Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the RB Screens???

jbooma

Joe Gibbs use to run the RB screen to perfection, it seems that we tend to just do WR screens but no RB screens now, why??

I think Portis would be a big threat with the screen with his abilities. We are focusing completely on the run because of the lack of WR's. Our OL seems to be athletic enough to handle them, just curious why do you think the never call it?

Joe Gibbs use to run the RB screen to perfection, it seems that we tend to just do WR screens but no RB screens now, why??

I think Portis would be a big threat with the screen with his abilities. We are focusing completely on the run because of the lack of WR's. Our OL seems to be athletic enough to handle them, just curious why do you think the never call it?

I think Gibbs still has visions and nightmares of what happened in the Superbowl vs Raiders...........

Did you see Tiki run after catch in Philly....we need to set CP up for YAC more effectively for sure

NY runs that play a couple times a game and Tiki looks great most of the time.

I am curious if Portis has trouble with his balance because he was not use to the extra weight :silly:

I would love to see us run the play. I think we've only run it once or twice if memory serves me right. I think in those occasions, I was a little disappointed in Clinton. I think he wasn't patient, and ran by his blockers. I could only wish for us to run it again, with Thomas, Jansen, and Cooley or Sellars out in front. Wow, could that net some yards!

Ive been wondering this too. I dont understand why we run the WR Screen to Portis instead of calling a regular RB Screen.

We've run a couple of WR screens to Portis, they haven't worked. One, I think it was v. Eagles lost 6 yards. Of course, WR screens often don't work so like a lot of things based on the WR being able to break a tackle or two and sneaking out blockers so you have the advantage at the point of attack, you just have to call enough of them.

Y- I don't know.

I was watching Monday Night Countdown and they were reviewing the Colt's footage. I'm watching the Edge slip behind his line on beautiful RB screens and screaming- this is what we need more of!

The RB screen is all about execution. For years I said GB, without doubt, had the best in the game. These guys owned that play and it was their bread and butter. Now, the Colts, along with everything else offensive, own it.

I wish we had a nifty one. I know we got the parts.

Archived