Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BRUNELL NEEDS TO LOOK ELSEWHERE TO OTHER WRs!!!

qcraftsman

Brunell is staying locked on Moss way to much. I know Moss is a great talent, but I think it is making it easy for the defense to denfend.

Brunell needs to open it up and look other ways quicker than he has because there are some open guys out ther other than Moss. He needs to give these other guys a chance.

Hopefully Thrash will be back next week for dallas!!!

Brunell is staying locked on Moss way to much. I know Moss is a great talent, but I think it is making it easy for the defense to denfend.

Brunell needs to open it up and look other ways quicker than he has because there are some open guys out ther other than Moss. He needs to give these other guys a chance.

Exactly, Farris is open but not even considered by Brunell. This makes it much harder on Moss and Brunell. Common sense says, if they double Moss, go to the one on one match up. His name doesn't have to be Patten. We need to open it up and until we do, our passing game is going to struggle. And it's not hard to cover Cooley when you're only using one other receiver. I just wonder how long it's going to take before Brunell realizes this?

He better see it quickly, because the offense we used on St. Louis and Arizona is going to be shut down if we try it on Dallas and New York, not to mention Philly. They are going to shut down the run and force Brunell to beat them.

If he continues in this tunnel vision, we can kiss our playoff hopes goodbye.

Brunell needs to realise that we have receivers other than Moss and Cooley, who have by far the most catches. Fact is, other teams know that they are our primary receivers, and it is the reason why we almost have to be perfect throwing to them, or else bad things happen.

There have been a lot of calls for another WR, but considering the fact that Brunell doesn't seem to look for anyone other than 89, I don't see how that would help.

Jason

There have been a lot of calls for another WR, but considering the fact that Brunell doesn't seem to look for anyone other than 89, I don't see how that would help.

Jason

Brunell doesn't seem to realize it, but he is hurting his own stats because of this, and it also forces shorter passes to Moss. He desperately need to have some plays where he looks to Farris first, and some for Jacobs too. This will loosen up everything, and the defense will start second-guessing themselves, not knowing where the ball will go next. Which is when we punch them in the mouth with Portis.

Bottom line: We've got to stop being so predictable. We need the element of surprise.

Farris was open on one of the critical plays yesterday, he was streaking down the right side of the field, however Brunell was rolling to his left and there was no way that he would have delivered the ball across to the right and down the field. But you are right, it seems as if they are hesitant in giving Farris the ball.

there was another play where jacobs was open running a cross to the right while moss did a hook to the on the left side. they both from the left side. as moss was hooking, jacobs cut left, the saftely committed to moss and left jacobs one on one where he left the DB by like 5 steps but brunell chose to force into moss. that pass was dropped by moss.

I dont know whats going on, i see him hesitating to pass to others. not taking advantage of the whole field. hes only using the field that moss and cooley are in.

which will close the amount of field we have to work with.

he needs to open it up, they were getting open yesterday. and thats real.

How does everybody know that the other WR's are wide open. After four weeks of film sessions and practice time you would think a veteran QB would be able to see a wide open WR, or at least expect him to get wide open.

Do some of you have access to the coaches film and know for a fact that the WR ran the same precise route that was called for. Or are we going off are hi-light reels and television replays in making the educated guess that Brunell has no idea of who is open and who isn't.

There is a reason TJ slipped to the second round and nobody signed Farris or Brown, these guys just can't cut it, did anybody else notice that we ran a ton of single WR sets and pretty much abandoned a deep passing attack from the beginning.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Guest sith lord
Maybe the moon is made of cheese.

If Moss is getting bracketed and doubled when we line up in three reciever sets, believe me, somebody should be open.

All I'm saying is, if these guys were that open, Brunell would spot them.

Brunell's play has left much to be desired lately. I agree that Brunell hasn't been spreading it around like he did early in the season. The other receivers are getting open but he isn't finding them. No matter how this season ends, I hope we get to see Campbell in there for us next year to see what he can do.

Somebody that is so against Brunell PLEASE post his numbers and stats when Patten was healthy and compare them to when Patten has been injured.

His performances were a lot better and we played better teams with much better D's, maybe this will be the week Art Jacobs, I mean Taylor Monk, sorry it's Taylor Jacobs, steps up.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I know who's open because of the post game analysis on Fox 5 after the 10-oclock news with Trevor Maddichs (sp). They point it out almost every week. Brunell just doesn't trust the other recievers yet and is taking the most reliable receiving option rather than the huge play. It's probably what has been drilled to him at practice. We are a possession/time/clock managing football team, and until we have the talent to destroy defenses, our coaching staff will not let our QB's launch the ball downfield. It's common sense. We are making the best with what we have and utilizing our strengths to our benefits. That's why we have even a glimpse of playoff hope right now.

its a combination of Brunell and the coaching. His hands are partially tied in what he can do, and he really is inept at throwing the ball downfield(except for a couple miracle throws earlier this season). Thats why its all short dump passes and run after the catch.

Brunell is average near the bottom of the league in ypa. Even worse in the last 4 games.

I know who's open because of the post game analysis on Fox 5 after the 10-oclock news with Trevor Maddichs (sp). They point it out almost every week. Brunell just doesn't trust the other recievers yet and is taking the most reliable receiving option rather than the huge play. It's probably what has been drilled to him at practice. We are a possession/time/clock managing football team, and until we have the talent to destroy defenses, our coaching staff will not let our QB's launch the ball downfield. It's common sense. We are making the best with what we have and utilizing our strengths to our benefits. That's why we have even a glimpse of playoff hope right now.

Actually, that's why we can't score more than 17 points per game, and only 10 were scored by the offense yesterday. And Arizona isn't exactly known for their defense.

If you think this will work against the NFC East, I want to sell you some property down here in Florida that I don't own.

Some of you guys are really strechting it with some of your "observations."

How about picturing this.....you're a NFL QB with only 2 proven players to throw to, Moss and Cooley. You can't add Portis to this because, while I love the guy, he isn't the most sure handed receiver ala Tomlinson or Westbrook. So you are being asked to not turn the ball over and throw the ball away if there is nothing there. Why the hell would you trust any of the other guys out there? You only have 5 seconds or less to throw a pass, would you trust Farris or Jacobs? What have these guys done to show that they can make an important catch?

Brunell to a degree does spread the ball around. Royal has had catches, Portis has some, and Sellers gets involved. Thrash is probably someone that Brunell trust, but he's been out.

Look obviously Brunell isn't Peyton, but with the weapons we have on offense, I think he has done a good job. It's like so many people aren't satisfied until we score like the Colts do.....

How about picturing this.....you're a NFL QB with only 2 proven players to throw to, Moss and Cooley. You can't add Portis to this because, while I love the guy, he isn't the most sure handed receiver ala Tomlinson or Westbrook. So you are being asked to not turn the ball over and throw the ball away if there is nothing there. Why the hell would you trust any of the other guys out there? You only have 5 seconds or less to throw a pass, would you trust Farris or Jacobs? What have these guys done to show that they can make an important catch?

Actually, in the SD game, both players made some big catches. Farris hauling in an 18 yarder, and Jacobs got three first downs on catches. Meanwhile, Royal drops three big passes.

So, who gets more passes thrown to him? Royal. :doh:

Also, when you only have two receivers that the D knows you throw to on a regular basis, it makes it harder to go to those receivers. It is part of the reason why the Cards picked us off three times. You at least need to pay lip service that your other WRs could be a threat.

Jason

Some of you guys are really strechting it with some of your "observations."

Maybe you should get a clue? Neither Moss, nor Cooley had a big game yesterday. You seem to think that the skins are really lighting up the scoreboard, but when you wake-up from hybernation, hopefully you'll be able to see that if not for Brown's kickoff return for a touchdown, the skins would have probably lost to the Cardinals. And even with Brown's return, we only were able to score 17.

Why would you not trust Farris, he has never dropped a pass yet?

been saying the same thing for 3 weeks

Archived