Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Carlos Rogers already prone to injury?

Bleeding Burgundy

College-

2001 -- Underwent surgery on Nov. 12 to repair torn ligaments in his right thumb.

2003 -- Sat out the Arkansas game after he fractured his left thumb in the Tennessee game. Had surgery in October and returned to play with a cast on his hand in several games.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=7792

The Redskins clarified newspaper and broadcast reports on June 30 that suggested rookie defensive back Carlos Rogers was being treated for a stress fracture in his ankle suffered during a recent workout at Auburn University. Rogers, the team's 2005 first-round draft pick, has a first-degree sprain and a bone bruise in his ankle. He is expected to be in a boot and on crutches for two weeks and in a hard bottom shoe for another two weeks. The injury occurred while Rogers was working out at Auburn prior to the Redskins' June mini-camp.

During his treatment an old stress fracture was revealed, but it is not the primary concern since it had not caused any previous problems.

The team's main concern is that Rogers' bone bruise not develop into a non-displaced fracture, which is why he is in a protective boot and on crutches.

The team expects Rogers to be limited in the early portion of training camp that opens August 1.

as well as ankle injuries, and the one now, I just it would something to point out, not to jynx him or anything.

When you play football you're going to get hurt.

Look at injury reports for most players. A lot of guys get surgery and things like that done on them after the season.

Rogers has only suffered one injury this year. The other he had during preseason was an injury from college that wasn't completely taken care of.

yep, Rogers was a busted pick. He is never going to amount to anything.

as another thread started, we should cut Walt Harris too.

and while we are at it why not let the 30 year old Shawn Springs go as well, since we know he only has a few productive years left in the NFL?

then we can start the offseason without any cornerbacks at all and start over again by signing veteran free agents like Troy Vincent (34) and Duane Starks (32).

yep, that's what it is going to take to improve :rolleyes:

College-

2001 -- Underwent surgery on Nov. 12 to repair torn ligaments in his right thumb.

2003 -- Sat out the Arkansas game after he fractured his left thumb in the Tennessee game. Had surgery in October and returned to play with a cast on his hand in several games.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=7792

The Redskins clarified newspaper and broadcast reports on June 30 that suggested rookie defensive back Carlos Rogers was being treated for a stress fracture in his ankle suffered during a recent workout at Auburn University. Rogers, the team's 2005 first-round draft pick, has a first-degree sprain and a bone bruise in his ankle. He is expected to be in a boot and on crutches for two weeks and in a hard bottom shoe for another two weeks. The injury occurred while Rogers was working out at Auburn prior to the Redskins' June mini-camp.

During his treatment an old stress fracture was revealed, but it is not the primary concern since it had not caused any previous problems.

The team's main concern is that Rogers' bone bruise not develop into a non-displaced fracture, which is why he is in a protective boot and on crutches.

The team expects Rogers to be limited in the early portion of training camp that opens August 1.

as well as ankle injuries, and the one now, I just it would something to point out, not to jynx him or anything.

While I do understand your concern, I don't think he's reached that status just yet. He plays an extremely physical game, and as anybody who throws their body around like Rogers, injuries come along with it to some extent.

I hate that term "Injury prone" or "prone to injury", especially when it comes to professional athletes. I bet the kid that started this thread who is under 20 has had more twisted ankles & knees, sore shoulders, etc...........blah, blah, blah than Rogers.

Like Arrington and ST who are very physical and show no regard for their body, Rogers seems to be of the same cut. That's what I want from my players.

I've been in bed sick the last four days. Watched "The Waterboy"

three times and wondered to myself, 'why don't the 'Skins play with the same intensity as that cat does'. Bones break, muscles tear and rupture, ligaments and tendons do what they do. That's the nature of the beast. Football is a violent game. Don't ask me about "injury prone" or "prone to injury" just do it.

I think Carlos will be fine.

Archived