Parcells.. How is Julius Jones doing for you? Not as well as Cooley is doing for us.

:dallasuck Plus Cooley really isn't a TE but a H-Back, but wouldn't expect Parcells to know anything about football.

Some quick stats

Julius Jones= 685 yards on 195 attempts 3 ypc

Chris Cooley= 654 yards on 53 receptions 13 ypc

yea cooley is way better then jones anyday jones only has 31 more yrds then cooly and has142 more receptions and that there is something to laugh at and Washington will always be number 1 whether they lose or win against dallas i hope we win this game and plus i will be there as i am at all homegames +

:dallasuck

That is One Great Post :applause: Im always with the Skins win or lose but if theres any coach who can take replacement players and beat Dallas its Joe Gibbs and hes proved it. I was a lil worried about all the injuries myself but I have a feeling many will play and play well. Im also glad Gibbs has ran the ball these last 2 weeks because Defenses are packing the line of scrimage again and you better believe thats what Coach Gibbs and Santana Moss needs . We had recievers open the whole second half against the Cards but why show Dallas something there about to get hit with. Make them bring 8 and 9 to the box to stop Portis because they cant cover Moss and they cant cover our other recievers who will get alot of passes this week. Some of these post I read, people think Gibbs forgot how to mix things up, did they ever think he knew the run alone could beat the Rams and Cards? This mans not in the hall of fame for nothing and he hasn't forgot anything about football. Our enemy can not study film on something we haven't showed them yet ;)

Plain and simple, I dont think Dallas can beat us even with the injuries we have. We are a better team then our record, we have beat the best in the NFC and the greatest thing about this year is FINALY the Rivalry is back when the NFC East is still up for grabs. What better way could this year end then to sweep Dallas when the playoffs are on the line and Take back the Division the following week against the Giants in our house. What a way to roll into the Playoffs, "and if we do this which is VERY possible", I will expect our Skins to be playing in SuperBowl 40. People say were not a SuperBowl team yet, well we beat the best in the NFC like I said, so if were not a SuperBowl contender, then who is? Dallas your 3rd in-a-row with 2 more to go!!!!

:point2sky "Go Redskins Go" :point2sky

What are you talking about mustangsteve? The Giants are the best team in the NFC and they creamed us! Still, Dallas shouldn't be too big a problem. :wewantd:

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS YES WE CAN BEAT dallas even if we us our 3rd string players we have the best fans in the NFL THEY WILL TAKE BLEEDS SO OUT OF THE GAME WE HAVE THE PLAYERS TO STEP IT UP AND IT'S TIME TO DO THAT RIGHT NOW SO FOR ALL THE FANS THAT ARE GOING BRING YOUR LOUDEST YELL WITH YOU HERAT AND SOUL I'LL BE SCREAMING AS LOUD AS ANYONE AS FOR THE NAY SAYERS IT'S TIME FOR GIBBS AND ALL THE TEAM TO STEP UP AND DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TIME FOR A SUPER BOWL WE CAN DO IT WE HAVE THE TEAM IN PLACE JUST USING THEM RIGHT IS ALL IT TAKES GIBBS HAS THE KNOWLEDGE TO DO IT SO ALL ABOARD THE WARPATH STARTS HERE . HAIL TO THE REDSKINS FOREVER

yea cooley is way better then jones anyday jones only has 31 more yrds then cooly and has142 more receptions and that there is something to laugh at and Washington will always be number 1 whether they lose or win against dallas i hope we win this game and plus i will be there as i am at all homegames +

:dallasuck

Geez you arent really bright are you?

Those are Jones rushing stats compared to Cooleys recieveing stats, you cant compare the two, so why even bring that up!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you wanna compare receiving stats, at least use people that are THE SAME position.

:helmet: :logo: = :rolleyes:

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS YES WE CAN BEAT dallas even if we us our 3rd string players we have the best fans in the NFL THEY WILL TAKE BLEEDS SO OUT OF THE GAME WE HAVE THE PLAYERS TO STEP IT UP AND IT'S TIME TO DO THAT RIGHT NOW SO FOR ALL THE FANS THAT ARE GOING BRING YOUR LOUDEST YELL WITH YOU HERAT AND SOUL I'LL BE SCREAMING AS LOUD AS ANYONE AS FOR THE NAY SAYERS IT'S TIME FOR GIBBS AND ALL THE TEAM TO STEP UP AND DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TIME FOR A SUPER BOWL WE CAN DO IT WE HAVE THE TEAM IN PLACE JUST USING THEM RIGHT IS ALL IT TAKES GIBBS HAS THE KNOWLEDGE TO DO IT SO ALL ABOARD THE WARPATH STARTS HERE . HAIL TO THE REDSKINS FOREVER

Is it neccesarry to type in all caps?:laugh:

i will be there also, i am from virginia but live outside of philly, it is hard living up here in eagle country and still being a redskins fan, but if we can beat dallas twice that might shut the eagles fan up for at least this season because they lost twice too dallas and aint going nowhere but home for the play offs, theres still a chance for us Go Skins.

Cowboys @ Redskins

The coaching excellence on both sides is what makes this a valid rivalry. If Anyone who believes that the Redskins don't have a great chance of winning this game, has forgotten how proud this Redskins squad is. We've seen throughout this season, that this team plays with heart. Players have stepped up when called to duty. Antonio Brown got cut on Sept 13, presumably having to do with Gibbs' intolerance of fumbling the ball. Now in December he's back and helping his team win. Other players will continue to step up when getting the opportunity to fill gaps caused by injuries. WE WILL NEVER QUIT. As was evident in the last Skins v. Boys meeting, anything can happen. Amazing athletic plays, trick plays, special teams madness, always characterize these matchups. But....I've seen enought of them to know that it'll be decided by a big play in the fourth quarter.

:helmet:

Archived