Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade The Rock

indaslums

Rock Cartwright should be traded this offseason for picks. I would take a 6th rounder for him. He showed last week that he can run through holes big enough to fit a truck through so trade him away and we can replace the 7th rounder we used for him years ago and maybe even move up. Use it to draft a big fatty DT someone that can just take up two people. AND THEN, LET NEMO TAKE HIS SPOT. NEMO HAS SHOWED SOO MUCH MORE TALENT AND BREAKAWAY SPEED. and he is great on special teams.

Rock Cartwright should be traded this offseason for picks. I would take a 6th rounder for him. He showed last week that he can run through holes big enough to fit a truck through so trade him away and we can replace the 7th rounder we used for him years ago and maybe even move up. Use it to draft a big fatty DT someone that can just take up two people. AND THEN, LET NEMO TAKE HIS SPOT. NEMO HAS SHOWED SOO MUCH MORE TALENT AND BREAKAWAY SPEED. and he is great on special teams.

That answer is incorrect.

TRADE THE ROCK, NOW THAT IS A CRAZY IDEA. THIS IS THE CRAZIEST CRAZY IDEA I HAVE EVER READ. WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS GET MORE OF THE ROCK. THAT MEANS TRADING RAMSEY TO THE WWE FOR "THE ROCK." DID YOU SEE THAT MOVIE. HE DID EVERYTHING.

But seriously, if we are not going to use the Rock in the best way (short yardage) then I do think we trade him for something that we will use correctly

How are you gonna justify Rock for a 6th rounder. Nemo won't play the same position. It just doesn't jive.

But, the idea of getting value for Rock really in't that crazy- 3rd rd pick...Y. But, no way you get that. Edge wasn't even taken for a 3rd rd pick last year.

Blondie found the thread.

"NEMO HAS SHOWED SOO MUCH MORE TALENT AND BREAKAWAY SPEED. and he is great on special teams."

When? WHEN DID HE SHOW THIS "TALENT AND BREAKAWAY SPEED?" He was INACTIVE games 1-10.

He has ONE kick off return for 5 yards.....AND.....1 rush for 3 yards. I can NOT find any notes of tackles by him. So, if you are going to make this statement........back it up.

Absolutely NOT.

What ARE you thinking??

Blondie

Blondie found the thread.

"NEMO HAS SHOWED SOO MUCH MORE TALENT AND BREAKAWAY SPEED. and he is great on special teams."

When? WHEN DID HE SHOW THIS "TALENT AND BREAKAWAY SPEED?" He was INACTIVE games 1-10.

He has ONE kick off return for 5 yards.....AND.....1 rush for 3 yards. I can NOT find any notes of tackles by him. So, if you are going to make this statement........back it up.

Absolutely NOT.

What ARE you thinking??

Blondie

OUCH, that hurt!

651f5f59.jpg

The fact is NO TEAM would part ways with a second round draft choice, in a weak draft class, for Edge or Shaun Alexander, what makes anybody think Rock is worth a sixth round pick. We wouldn't get a fourth for a healthy Betts but Rock is worth a sixth, honestly we need to find that team and move quickly on this deal. I like Rock as a team guy, he seems like a hard worker, but you can't pass up a draft pick for your third string RB.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

The fact is NO TEAM would part ways with a second round draft choice, in a weak draft class, for Edge or Shaun Alexander, what makes anybody think Rock is worth a sixth round pick. We wouldn't get a fourth for a healthy Betts but Rock is worth a sixth, honestly we need to find that team and move quickly on this deal. I like Rock as a team guy, he seems like a hard worker, but you can't pass up a draft pick for your third string RB.

Are you for real?

Are you for real?

Okay then you tell me what team would give up a sixth round pick for a guy that had one good game against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. How come every year in training camp he's a bubble player? Do you think a team is going to give up a pick for a guy that might not make their team?

I like Rock he's got a low cap number and plays ST very well and is a serviceable third string back, but to expect a low round pick for Rock is a stretch. Even on ST he's not a returner so there is no value for him on ST to a potential trade, he plays good ST but he's no Brian Mitchell or Dante Hall.

Again sorry if I'm breaking some no talk about Rock clause.

Okay then you tell me what team would give up a sixth round pick for a guy that had one good game against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. How come very year in training camp he's a bubble player?

I like Rock he's got a low cap number and plays ST very well and is a serviceable third down back, but to expect a low round pick for Rock is a stretch. Even on ST he's not a returner so there is no value for him on ST to a potential trade, he plays good ST but he's no Brian Mitchell or Dante Hall.

Again sorry if I'm breaking some no talk about Rock clause.

I am not sure EVERY year Rock is a bubble player. Some FANS say he is a bubble player...over and over.....and how he will be cut.......EVERY YEAR. I have NEVER heard Gibbs say ANYTHING but how GOOD he is for this team.

And, again, he HAS been a returner. Spurrier era. And once this year.

Oh, and NO ONE ever mentioned B Mitch or Dante. Where did you come up with that?

Blondie

I don't care about talking about the Rock (sry Blondie), but you're discussing a 6th rd pick like it's a high commodity.

Do some research, tell me how many teams in the last 3 years even have 6th rd picks on their squad. Why would you trade a player with definite potential to be a well above avg #2 back for practically and literally nothing.

I know, RB's never get hurt in the NFL. So, it probably wouldn't be smart to keep him for that reason.

Every game Rock has played in he made many VERY impressive runs. The reason he's a bubble player every year is b/c that position (3rd RB) requires alot of co-factors that players have to fill. ie ST, maybe be a short yrdge guy, able to catch, block, etc. And the fact is, he wins th job every year. We'd be lucky to get a guy like Rock in the 4th rd, let alone trading him for a 6th. You trade vets who have no use on your team for 6th picks and hope you get lucky with a project. Half the guys you want in the 6th end up undrafted anyway.

I am not sure EVERY year Rock is a bubble player. Some FANS say he is a bubble player...over and over.....and how he will be cut.......EVERY YEAR. I have NEVER heard Gibbs say ANYTHING but how GOOD he is for this team.

And, again, he HAS been a returner. Spurrier era. And once this year.

Blondie

I'm not on the Nemo boat but there is a reason Gibbs drafted another RB, just so happens Rock beat him out this year.

Dante Hall and a back in the day Brian Mitchell would get you a third round pick, from a good team, that wanted to sure up return duties, but again Rock is not that caliber of player.

Gibbs never talks down about players in public. Every player is super important and every player is a potential core Redskin, it's Gibbs way of dealing with outsiders.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived