Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ND Democrat to Dean: Shut up!

hokie4redskins

Dammit, the Dems are wising up. Conservatives love you Dean. VIVA DEAN!!!

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2005/12/09/news/state/106702.prt

Pomeroy to Howard Dean:Shut up

By MARY CLARE JALONICK

Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - North Dakota Rep. Earl Pomeroy is accusing Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean of overstepping his bounds, saying the former presidential candidate should not give up on the war in Iraq.

On Monday, Dean likened the war in Iraq to Vietnam and said, "The idea that the United States is going to win the war in Iraq is just plain wrong."

"My words to Howard Dean are simple - shut up," Pomeroy told WDAY Radio in North Dakota on Thursday.

Pomeroy later told the Associated Press that he is tired "of the overblown rhetoric on both sides."

"We have young men and women with their lives on the line," he added. "The debate has fallen far short of what they deserve."

Pomeroy said Dean wasn't representing Democrats like him when he discussed the war.

"He is not hired to make major policy announcements on behalf of all the Democrats," Pomeroy said. "As our party chairman I believe he needs to focus on the nuts and bolts of winning elections."

Dean backtracked on his statements somewhat Thursday, saying his assertion that the United States cannot win the war was reported "a little out of context," and that Democrats believe a new U.S. strategy is needed to succeed there.

A spokesman for the Democratic National Committee declined to comment on Pomeroy's remarks.

Pomeroy said he also is frustrated with Republicans who have politicized the war and a recent House debate on Iraq that became heated and angry. During that debate, Ohio Republican Rep. Jean Schmidt implied that Democratic Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., was a "coward" because he called for troops to pull out of Iraq. Schmidt later said her remark about Murtha was a mistake.

"I thought the debate on the House floor was shameful," Pomeroy said. "It was loud, strident and partisan."

Pomeroy, who has visited Iraq three times, said he believes the United States must stay in the country for now to achieve progress on national security, the creation of a stable government and the establishment of a functioning economy.

In 2002, Pomeroy joined 215 Republicans and 80 other Democrats in voting to authorize force in Iraq.

If Democrats were smart, they would just keep handing these Republicans enough rope to hang themselves, not allow an opening for the right wing attack machine to get fired up.

If I were a Democratic strategist, I would run the EXACT same ad, except switch Dean's picture and words with President Bush's. That might be too subtle for the folks who are actually affected by these type of advertisements.

Dean and the entire democratic party need to shut up about the war. It's a losing issue and the only people that care are the minority uber liberals that get a bug up their butts about any war. The home front is where the GOP is weak, and always have been.

If the democrats are smart they'll start by driving a wedge between the GOP and their lunatic base. Once the GOP responds by running right, call them extremists and run for the middle. The base can't be happy with full GOP control and nothing done about abortion, nothing done about the constantly decreasing role of christianity in the country, and the ever increasing illegal population. Point that out to the GOP base constantly as a sign the GOP can't be trusted to keep their promises.

We're weak on the homefront? Is that why the the economy is thriving right now? I see. I'm surprised the Bush admin isn't flaunting the numbers right now.
The economy is about average at the moment. Neither booming nor failing. See the Feds move to level off interest rates at a neutral position for evidence of this. Growth is a predictable result of less tax more spend policy which is what they used to counter the problems encountered early in Bush first term.

However if you ever listen to what Greenspan is saying you'll see the true test is coming, the deficit is high and to keep this current style of economic policy could bring about some serious consequences. That's what Greenspan said so don't bother calling it a partisan attack.

All in all not a terrible job with over all economic policy. But the problem is you can't keep using tax cuts, because that isn't a long term solution. At some point spending cuts will have to come and the GOP has shown no willingness to do so, nor have such things ever proven to help the party in power.

Some weaknesses I can think of off the top of my head:

- Massive spending increases.

- New incredibly expensive entitlement program.

- Nothing done about abortion despite years of full GOP control.

- Nothing done to stop the removal of Christianity from public areas.

- Illegal immigration continues, proposal smells like amnesty.

- Super high deficit leave no room for further tax cuts for future GOP campaigns. The GOP loves to run on a tax cut.

- Government size has increased dramatically.

- Leaders, Frist and Delay, surrounded by corruption headlines.

Guest Gichin13
Dean and the entire democratic party need to shut up about the war. It's a losing issue and the only people that care are the minority uber liberals that get a bug up their butts about any war. The home front is where the GOP is weak, and always have been.

If the democrats are smart they'll start by driving a wedge between the GOP and their lunatic base. Once the GOP responds by running right, call them extremists and run for the middle. The base can't be happy with full GOP control and nothing done about abortion, nothing done about the constantly decreasing role of christianity in the country, and the ever increasing illegal population. Point that out to the GOP base constantly as a sign the GOP can't be trusted to keep their promises.

You are on the money in that first paragraph for sure.

Well, you're from the John Kerry wing of the party (left wing), so your opinion on this matter doesn't count.

Anybody to the left of Joe Lieberman is a "liberal" to the Republican party and their supporters.

As to the Tim Kaine sig, he must not have been TOO crazy to get elected in still-Republican Virginia, right?

It is time for me to update my sig, though. Thanks for reminding me.

Well, you're from the John Kerry wing of the party (left wing), so your opinion on this matter doesn't count.

The only reason you say my opinion doesn't count it because you can't face reality. You dismiss everything I say, because you can't face the facts presented before you. Well, ignoring the 2000 lb. gorilla on your back gets you nowhere in life. . . but that is just the way some people chose to live their life I guess.

The only reason you say my opinion doesn't count it because you can't face reality. You dismiss everything I say, because you can't face the facts presented before you. Well, ignoring the 2000 lb. gorilla on your back gets you nowhere in life. . . but that is just the way some people chose to live their life I guess.

I know one thing - if there are facts in my face, they sure ain't coming from you.

I know one thing - if there are facts in my face, they sure ain't coming from you.

OK Nelms, why did the president not let Congress or the Senate see the September 21st PDB?

That is the first question: Why did Bush not give the information to Congress and the Senate contained in the Sept. 21st, PDB?

You can start to show how you face up to facts right here an now.

Archived