Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AM 1460 Jacksonville

jaxskins

On my way to work this morning Mark Brunell made a call into the sports show where Pete Prisco and Tony Boselli were filling in for Frank Frangie. Mark went on to say how he was having trouble driving in the snow and was worried he was gonna wreck while talkin on the phone.

Prisco went on to ask him about his comments he made about the Redskins having the best Wide reciever crew he ever played for. Mark went on to say that he had 2 great recievers here in Jacksonville with Smith and McCardell but said as a whole he feels that his recieving crew in Washington is the best as a core group where as in Jacksonvile he only had 2 recievers he felt were good enough and said he stood by his comment.

Prisco also was telling Mark to look out for Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals and Mark kept saying who? They also went on to ask Mark what thier game plan was for the game and if they were planning on opening up the offense. Mark said they plan on a balanced attack and will do pretty much the same thing they have been doing all year by pounding the football and controlling the game.

Mark feels Washington is a really good team and felt we were just a few mistakes from being a 11-1 team. He feels confident in the teams proggress and felt Taylor Jacobs had a great week and practice and will be a star in this league in no time. He feels Jacobs just needs to be on the field more and things will begin to click for him.

Mark also teased Prisco saying he had a man crush on Peyton Manning as well.

Not a chance....in general Florida Gator recievers are always busts....

That's just the consensus... thats not what you came up with on your own. The same is said about Penn state running backs, but look at Larry Johnson. Jacobs is a Redskin now and his days at UF mean nothing. It's not like he's been on the field and consistently blowing chances. Only then can you bring the Florida comment into question. His issue is being out there, that has nothing to do with talent. The frustration is well warranted, but I think sometimes the whole Florida enigma is hyped too much.

That's just the consensus... thats not what you came up with on your own. The same is said about Penn state running backs, but look at Larry Johnson. Jacobs is a Redskin now and his days at UF mean nothing. It's not like he's been on the field and consistently blowing chances. Only then can you bring the Florida comment into question. His issue is being out there, that has nothing to do with talent. The frustration is well warranted, but I think sometimes the whole Florida enigma is hyped too much.
Yep, and there's a WR named Darrell Jackson in Seattle who might take issue with that kind of statement as well.

The truth is that Jacobs has seen the field so little as of yet that we still don't know what he can do. He seems like a quiet guy who may need time to settle in and get his bearings rather than a loud, boisterous, overconfident type like Chad Johnson who jumps in feet first. I'm going to trust Gibbs and Brunell on this one.

I can understand what Brunell is saying about the "core" working better than the 2 pro bowlers he had in Jacksonville. But hey if I had to chose between 2 WR as good as Keenan Mc Kardell and Jimmy Smith or a "core" of receivers working well with each other but not showing it in games. I'd have to chose the 2 pro bowlers. Jimmy and Keenan put up some great numbers when they were going to the playoffs every year in Jacksonville. If one had a bad day the other would step it up. With our "core" of receivers, if Moss is having a bad day then the entire core is having a bad day.. I cant agree with Brunell, but I understand because he has experienced both scenarios everyday in practice and games. So maybe he can see the true potential in TJ, Moss, and Patten as opposed to his pro bowl tandum in Jax. Right now, Moss is "The Core"

I can understand what Brunell is saying about the "core" working better than the 2 pro bowlers he had in Jacksonville. But hey if I had to chose between 2 WR as good as Keenan Mc Kardell and Jimmy Smith or a "core" of receivers working well with each other but not showing it in games. I'd have to chose the 2 pro bowlers. Jimmy and Keenan put up some great numbers when they were going to the playoffs every year in Jacksonville. If one had a bad day the other would step it up. With our "core" of receivers, if Moss is having a bad day then the entire core is having a bad day.. I cant agree with Brunell, but I understand because he has experienced both scenarios everyday in practice and games. So maybe he can see the true potential in TJ, Moss, and Patten as opposed to his pro bowl tandum in Jax. Right now, Moss is "The Core"

I can't disagree with you there.

Yep, and there's a WR named Darrell Jackson in Seattle who might take issue with that kind of statement as well.

The truth is that Jacobs has seen the field so little as of yet that we still don't know what he can do. He seems like a quiet guy who may need time to settle in and get his bearings rather than a loud, boisterous, overconfident type like Chad Johnson who jumps in feet first. I'm going to trust Gibbs and Brunell on this one.

Maybe TJ would see more playing time if he were to stay a little more healthy or become more durable. I think every year so far he's had some type of injury (serious or not) that enables him to miss games.

For that reason alone we probably would've never went out and got a Patten. Maybe a #3 type of guy but not Patten.

On my way to work this morning Mark Brunell made a call into the sports show where Pete Prisco and Tony Boselli were filling in for Frank Frangie. Mark went on to say how he was having trouble driving in the snow and was worried he was gonna wreck while talkin on the phone.

Prisco went on to ask him about his comments he made about the Redskins having the best Wide reciever crew he ever played for. Mark went on to say that he had 2 great recievers here in Jacksonville with Smith and McCardell but said as a whole he feels that his recieving crew in Washington is the best as a core group where as in Jacksonvile he only had 2 recievers he felt were good enough and said he stood by his comment.

Prisco also was telling Mark to look out for Adrian Wilson of the Cardinals and Mark kept saying who? They also went on to ask Mark what thier game plan was for the game and if they were planning on opening up the offense. Mark said they plan on a balanced attack and will do pretty much the same thing they have been doing all year by pounding the football and controlling the game.

Mark feels Washington is a really good team and felt we were just a few mistakes from being a 11-1 team. He feels confident in the teams proggress and felt Taylor Jacobs had a great week and practice and will be a star in this league in no time. He feels Jacobs just needs to be on the field more and things will begin to click for him.

Mark also teased Prisco saying he had a man crush on Peyton Manning as well.

Hey did Brunell make a prediction on the Jaguars / Colts game this week?

Jacobs needs to be stay healthy, that's on him and his conditioning.... but I also think he needs to see the ball more. If you're trying to get him more comfortable in the offense and allow him to adapt the speed of the NFL defenses..... .I think you've got to try to get him the ball with high percentage passes and essentially get his head in the game. Allow him to catch a few and get comfortable and feel like he's part of the offense... and he may very well breakout into a solid NFL receiver.

Hey did Brunell make a prediction on the Jaguars / Colts game this week?

Actually he didnt even know they were playing each otheruntil they told him. So he never made a prediction on the game he just said pretty much good luck to them and found it pretty amazing the stadium was sold out.

Archived