Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aikman vs. Thiesman

WeownU

Ok here's a question about Aikman and Thiesman.

Who's the better broadcaster? IMO, Thiesman is the absolute worst broadcaster I've ever heard. I can't stand him. Horrible. But I really think Aikman is pretty good. I don't know if its because I"m a homer, or if Thiesman is really that bad, so I'd like to hear from the skins fans to see what they have to say on the matter.

Thanks for being honest.

I remember a few years back, the cowboys were on sunday night football and quincy carter was out QB. As usual he stunk up the place, he was like 6 for 22 passing or something horrible like that. Anyway, he actually makes a good pass and Thiesman says 'Quincy is putting on a clinic tonight". I almost puked when I heard that. First, we hadn't even scored a touchdown yet and it was in the 3rd quarter or something ridiculous like that, and Thiesman says that???? Crazy.

I can't stand the redskins being a cowboys fan, but I was listening to the radio about 6 months ago, and I hear someone talking football. I didn't know who it was, but it was obvious he was an ex-player. Anyway, he was very interesting. Funny, smart, you name it. Turned out at the end of the interview they said it was John Riggins. Now I had grown up hating Riggins for obvious reasons, but never heard him in an interview or anything until six months ago.

Talk about a wild dude. Funny too. I've been a big fan ever since of him.

None of the ex-Cowboys bug me. Not even Irvin. I think Aikman and Johnston both do a pretty good job.

Theismann's ok. Sometimes he throws out a head-scratcher, but I attribute that to his enthusiasm and clear love of the sport. I admit, he can be a bit of a Redskin homer, so I could see him bothering a Cowboy fan. But on the whole I don't have a problem with him.

But yeah, I think Aikman does a better job.

I enjoy the SNF crew for the most part.

Joey T does LOVE his job and pontificates to no end at times. I respect him for being passionate at what he does. He gives useful insight and his opinions are interesting.

Maguire(sp) my least favorite of the 3. Points out the obvious. With Joey T talking nonstop I feel like there are too many cooks in the kitchen on the broadcast. If i had a nickel for everytime he shouts out "did you see that, holy cow"...duhhh of course we saw it dope ESPN isnt pay per view!!! Points out the obvious to the point where im embarrased for him sometimes.

Mike Patrick - I enjoy him and think he is an underrated play by play guy. Gets a little excited over basic things....ex- if a team goes up 7-0 in the first quarter...makes you think its 28-0 w/ 2mins to play. Overall though I really enjoy him and look forward to the SNF games a little more because of him.

I like the crew overall though.

I never noticed Thiesman being a homer. Never once picked up on that. I always saw him as being pretty fair. Now he has his favorite players, no doubt about that, but I don't think he toots the horn of the redskins, or beats down the cowboys too bad.

Actually Maguire doesn't get on my nerves too bad. I kind of think of him as that crazy uncle we all know", and take him for what he's worth.

All time favorite crew though. No doubt about it. Gifford, Al Micheals, and Dan Dierdorf on monday night football. Damn they were good.

I never noticed Thiesman being a homer. Never once picked up on that. I always saw him as being pretty fair. Now he has his favorite players, no doubt about that, but I don't think he toots the horn of the redskins, or beats down the cowboys too bad.

I guess maybe when he does games he's not too bad, but he does a lot of radio here and such, and he still clearly likes the Redskins. That's what I was thinking about.

Actually Maguire doesn't get on my nerves too bad. I kind of think of him as that crazy uncle we all know", and take him for what he's worth.

All time favorite crew though. No doubt about it. Gifford, Al Micheals, and Dan Dierdorf on monday night football. Damn they were good.

Well, if we're going to go back in time my all-time favorite vote goes to Howard Cosell.

Theisman is the worst announcer in football. There, I said it.

Someone like Baldinger at least has the graciousness to say, "I'm a very bad Madden imitator" right up front. Theisman sounds like he knows what he is talking about for the first few minutes.

Then he says that Jim Hazlett should be coach of the year.

Sadly, Maguire is the second worst in football. Sunday Night broadcasts are just painful.

Aikman is okay. I can't stand Joe Buck though.

I just can't let go of how much I hate the Sunday Night crew.

Patrick: "Tomlinson goes over the left side for three yards."

Maguire: "Folks, I'm going to tell you something. Ladanian Tomlinson is a football player. I want you to watch this. Watch this right here. See how he takes the handoff and then runs for three yards. Watch this. Right there, he takes the handoff. Then he is tackled. That's being a football player. And he got three yards."

Theismann: "We talked to Marty Schottenheimer this week. And he said that LT is the best back in football. And when a hall of famer like Schottenheimer says that, you know its true."

Maquire: "You know what? He did NOT get three yards. Look at this. Watch right here. That's two and a half yards, folks."

Patrick: "Holy cow!"

Maguire: "Folks' date=' I'm going to tell you something. Ladanian Tomlinson is a football player. I want you to watch this. Watch this right here. See how he takes the handoff and then runs for three yards. Watch this. Right there, he takes the handoff. Then he is tackled. That's being a football player. And he got three yards."

Theismann: "We talked to Marty Schottenheimer this week. And he said that LT is the best back in football. And when a hall of famer like Schottenheimer says that, you know its true."

Maquire: "You know what? He did NOT get three yards. Look at this. Watch right here. That's two and a half yards, folks."

Patrick: "Holy cow!"[/quote']

One of Maguire's brilliant comments was something like:

"Wow, Tomlinson is amazing. If you're at 3rd and 4 and you run it with LT, you KNOW that you are guarranteed a first down if you run it."

Yup, guarranteed four yards 3rd and 4 if he runs it. :doh: How are the Chargers not undefeated?

One of Maguire's brilliant comments was something like:

"Wow, Tomlinson is amazing. If you're at 3rd and 4 and you run it with LT, you KNOW that you are guarranteed a first down if you run it."

Yup, guarranteed four yards 3rd and 4 if he runs it. :doh: How are the Chargers not undefeated?

The opening minutes of that Saints-Jets game was just jaw-dropping. I actually tuned in just to hear how the three yokels would try to sell the game. Maguire tried to sell the Jets as a great offensive team. And then Joey T dropped in the Hazlett for Coach of the Year comment.

Maguire: "Folks' date=' I'm going to tell you something. Ladanian Tomlinson is a football player. I want you to watch this. Watch this right here. See how he takes the handoff and then runs for three yards. Watch this. Right there, he takes the handoff. Then he is tackled. That's being a football player. And he got three yards."

Patrick: "Holy cow!"[/quote']

Oh my god, I almost pissed myself reading that !!!!!

CLASSIC !!!!!

Ok here's a question about Aikman and Thiesman.

Who's the better broadcaster? IMO, Thiesman is the absolute worst broadcaster I've ever heard. I can't stand him. Horrible. But I really think Aikman is pretty good. I don't know if its because I"m a homer, or if Thiesman is really that bad, so I'd like to hear from the skins fans to see what they have to say on the matter.

I like Theisman alot becuase he was a former redskins QB and hes a pretty good one i think.

But i like Troy better.

Archived