Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OMG...if the Eagles could beat the Giants...

FunBunch7

Can you just imagine that?

Giants 8-5 after loss to Eagles

Redskins 7-6 after beating AZ

Cwoboys 7-6 after losing to KC

Eagles 6-7 after giving us early x-mas present

THEN week 15

Giants 8-6 after losing to KC

Redskins 8-6 after beating Dallas

Dallas 7-7 after lising at Fed Ex

THEN week 16

Giants at Redskins for NFC EAST TITLE...if we beat them the following week in Philly will not be needed. Yhe Giants would suffer their 3rd division loss and we would only have 1.

Okay, so this is a "best case" scenario. I know the way Philly played monday night makes this look pretty far fetched...but the Giants are coming off an emotional win vs Dallas and NFL teams very rarely put up back to back flops. The Giants HAVE still struggled on the road under Eli...their only win coming at SF a few weeks ago. The Giants are by way better then the Eagles, but this IS the NFL and there have been a few analysts who are predicting a possible upset. Dan Patrick? Some guest on Collin Cowherd's show?

Now that is one sweet scenario. And Philly might be up to the task. Their pride is hurt a bit, so maybe they'll take a stand and salvage some dignity out of their season.

But it's always tough, and often heartbreaking, having to count on another team to help us out. Speaking of which, we really need Carolina to beat Tampa Bay Sunday.

I would laugh my ass off. I know some Giant fans who consider their team a lock for the playoffs after they beat Dallas. Losing to Philly would put them back in their place and be really really funny.

That said...no chance in hell...Philly isn't fielding an NFL offense currently.

How's Philly D doing? Do they still ahve that Dawkins fella? Any significan injuries? They did hold Alexander to 49 yards and Hasslebeck to 98.

Then again, their O gave up 3 defensive TDs.

Do they have any running backs left? Sounds like a good gameplan for Philly would be to snap the ball directly to RB and runrunrun. This is a divisional game, anything can happen. Philly has a chance as long as they play very tough D and do not let any of their QBs on the field ;)

The Giants don't have to lose to the Eagles for that game to be for the NFC East title. They only need to lose to KC. If we win out we finish at 10-6 with a record of 5-1 in the division. If the Giants lose to us and the Chiefs they'd also finish 10-6 but with a 4-2 record in the division thus the tie breaker would go our way. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles beat the Giants!

That would be a nice christmas gift unfortunately don't believe that will happen , I think the Eagles will put up a fight but they just do not have the horses right now to pull a upset of that kind. I like the chances of the Cheifs beating the Cowpokes more so, then the Eagles beating the Giants.

The Giants don't have to lose to the Eagles for that game to be for the NFC East title. They only need to lose to KC. If we win out we finish at 10-6 with a record of 5-1 in the division. If the Giants lose to us and the Chiefs they'd also finish 10-6 but with a 4-2 record in the division thus the tie breaker would go our way. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles beat the Giants!

Um, yes they would...according to the scenario of this thread, the NFC East could be wrapped up by the Skins in week 16 regardless of what happens in week 17. In your scenario the division champion wouldn't be determined until week 17.

After they lost Westbrook, they lost any chance to beat the Giants.

I agree. I dont see them having much luck against anyone the rest of this year. Their team is a mess. Giants better take them serious though because you know their pissed after getting embaressed at home. I'd give the eagles a 5% chance of winning that game. They would have to be error free on offence and their defense would have to score the majority of their points...Not impossible, but highly unlikely :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

After they lost Westbrook, they lost any chance to beat the Giants.

I wouldn't quite say that, since Sproles still looks pretty dangerous, even if he isn't quite ready for prime time. Gordon was a pretty decent pickup for Philly as well. If they can run the ball, Coy can manage a game, and they can steal one from the G-Men. (Edit: just saw that McMahon is starting again... :doh: )

The bigger problem for them is that they are pretty beat up right now. It sounds like they are replacing their starters at DT. Not good.

Jason

Can you just imagine that?

Giants 8-5 after loss to Eagles

Redskins 7-6 after beating AZ

Cwoboys 7-6 after losing to KC

Eagles 6-7 after giving us early x-mas present

THEN week 15

Giants 8-6 after losing to KC

Redskins 8-6 after beating Dallas

Dallas 7-7 after lising at Fed Ex

THEN week 16

Giants at Redskins for NFC EAST TITLE...if we beat them the following week in Philly will not be needed. Yhe Giants would suffer their 3rd division loss and we would only have 1.

Okay, so this is a "best case" scenario. I know the way Philly played monday night makes this look pretty far fetched...but the Giants are coming off an emotional win vs Dallas and NFL teams very rarely put up back to back flops. The Giants HAVE still struggled on the road under Eli...their only win coming at SF a few weeks ago. The Giants are by way better then the Eagles, but this IS the NFL and there have been a few analysts who are predicting a possible upset. Dan Patrick? Some guest on Collin Cowherd's show?

:notworthy PLease, Lord, Please let this scenario come true. :halo:

Archived