Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs and Rogers: I hope you are seeing the disrespect

LiveStrongSkins

:laugh:

The thread is about Carlos Rogers and Shawn Springs... not Walt Harris.

'zoony is loony'... good stuff.

Dam guys I realized I wasn't clear in my first post, but consider the context... dam I'm not that bad. :doh:

Hey, I was on the same page. Rogers & Springs have NOT been abused thatmuch this year. Now, Walt Harris on the other hand...

I think that had a little more to do with a rookie from Harvard starting against us than it did our secondary. Jesus, Springs had two passes bounce off his back.

Actually, to be more accurate, the second pass bounced off of Marcus Washington, not Springs. ;)

Griffin is going to be a huge help to our secondary this week

I do not think the o-line of the Cardinals will be able to block him and Warner will not get enough time to throw up jump balls to Fitz and Boldin

If he does get time though, look out, because both these cats can play real well

Exactly:cheers:

covering those receivers is one thing. Dominating that turnstyle oline is a different story. How are Fitz and Boldin gonna get the ball with Warner on his back most of the game?

Who was guarding these guys most of the time?

Unfortunately, most of the yards those receivers got on us was while they were being "covered" by Walt Harris. They could put Ramsey out there & he could probably cover better then Walt at this point. :doh:

Unfortunately, most of the yards those receivers got on us was while they were being "covered" by Walt Harris. They could put Ramsey out there & he could probably cover better then Walt at this point. :doh:

Actually in Galloway's case I remember Springs getting flat out owned...he didn't lay a hand on him coming off the line usually...and often released him way too early to the saftey.

This btw is the problem, the Skins secondary as a whole has shown it can be exploited...any time you get Jerry Porter & Galloway locked up with Lemar Marshall there's been a critical breakdown somewhere.

And this is precisely why, Fitzgerald & Boldin are good fantasy plays this week. Springs & Rogers won't be the only factors in whether they succeed, it will be the whole secondary...the whole scheme. Warner will test the secondary enough with these two WR's to beat us a few times...

Motivate all you want, win the game...but I don't think you're shutting down Fitzgerald or Boldin completely.

Actually in Galloway's case I remember Springs getting flat out owned...he didn't lay a hand on him coming off the line usually...and often released him way too early to the saftey.

This btw is the problem, the Skins secondary as a whole has shown it can be exploited...any time you get Jerry Porter & Galloway locked up with Lemar Marshall there's been a critical breakdown somewhere.

And this is precisely why, Fitzgerald & Boldin are good fantasy plays this week. Springs & Rogers won't be the only factors in whether they succeed, it will be the whole secondary...the whole scheme. Warner will test the secondary enough with these two WR's to beat us a few times...

Motivate all you want, win the game...but I don't think you're shutting down Fitzgerald or Boldin completely.

That play was more of a mixup in coverage than it was Springs getting owned. Springs thought a zone coverage was called.

That play was more of a mixup in coverage than it was Springs getting owned. Springs thought a zone coverage was called.

On that one play yes, which is what I meant by "releasing to the safety too early", but there were a few other times, when Springs didn't think it necessary to even touch Galloway coming off the line. Galloway owned the whole secondary that day..and that's my point...Springs thinks it's zone..it isn't...something like that is all it takes for Boldin or Fitz to go off.

The odds tell you taht if the Cards put it up enough...they will break something off.

That's what it is mostly... but do you think they would be "fantasy locks" against t he Bears? I just think Rogers and Springs can open alot of eyes this weekend.
Thats a good point. They definently wouldn't be "locks" against a team like the Bears.

Rogers against Fitz will be a great match-up on the jump-balls. I don't know if we can limit Boldin if he catches the ball in stride. Guys impossible to tackle.

That's what it is mostly... but do you think they would be "fantasy locks" against t he Bears? I just think Rogers and Springs can open alot of eyes this weekend.

The Bears bring pressure with their front four! We do not, haven't , won't, can't, for whatever reason. So there really is not comparing the two defenses.You could put the best corners in the league out their one on one with these two guys and the ball is bound to land in their hands a few times.

Am I the only one here disappointed in our defense pressuring the QB? That explains alot of things when it comes to our DBs giving up big plays. Simple as that if you ask me.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Archived