Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd & long

redskinedwizard

considering the fact we have one of the best conversion percentages on 3rd and over 5 yards, i dont really understand where this is coming from. it seems that we have MORE trouble with the third and short because we dont ever strecth the field on these plays, we just try to pound it through, but hey, we have already won more games this year then we did last year so dont get so jumpy, joe knows what he's doin

considering the fact we have one of the best conversion percentages on 3rd and over 5 yards, i dont really understand where this is coming from. it seems that we have MORE trouble with the third and short because we dont ever strecth the field on these plays, we just try to pound it through, but hey, we have already won more games this year then we did last year so dont get so jumpy, joe knows what he's doin

Exactly.

We've struggled lately with the third and long stuff, but we were great converting it earlier in the year.

We've struggled lately with the third and long stuff, but we were great converting it earlier in the year.

thats what i mean. that was earlier...we were 3 and 0 earlier

Oh OK...well your initial post says that we've struggled all year long, which is untrue. Not to mention, offenses aren't supposed to succeed when it's 3rd and long so it's difficult to find what we could do to improve.

I 100% agree with you on our 3rd and long defense. Sometimes I'd almost prefer if the opponent is in 3rd and 4 or something...

Archived