Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jacobs Putting in More Time

darrell1106

something is missing in this story. Jacobs is supposed to have 4.4 speed, according to teammates he is supposed to run well in practice and is hard to cover for the DBs, and is a hard worker and smart football player.

the we see him out there on Sunday and he looks more lost than a rookie on his first day of training camp :(

around the NFL you see examples of young receiver stepping up to make plays when starters go down, but for some reason Jacobs is just a player that has never looked comfortable playing vs. NFL defenses.

Jacobs will have a big game, and everyone will be on his bandwagon.

Last season it was Ladell Betts, you could replace their names, because the complaints were almost identical.

pretty much. :laugh:

i just don't think our offense takes enough chances, at least lately, to be explosive enough to have 2 dominant recievers.

as i mentioned before i was at the last home game we played and jacobs was running open pretty much every other play (that wasn't a go pattern lol). i don't know how a progression on any particular play but i would assume that jacobs just doesn't get as a long look as a cooley or moss would.

:nono: don't mess up a ***** & moan thread with.....

LOGIC! :doh:

I think we as skins fans have a great deal of patience w/ players and their development. I think that's a good thing and would entice more up and coming players to join the organization. What I don't understand is when a player has been given multiple opportunities to do well we continue to give him chances and excuses.

I give him until the end of the season to step up and make a little difference (not Santana Moss #s) but just do whatever he can to draw enough attention to get Moss open and obviously catch balls whenever possible.:2cents:

Doesn't seem to impact Moss or Cooley...what gives?

uh, Brunell THROWS the ball to them, heck he throws the ball to Robert Royal more than his does to TJ. and Sunday he threw 1 out of 4 catchable bals toward TJ, one Jacobs was wide open, Brunell completely missed him.

well, Jacobs get his chance this week. with Thrash still out and Moss possibly out there as a near decoy with the hammy, SOMEBODY is going to have to step up in the passing game if we are not to depend entirely on Grandma-Ma Portis and the running backs to win this game on O.

uh, Brunell THROWS the ball to them, heck he throws the ball to Robert Royal more than his does to TJ. and Sunday he threw 1 out of 4 catchable bals toward TJ, one Jacobs was wide open, Brunell completely missed him.

Probably because they can get open....ya think? I see Brunell check off enough to know he is trying to find an open receiver. I'll grant you, he will stare down a receiver fairly often as well. I just don't think Jacobs is playing at game speed, he seems to be in perpetual practice mode. Hope he proves me wrong! I'd love to see him break out and show more consistency.

well, Jacobs get his chance this week. with Thrash still out and Moss possibly out there as a near decoy with the hammy, SOMEBODY is going to have to step up in the passing game if we are not to depend entirely on Grandma-Ma Portis and the running backs to win this game on O.

What if Jimmy Farris has a huge day...it could happen! :silly: :laugh:

Probably because they can get open....ya think? I see Brunell check off enough to know he is trying to find an open receiver. I'll grant you, he will stare down a receiver fairly often as well. I just don't think Jacobs is playing at game speed, he seems to be in perpetual practice mode. Hope he proves me wrong! I'd love to see him break out and show more consistency.

Good point because sometimes Brunell is sitting back there for 3.5-5 seconds just waiting, then he'll:

1) check it down, or

2) throw it away

again, let's remember that Vinny Cerrato told us in 2003 that the club felt fortunate to be in position to draft Taylor Jacobs in Round 2 as the Redskins board had him rated as a clear #1 draft choice.

here we are almost 3 years later and Jacobs is still the #4 receiver on a team where only Santana Moss appears to be a legitimate starting caliber player.

again, let's remember that Vinny Cerrato told us in 2003 that the club felt fortunate to be in position to draft Taylor Jacobs in Round 2 as the Redskins board had him rated as a clear #1 draft choice.

here we are almost 3 years later and Jacobs is still the #4 receiver on a team where only Santana Moss appears to be a legitimate starting caliber player.

is that we drafted him over Anquan Boldin!!!! Anquan Boldin Anquan Boldin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

we would be in the superbowl if we had Anquan Boldin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man can we please go back in time or something

Archived