Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Forgotten QB

codeorama

The qb battle is going to get the most attention because none of the 3 contenders are stars. In my humble opinion, I still see DW barely in front. The next two preseason game will make or break him. Shane and Sage is a different story. At first, I viewed Sage's reentry as SS's confidence in Shane. But, MadMike pointed out, It could also mean that he saw Shane isn't the man. Great point. I noticed that SS went out of his way to congratulate Sage, it seems like SS likes Sage. At training camp, he spent a great deal of time with him. So to be honest, I have no clue if SS is leaning toward Sage or Shane. But one thing is for sure. One of them has to go. Patrick Ramsey has the most tools and needs to get more practice time and he won't until one of them is gone. The Washington post has pointed out that PR has looked good at times in practice and shows that he has a gun and touch. I think DW will get the job done, but he is only a temporary fix. (I could be wrong)

Regardless, one qb has to go so Patrick can get some reps.

Originally posted by codeorama

The qb battle is going to get the most attention because none of the 3 contenders are stars. In my humble opinion, I still see DW barely in front. The next two preseason game will make or break him. Shane and Sage is a different story. At first, I viewed Sage's reentry as SS's confidence in Shane. But, MadMike pointed out, It could also mean that he saw Shane isn't the man. Great point. I noticed that SS went out of his way to congratulate Sage, it seems like SS likes Sage. At training camp, he spent a great deal of time with him. So to be honest, I have no clue if SS is leaning toward Sage or Shane. But one thing is for sure. One of them has to go. Patrick Ramsey has the most tools and needs to get more practice time and he won't until one of them is gone. The Washington post has pointed out that PR has looked good at times in practice and shows that he has a gun and touch. I think DW will get the job done, but he is only a temporary fix. (I could be wrong)

Regardless, one qb has to go so Patrick can get some reps.

No, Patrick needs to take one for the team. He'll get his shot in 2003. I originally was thinking that Patrick would be starting by end of season but that was my pre-hold out thoughts.

If we can get up 60-10 or something like that, then making he could get his reps but I don't see that happening. Not yet anyway.

Patrick who? :)

He's been put into a situation as a rookie QB that demands some patience and discipline. Yes, he's the rookie bonus baby, but he's also a young player on a team that's reaching its prime and is ready to compete for more than pride. Ramsey is not up to that level of competition right now, doubly so as a QB, and doubly again in a system like Spurrier's that requires some time to get it down.

If he uses his time well, he'll be right in the mix to start this time next year. If not, then we'll be ****ing about not drafting a guard next year too. ;)

ASHBURN, VA -- Patrick Ramsey, the Washington Redskins number one draft pick, unexpectedly smashed the little finger of his left hand in his car door. "I really don't know how it happened, I was getting something out of my Expedition, when I heard Coach Spurrier's voice call my name. I looked up and felt this sharp pain as the door slammed on my finger."

Jon Jansen said, "I was on the other side of the car door, when it happened" he grinned, " then a big wind must have come up from behind me. Gee, this kinda sucks for Pat."

Redskins' training staff, have sent Ramsy for X-rays. They report that it seemed to be crushed. "He'll probably have to go on the IR." An unamed source reported.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HTTR,

Archived