Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Time Heisman Busts

Hail_Skinz

That article is kind of dumb. It's pretty harsh to list Jason White as the biggest bust ever. Both of his knees are shot, and it's amazing he played QB in college to begin with. No one expected him to play in the NFL (including him). Spurrier spent 10 years in the NFL, and he's one of the biggest busts ever? That's pretty stupid, too. He was a back-up behind John Brodie most of the time, there's no shame in that. They don't mention Charlie Ward, who never went into the NFL and played for the Knicks instead. And they also leave out Charles White, who was amazing at USC, but pretty lousy in the NFL.

U can't list a Super Bowl MVP as a bust. Period. So Desmond gets a pass

- As for the rest of the list, yea...a little too hard on Mr. White.

-- Salaam should have been higher.

--Too early to list Ron Dayne as a bust -- just ask the cowboys. Seriously, don't be surprised if he has some success in Denver.

-- Andre Ware was HORRIBLE -- he probably should have topped the list

--Doesn't Archie Griffin get bonus points for winning TWO heismans and still stinkin it up in the pros?

Just because he picked his best game to be on the biggest stage he gets a pass?

Yup -- automatically. Here's a scenario for ya. Guy #1 has 1000 yds receiving 6 times in his NFL career of 10yrs. Guy #2 has 1000yds TOTAL in his career BUT won a Super Bowl MVP trophy?.................Gotta tell ya, I'm not so sure that I wouldn't want to be guy #2

:2cents:

Just because he picked his best game to be on the biggest stage he gets a pass?

Here's another one for ya........who is the more famous Redskin.....Terry Allen or Timmy Smith? I'll bet if you asked 10 people on the street at least half would say Smith. Did his career stats come close to Terry Allen's? No Way! Terry Allen played more games AFTER both his knees were replaced than Timmy Smith played.....ever. BUT, he showed up one day in 1987, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Yup -- automatically. Here's a scenario for ya. Guy #1 has 1000 yds receiving 6 times in his NFL career of 10yrs. Guy #2 has 1000yds TOTAL in his career BUT won a Super Bowl MVP trophy?.................Gotta tell ya, I'm not so sure that I wouldn't want to be guy #2

:2cents:

And be known as the wackest guy with a ring. I guess "with a ring" is the key to that whole conversation.

Desmond > Brett and Reggie :laugh:

I guess my biggest problem with the list is that they don't balance the players' pro careers with when they were taken in the draft. The higher up in the draft you are taken, the more potential for you to be a bust. So you can't consider Jason White a bust at all, because he wasn't even drafted. The Titans invited him to camp out of courtesy, but he was never going to play in the NFL. There's a big difference between being the best college offensive player and having NFL potential. Eric Crouch was a freaking running back who played QB for a team who ran the option. Obviously, his NFL potential was on the low side. He was a third round draft pick; lots of third round draft picks have lousy careers.

Archived