Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis is a system back

Warhead36

I beg to differ! That last run was pure power, and heart by CP. That TD run still has me giggling, he played that one great. His blocking, leadership and catching abilities make him possibly the most valuable player on this team, on Offense anyway.

Here's to you CP, I wouldn't want any other back helping to bring this team back to glory. :cheers:

I beg to differ! That last run was pure power, and heart by CP. That TD run still has me giggling, he played that one great. His blocking, leadership and catching abilities make him possibly the most valuable player on this team, on Offense anyway.

Here's to you CP, I wouldn't want any other back helping to bring this team back to glory. :cheers:

I saw people posting this and had to rewind the DVR. I saw the same thing, Portis was stood up on that run and the OL that came up behind him pushed him forward. Why is everyone giving the credit to Portis?

The OL played fantastic and came through HUGE in the end.

I saw people posting this and had to rewind the DVR. I saw the same thing, Portis was stood up on that run and the OL that came up behind him pushed him forward. Why is everyone giving the credit to Portis?

The OL played fantastic and came through HUGE in the end.

Huge credit to the line..and yes they HELPED him on that run. But he kept the feet moving and he kept fighting the whole way...after getting popped. THAT WAS THE PLAY OF THE GAME!

Clinton is an all around offensive threat. Not the greatest runner I've ever seen, but he can block, catch the ball and an all around heads up player. If you keep your eye on him during a game he is always around where he's most needed.

Some runner's can only run and not block. Some runner's can only run and not catch. Some runner's can only run and not be an option passer. But, when he's not running the ball he's alway's where he's most needed and that is in the middle of the play doing his part to make the offense work.

Now, if he could only keep hanging onto a lead blockers shirt tails or give a greater second effort to finish the run off we'd alway's be a dominate threat.

But wait a minute, is he an all around player? You bet your life he is and yes he is worth his salt. But wait, now that the offensive line as well as Clinton are learning how to finish off a running play their both combining to become a dominate threat in the NFL. But, Just wait it will only get better. Yes, No?

Archived