Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Merry Christmas Mike Mussina

portisizzle

Please help us out....what are you talking about?

Mr. Mussina is a well paid athlete. He is set for life.

But life is not all about money. In fact, in your final hours of life on Earth my guess is money will the last thing on your mind.

Well the same goes for Mike Mussina. Mike left Baltimore to score his World Championship. I would consider Mike Mussina enemy number #1 in Baltimore if it were not for the Irsay's moving a football franchise out in the middle of the night. But I digress...

When Mike is grandpa Mike, he will get to say to his kids "Kids grandpa was a great major league pitcher. I played for the New York Yankees."

"Grandpa! Grandpa! The same New York Yankees that won 26 world championships?!?! Wow, show me your rings!!!!!!"

"Well children, grandpa did not win any rings in New York..... In fact I was the teams ace for years and choked like a chimp eating wilted spinach. In fact I left my beloved fans from Baltimore to get the grab bag and it never paid off. I am r-e {sniff, sniff} all-y sorr-------"

"Well grandpa, you suck. Where is the Playstation 12? And you better have all the games!!!!!"

I sleep well as night knowing that this loser will remembered FOR NOTHING. And his rookie card will be worth .12 cents in 10 years.

Mr. Mussina is a well paid athlete. He is set for life.

But life is not all about money. In fact, in your final hours of life on Earth my guess is money will the last thing on your mind.

Well the same goes for Mike Mussina. Mike left Baltimore to score his World Championship. I would consider Mike Mussina enemy number #1 in Baltimore if it were not for the Irsay's moving a football franchise out in the middle of the night. But I digress...

When Mike is grandpa Mike, he will get to say to his kids "Kids grandpa was a great major league pitcher. I played for the New York Yankees."

"Grandpa! Grandpa! The same New York Yankees that won 26 world championships?!?! Wow, show me your rings!!!!!!"

"Well children, grandpa did not win any rings in New York..... In fact I was the teams ace for years and choked like a chimp eating wilted spinach. In fact I left my beloved fans from Baltimore to get the grab bag and it never paid off. I am r-e {sniff, sniff} all-y sorr-------"

"Well grandpa, you suck. Where is the Playstation 12? And you better have all the games!!!!!"

I sleep well as night knowing that this loser will remembered FOR NOTHING. And his rookie card will be worth .12 cents in 10 years.

Two problems here...

1. in your post you say yourself that Mussina went to NY to win a championship. Did he do it for money or to win?

2. by the time Mike has grandkids the Yankees will have more than 26 championships (though he will still have 0) :D

Two problems here...

1. in your post you say yourself that Mussina went to NY to win a championship. Did he do it for money or to win?

2. by the time Mike has grandkids the Yankees will have more than 26 championships (though he will still have 0) :D

NO, this was not about the money. The man was set for life BEFORE he took his contract to play for the Yankees. This was about selling his soul to win some pro bling. **** Mussina.

What I love most is the fact that this **** is on thin ice with the Yankee fans. They know what they got in Mussina, and it was NOT what they thought they were getting. I say the man gets booed out of New York THIS YEAR.

That is what I am talking about....

I don't like Mussina either, but leaving the O's was probably the best move he ever made (I hate the Yankees and I hope they never win another championship in my lifetime :mad: ). But it is funny that the former "Ace" of the O's is now the weak link in the Yankees rotation. He could have stayed and been the next Jim Palmer to the O's fans.........

The O's basically suck.....Angelos is the worst owner I have ever saw who goes out of his way to sign washed up former talent (Sosa, Belle) and yet prevent his GM's from getting good pitching talent here.

Of course he's all for signing DUI Ponson.....I'm suprised he didn't try to keep Palmero or Sosa here (it will fill the seats.....)

Frankly, I think Angelos likes the O's losing b/c he'll continue to have Camden Yards filled with Yankee, Red Sox and any other team's fan that want to travel to Baltimore.

The O's will never go above .500 as long as Angelos is the owner.

I feel bad for the real talent that is stuck in Baltimore, Tejada for one.

I don't like Mussina either, but leaving the O's was probably the best move he ever made (I hate the Yankees and I hope they never win another championship in my lifetime :mad: ). But it is funny that the former "Ace" of the O's is now the weak link in the Yankees rotation. He could have stayed and been the next Jim Palmer to the O's fans.........

The O's basically suck.....Angelos is the worst owner I have ever saw who goes out of his way to sign washed up former talent (Sosa, Belle) and yet prevent his GM's from getting good pitching talent here.

Of course he's all for signing DUI Ponson.....I'm suprised he didn't try to keep Palmero or Sosa here (it will fill the seats.....)

Frankly, I think Angelos likes the O's losing b/c he'll continue to have Camden Yards filled with Yankee, Red Sox and any other team's fan that want to travel to Baltimore.

The O's will never go above .500 as long as Angelos is the owner.

I feel bad for the real talent that is stuck in Baltimore, Tejada for one.

THANKS for the buzzkill. :laugh:

Even though the Yankees have not won a World Series in half a decade, atleast we have been in the playoffs. When is the last time an O's fan could realistically think of world series possibilities. Oh we hear the same propaganda every year about how great they are on offense, and then they collaspe in the summer like the suckers they are. Don't hate Mussina for seeing the writing on the wall(and the lack of it on his paycheck), hate Angelos for pouring a potentially great future for the Orioles straight down the toilet. Angelos doesn't care about winning, just the almighty bottom line. The Yankees on the other hand have an owner who lost $$$ this year in order to put a winning product on the field. That's the difference between the O's and the Yankees; An owner who sincerely wishes to win on the baseball field, not at the box office.

Even though the Yankees have not won a World Series in half a decade, atleast we have been in the playoffs. When is the last time an O's fan could realistically think of world series possibilities. Oh we hear the same propaganda every year about how great they are on offense, and then they collaspe in the summer like the suckers they are. Don't hate Mussina for seeing the writing on the wall(and the lack of it on his paycheck), hate Angelos for pouring a potentially great future for the Orioles straight down the toilet. Angelos doesn't care about winning, just the almighty bottom line. The Yankees on the other hand have an owner who lost $$$ this year in order to put a winning product on the field. That's the difference between the O's and the Yankees; An owner who sincerely wishes to win on the baseball field, not at the box office.

Thanks for the buzzkill. :mad:

Don't forget the punk never won 20 games either......

13-8 with a 4.45 ERA..............is that worth $19 million for a year????????

He was my favorite when he was an Oriole but when he whored himself out to our biggest rival.......he became a punk in my book. And I will never pass up a chance to root against him.

Don't forget the punk never won 20 games either......

13-8 with a 4.45 ERA..............is that worth $19 million for a year????????

He was my favorite when he was an Oriole but when he whored himself out to our biggest rival.......he became a punk in my book. And I will never pass up a chance to root against him.

man, if your current employer offered you a contract for lets say $13mil(or whatever Angelos offered) and then the next company offers you $19, you're saying you'd turn it down?.

Try 1996 and 1997.

Angelos sucks, this is true. You're not being original by telling every baseball fan something they already know.

Mussina still hasn't won a world series. He also hasn't been as good of a pitcher as he was in Baltimore.

The Yankees are everything that is wrong with baseball. Their TV revenue is over double what almost every other team makes total. That is the problem with baseball, no revenue sharing, and it is why the Yankees and Sox will constantly be fighting for first, with the occasional great season by the O's of Blue Jays.

THe problem is the margin for error is so, so thin for evenn mid-market teams like the O's, whereas the Yanks can miss on any number of players and not have it effect them. (Kevin Briwn, Jiambi, Mussina, Contrares etc). The O's were buried by one contract for years (Albert Bell) and they never had the resources to eat the loss. It effected them in many other areas of the team, whereas if he was on the Yanks, he would have just been an aging $12million liability. . . like half of their roster.

Archived