Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Bradshaw has us winning out and going to the playoffs (Merged X2)

PuckDallas81

So sue me I was watching the CBS NFL Today Show, I guess I wanted a little nap before the game.

But when they did their initial playoff predictions, Marino and Sharpe were talking about the AFC picture, but then Boomer closed by saying, "A team to look out for is the Washington Redskins, believe it or not, at 6-6, they have a very favorable schedule and I think they can manage to go 10-6, which would be enough to get them with a 10-2 conference record, even if they end up tied with the Vikings and the Bucs...."

I know we'd get the spot over the Vikings, but doesn't our loss to the Bucs rule us out for that? Anyways, Boomer, even if he didn't get it right, his heart's in the right place. I recall even last week on the show that he mentioned how he thought we were ripped off on the Alstott 2 point non-conversion.

:gaintsuck

Just heard on the pregame show that Bradshaw has us winning all four remaining games. Howie Long predicted we finish 9 and 7 and still make the playoffs. Sounds like a kiss of death if these guys are predicting this. In any case, I'm just worried about which team shows up today against the Cards: The team that turns the ball over and hands over the game on a silver platter or the team that wins the game physically and mentally by playing hard-nosed smart football.

We hold the tiebreaker by virtue of conference record against the Falcons and Vikings, not the Bucs.

If the Redskins win out, they will have the advantage over Tampa Bay. We will only have 2 NFC losses if this plays out. I don't think Tampa Bay will beat Carolina today, and that would give us the tiebreaker.

Head-to-head tie break is before conf record so for that reason they hold the tiebreak over us, yet another reason why that loss was just so painful. They would have to lose 3 of the next 4 games for us to get the tiebreak over them simply due to overall record but that's some serious wishful thinking.

If the Redskins win out, they will have the advantage over Tampa Bay. We will only have 2 NFC losses if this plays out. I don't think Tampa Bay will beat Carolina today, and that would give us the tiebreaker.

Head-to-head results come first in the tiebreakers rules...and Tampa beat the Skins. So the Skins won't win that tiebreaker.

Archived