Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for Extrememskins veterans..,

JoeKnowsBest

I have a question that only you Extremeskins veterans can answer. When LaVar was out last year, did we have the same debates and bickering about him on this site as we are having now? Or was it worse? What was it like a year ago here?

I think the first slew of answers should all come from people who weren't here back then :D .

LaVAr was not the toipic of discussion much. Only inasmuch as "wow what would this Defense be like with him".

It was Antonio Pierce that caught my eye especially since we had spent much money on the ex-giant MLB(Mike Barrow) who never really played for us. WE released Jesse Armistead, Jeremiah Trotter. Also we bring in from the Colts: Washington.

Now, with all the turnover in the LB corps we did not expect LeMAr Marshall, Pierce, et al. to play as well as they did.

Lavar was a non-factor, GW was a WOW factor; at least from where I saw things....

yeh, Lavar was not talked about much unless he was rumored to return, then we all got excited. The common phrase was "we are soo good without Lavar, we would be better with him" and "cant wait to see him on the field again". The only person we really bickered about last year was Brunell it seems.

I think the first slew of answers should all come from people who weren't here back then :D .

SURE!! I'll take a crack at it. :D

Hey JOE, I've only been here since May. But if you want to KNOWBEST, go to the 2004 archives and search post there for LaVar in late September till the end of season. It would probably be a little more accurate then relying on these OLD :jk: ES veterans memories.

How was that Jumbo? ;)

Uh, I don't think we talked about LaVar that much last year. Our defense was so good without him, he didn't cross our mind.

I think the best response would be that we were all wondering what our defense would like like when he was back, if it was that good without him.

Yea I don't remember us bickering like this year.

Oh yeah we did. Oh there may not have been as many threads on him or as many arguments, but at any given time a spirited debate would break out about if Lavar needed to go or stay because the defense was doing that well without him. Hell, we had spirited debates about Lavar when Marty was here. Can always count on a good Lavar argument around here. Its just the frequency that changes.

Archived