Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Cowboys with legal trouble

PotomacSkinsFan

My dad is a big dallas fan. We always give each other crap, but recently he attacked the character of the fine "sons of washington." Not even ol' dad can get away with that.

So I've been trying to compile a list of Dallas Cowboys who have had legal problems. Here's what I've got so far, but PLEASE ADD IF YOU KNOW OF/CAN FIND MORE OF THEM:

Dallas Cowboys with Legal, character trouble

Darren Hambrick, 1999, possession of illegal drugs

Michael Irvin, 1996, felony cocaine possession

Michael Irvin, 2005, Drug paraphernalia

Barry Switzer, 1997, third-degree felony charges (loaded gun in an airport)

Demetrius Underwood, 2003, assaulting a man in a wheel chair

Demetrius Underwood, 2005, arrested in drug-induced psychosis

Nate Newton, felony charges, 213 lbs of marijuana. Intent to distribute.

Quincy Carter, “drug rehab setback”

Erik Williams, drugs, spousal assault, DUI: almost fatal

Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson, drugs

Alonzo Spellman, weapons charges- “Spellman is the only member of this team [all-criminal football team]* to have been charged with terrorizing passengers on a commercial flight and forcing an emergency landing. According to investigators, once on the ground Spellman told the pilot “I am about to rip your throat out.” Add to the mix weapons charges, a standoff with police from inside his publicist’s home and the usual DUI and failure to appear charges, and you’ve got a starting D-lineman.”

Leon Lett, drugs

Deion Sanders, misdemeanor trespassing

Dwayne Goodrich, hit and run. Pleaded guilty to charges and responsible for deaths of two men

Peppi Zellner, 2002, felony possession of crack cocaine

Lance Rentzel, 1971, indecent exposure

Nicky Sualua, 1999, ecstacy, amongst other drugs

Troy Hambrick, admitted drug-dealer, never arrested http://kffl.com/article.php/1614/177

Tim Smith 1990, attempted to sell drugs to an undercover police officer (he didn't become a jerk until he left washington and went to dallas).

Rafael Septien- 1987, convicted of sexually assaulting a ten year-old girl

Larry Bethea, 1986, charged with assault in connection with a fight with estranged wife in Dallas

Mark Stepnoski is the leader in the charge for marijuana reform: http://www.equalrights4all.org/potpride/champions.htm

Mark Tuinei-“Dallas Cowboys star Mark Tuinei's final hours were spent looking for heroin and, later, slowly dying in his antique roadster while Sualua slept beside him.” Excerpted from: http://starbulletin.com/1999/05/11/sports/story1.html

Terry Glenn, wife beater and deadbeat dad. Won’t pay child support.

Chris Warren, failing to pay child support

Derek Ross, trafficking marijuana

Jermaine Brooks, received 10 years of probation for drug and weapons possession

* has three cowboys and is coached by Jimmy Johnson

:dallasuck

My dad is a big dallas fan. We always give each other crap, but recently he attacked the character of the fine "sons of washington." Not even ol' dad can get away with that.

So I've been trying to compile a list of Dallas Cowboys who have had legal problems. Here's what I've got so far, but PLEASE ADD IF YOU KNOW OF/CAN FIND MORE OF THEM:

Dallas Cowboys with Legal, character trouble

Darren Hambrick, 1999, possession of illegal drugs

Michael Irvin, 1996, felony cocaine possession

Michael Irvin, 2005, Drug paraphernalia

Barry Switzer, 1997, third-degree felony charges (loaded gun in an airport)

Demetrius Underwood, 2003, assaulting a man in a wheel chair

Demetrius Underwood, 2005, arrested in drug-induced psychosis

Nate Newton, felony charges, 213 lbs of marijuana. Intent to distribute.

Quincy Carter, “drug rehab setback”

Erik Williams, drugs, spousal assault, DUI: almost fatal

Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson, drugs

Alonzo Spellman, weapons charges- “Spellman is the only member of this team [all-criminal football team]* to have been charged with terrorizing passengers on a commercial flight and forcing an emergency landing. According to investigators, once on the ground Spellman told the pilot “I am about to rip your throat out.” Add to the mix weapons charges, a standoff with police from inside his publicist’s home and the usual DUI and failure to appear charges, and you’ve got a starting D-lineman.”

Leon Lett, drugs

Deion Sanders, misdemeanor trespassing

Dwayne Goodrich, hit and run. Pleaded guilty to charges and responsible for deaths of two men

Peppi Zellner, 2002, felony possession of crack cocaine

Lance Rentzel, 1971, indecent exposure

Nicky Sualua, 1999, ecstacy, amongst other drugs

Troy Hambrick, admitted drug-dealer, never arrested http://kffl.com/article.php/1614/177

Tim Smith 1990, attempted to sell drugs to an undercover police officer (he didn't become a jerk until he left washington and went to dallas).

Rafael Septien- 1987, convicted of sexually assaulting a ten year-old girl

Larry Bethea, 1986, charged with assault in connection with a fight with estranged wife in Dallas

Mark Stepnoski is the leader in the charge for marijuana reform: http://www.equalrights4all.org/potpride/champions.htm

Mark Tuinei-“Dallas Cowboys star Mark Tuinei's final hours were spent looking for heroin and, later, slowly dying in his antique roadster while Sualua slept beside him.” Excerpted from: http://starbulletin.com/1999/05/11/sports/story1.html

Terry Glenn, wife beater and deadbeat dad. Won’t pay child support.

Chris Warren, failing to pay child support

Derek Ross, trafficking marijuana

Jermaine Brooks, received 10 years of probation for drug and weapons possession

* has three cowboys and is coached by Jimmy Johnson

What -- that's it?

Cowboys' Switzer arrested - Airport security guards find loaded gun in carry-on bag

Dallas Cowboys head coach Barry Switzer was arrested in 1997, when airport security guards found a loaded gun in his carry-on bag at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in 1997.

AND ...

Getting to the church on time: Jerry Jones' quick ride to church could cost him up to $2,000 and six months in jail.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was arrested in 1999 after he drove away with his family before a police officer had finished writing a speeding ticket.

Yes, it is amazing that America's Team was able to win anything with all of that "turmoil." Of course, the Redskins never have any of that kind of trouble (Sean Taylor are you listening?). :laugh:

This is really a tired thread. your point is...what? That a number of Cowboys players had drug problems (as if that set of problems wasn't endemic to the NFL)? That other teams don't have off field issues? Twaddle! :doh:

The simple truth is, you a trying to set yourself up as a kind of 'morality judge' and that never works with human nature being what it is. I suggest not throwing these kinds of rocks when you live in a glass house yourself.

But please make no mistake, the Cowboys are coming to town on Sunday and you better have your A-game ready. We'll be bringing ours and I like our chances a lot better right now than I do yours. We'll see won't we? :redpunch:

Yes, it is amazing that America's Team was able to win anything with all of that "turmoil." Of course, the Redskins never have any of that kind of trouble (Sean Taylor are you listening?). :laugh:

This is really a tired thread. your point is...what? That a number of Cowboys players had drug problems (as if that set of problems wasn't endemic to the NFL)? That other teams don't have off field issues? Twaddle! :doh:

The simple truth is, you a trying to set yourself up as a kind of 'morality judge' and that never works with human nature being what it is. I suggest not throwing these kinds of rocks when you live in a glass house yourself.

But please make no mistake, the Cowboys are coming to town on Sunday and you better have your A-game ready. We'll be bringing ours and I like our chances a lot better right now than I do yours. We'll see won't we? :redpunch:

a) this is a redskins site. Go to your cowboys site (unless it's too drugged up).

B) Dallas is also the city that killed Kennedy (irrelevent but I wanted to throw that in there.)

c) There's more than just drug problems on that list. One guy sexually assaulted a LITTLE GIRL, one guy terrorized an airplane and forced an emergency landing, Dwayne Goodrich KILLED TWO MEN in a hit and run car accident, and Barry Switzer brought a LOADED gun into an airport!

d) Compare that to a list of any other team's legal issues and they pale in comparison to this cowboys list.

e) I'm not setting us apart as a "morality judge." The point is that the cowboys are so pathetically, morally deprived that they stick out as the worst and most debauched of all even with "human nature being what it is."

f) Your defense of these morally reprehensible actions is, in itself, morally reprehensible.

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=850&SectionID=2&LayoutT

the above link is to an all-criminal NFL squad

that's good stuff, keep 'em coming.

(this is me procrastinating when i should be studying for finals by the way)

dexter manley.... he's guilty by association... He played against the boys once or twice.... and oh yea, Drive By Taylor..... He's no saint you know!

a) this is a redskins site. Go to your cowboys site (unless it's too drugged up).

B) Dallas is also the city that killed Kennedy (irrelevent but I wanted to throw that in there.)

c) There's more than just drug problems on that list. One guy sexually assaulted a LITTLE GIRL, one guy terrorized an airplane and forced an emergency landing, Dwayne Goodrich KILLED TWO MEN in a hit and run car accident, and Barry Switzer brought a LOADED gun into an airport!

d) Compare that to a list of any other team's legal issues and they pale in comparison to this cowboys list.

e) I'm not setting us apart as a "morality judge." The point is that the cowboys are so pathetically, morally deprived that they stick out as the worst and most debauched of all even with "human nature being what it is."

f) Your defense of these morally reprehensible actions is, in itself, morally reprehensible.

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=850&SectionID=2&LayoutT

the above link is to an all-criminal NFL squad

The link you provided is actually quite interesting. Of course, with all of the reprehensible behavior (which I do not defend) mentioned above I'm quite surprised there are only two Cowboys on it. In fact, I believe it makes my original point quite well. You select the Cowboys as sole or "worst" purveyors of the said behavior but they only achieved two on the "team of shame". Tsk Tsk. Perhaps the authors of the web site didn't have all of the data they need to achieve your level of dudgeon.

Well, continue your bashing if you will, because your team will be "bashed" this Sunday if I'm any judge!

This can go both ways... ;)

Sean Taylor – Several infractions

Dexter Manly – Possession of Drugs

Mike Sellers - DWI

John Riggins - PI

Timmy Smith – Drug Trafficing

Deion Sanders - Trespassing

Billy Kilmer – DWI

Kevin Ware – PI

Jermaine Haley – DWI

Dana Stubblefield – Assualted his wife

Marlene Cooke (wife of Jack Kent Cooke) – DWI

Ray McDonald – arrested for having sex with another man in a public park.

You also have two more of infamy:

Dave Kopay

Jerry Smith

If you aren't sure what their claim to fame is see Ray McDonald above... ;)

and thats all that matters to the ilk of dallas,just win baby just win it doesnt matter if you have the same amount of character as ****house slug,just win,,,REAL DALLAS FANS IF THEIR ARE ANY SHOULD SLAP ALL YALL IN THE FACE

Archived