Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Portis Does a Lot More Than Run

Titaw

This shows how valuable CP is to this team.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/08/AR2005120801877.html

"He's a mean dude," Joe Bugel, assistant head coach-offense, said of Portis. "He'll attack you. You don't have to worry about him holding the flank and blocking for our receivers. I'll tell you what, he's the best without the football we've had. When he doesn't have the ball, he's a raving maniac, and you don't see that too much in the NFL."

Offensive coordinator Don Breaux said: "I've never been around a tougher person as a running back, and he does things no other backs in this league do. He's an excellent blocker, and he doesn't try to size up who he's going to hit, believe me. He doesn't just pick on DBs [defensive backs], he goes after anybody."

Jus my 2 little snippets that I found quite awesome.

Yeah I agree with both of them. Though he isn't DOMINATING like he was in Denver, hes trying to make-do with the kind of offense we run, and he looks a LOT better with it this year than he did last year. This guy is all over the place, and the whole time he's on the feild you can see that he is having fun. I love his enthusiasm when good things happen, like the cartwheels in the endzone--and I think he does a lot to boost the team morale, both on and off the feild. I like the guy's attitude, he never gives up, he wants us to win real bad, and he just loves the game.

I also think he enjoys being on this team. He really didn't do the character thing in Denver. He only did the Championship belt thing (which I think he should bust out in the Dallas game, if he does well). I have noticed his blocking ability and his other contributions this year. I am just glad that he is getting notice for the intangables.

Archived