Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is Sally's article in the Post?

nneece

It was an unimpressive win against a team decimated with injuries, no OL, no coach, no defense, no hope, and a rookie making the first ever pro appearnace for quarterbacks from his school in like 100 years. Not to mention St. Louis fans liken a football game to a study room in a law library. To even call it a road game is a stretch.

So what exactly is she going to write about?

Wanna start getting cred? Beat Dallas (convincingly this time) in a game that actually means something.

Dig?

The question has already been raised this week. Let's try and keep this thread a little cleaner than the last one, ok?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130872&highlight=sally

Exactly,

Don't need to take joking potshots or call her names that nobody can read b/c of astericks (example **** :) ).

Unless you're a fan of hearing how bad the Redskins are, how overpaid and underachieveing are our players, how the coaching staff is washed up, how snyder is a little, greedy troll and the worst owner ever and how the fans are crude, stupid hillbillies who are dumb enough to completely empty their wallets to watch a terrible franchise lose.......then you don't need to read her articles.

Heck, that also goes for a few of the posters here at ES as well (sadly).

Just don't read it if your looking for something good about the Redskins (same for Lenny P. ESPN articles).

For our opponents......however, great read but don't believe the hype.

It was an unimpressive win against a team decimated with injuries, no OL, no coach, no defense, no hope, and a rookie making the first ever pro appearnace for quarterbacks from his school in like 100 years. Not to mention St. Louis fans liken a football game to a study room in a law library. To even call it a road game is a stretch.

Wanna start getting cred? Beat Dallas (convincingly this time) in a game that actually means something.

Dig?

Thanks for the advice Sally.

Dig?

You mean like all of those convincing Cowboys wins (both of them - one being against the Cardinals)? The Cowboys squeaked by a great 49er team.

No, we deserve cred if we beat Arizona and beat Dallas. "Convincingly" isn't necessary in today's NFL. It just doesn't happen all that often anymore.

Dig?

I was convinced that Redskins won and Dallas lost. So was the NFL because they gave the Skins a “W” and the Cowboys an “L”.

Need more convincing? Let’s review the tape … (Insert tape of Moss torching … “All Pro” Roy Williams … convincingly … twice!!!)

Have you ever heard of the phrase “Fool me once shame on you … fool me twice shame on me”. Roy = Fool

Dig?

:rolleyes: Get a clue will you, like the Cowboys has dominated teams please get a grip..

You mean like all of those convincing Cowboys wins (both of them - one being against the Cardinals)? The Cowboys squeaked by a great 49er team.

No, we deserve cred if we beat Arizona and beat Dallas. "Convincingly" isn't necessary in today's NFL. It just doesn't happen all that often anymore.

Perfect example of a Dallas fan only around to talk smack because the boys have a decent record. Dallas WILL lose twice the the Redskins this year.

When they do, I'll be CONVINCED that we swept them.

:rolleyes: Get a clue will you, like the Cowboys has dominated teams please get a grip..

Didn't know Sally wrote about the Cowboys.

What a lot of you complain about, and at the same time alot of you fail to realize, is that so few writers ever have anything nice to say about redskins because there hasn't exactly been a whole lot over the past decade and a half to be all that complementary about.

The key is to start winning more than 6 or 7 games a year, beating divisional opponents, and (*gasp*) actually making the playoffs. So far, you've accomplished 1 of those 3, but even that one will be for not if you can't beat us again on Dec 18. And I think it's safe to assume Moss will be double and triple covered in that game, which would leave your passing attack up to some WR who would have trouble cracking the roster at USC.

However, if you manage to beat Arizona, and then somehow beat both Dallas and New York...THEN -- and only then -- should you start to expect more of these "respect" articles your hoping to see.

Until the time of such passing, however, from a journalist's perspective who's got his/her feet planted firmly on terra ferma, the redskins for now are still just the same old redskins.

What a lot of you complain about, and at the same time alot of you fail to realize, is that so few writers ever have anything nice to say about redskins because there hasn't exactly been a whole lot over the past decade and a half to be all that complementary about.

The key is to start winning more than 6 or 7 games a year, beating divisional opponents, and (*gasp*) actually making the playoffs. So far, you've accomplished 1 of those 3, but even that one will be for not if you can't beat us again on Dec 18. And I think it's safe to assume Moss will be double and triple covered in that game, which would leave your passing attack up to some WR who would have trouble cracking the roster at USC.

However, if you manage to beat Arizona, and then somehow beat both Dallas and New York...THEN -- and only then -- should you start to expect more of these "respect" articles your hoping to see.

Until the time of such passing, however, from a journalist's perspective who's got his/her feet planted firmly on terra ferma, the redskins for now are still just the same old redskins.

Gee, thanks for the enlightenment sparky. :rolleyes:

What's next, 5 paragraphs about how the Colts are a good team? :laugh:

Gee, thanks for the enlightenment sparky. :rolleyes:

What's next, 5 paragraphs about how the Colts are a good team? :laugh:

Well strangely enough, it seems as though plenty around here don't know those basic facts, otherwise this whole bewildering bewilderment over why the redskins receive less than toe-tickling press coverage would never rear its funny shaped head.

So enlightening the masses I am, it would appear. ;)

And I think it's safe to assume Moss will be double and triple covered in that game, which would leave your passing attack up to some WR who would have trouble cracking the roster at USC.

Yeah, doubling Moss worked wonders for the Cowboys last time. ;)

Hmm, so now we have to "somehow" beat both Dallas and New York, you've backed off of the controversial (and asinine) "convincing" part of beating Dallas. Progress.

Disturbingly, though, you identify criteria that you then ignore. If we beat Arizona and Dallas *or* New York, we'll have greater than 7 wins, and we'll have won at least half of our division games (more than half if you think we'll beat the Eagles at the end of the year, and I tend to think we will, but nothing is a gimme). That would lead us to achieving 2 out of your 3 criteria for respect, with playoffs being the only thing we'll miss out on, and that, just barely.

Instead, though, you now change the tune of your previous post and say we have to beat Arizona, Dallas, and New York to gain respect even though beating either Dallas or New York would satisfy a majority of your criteria to gain respect.

Oh well. I guess you can try again to sound like you know something.

(Not sure if anyone is listening anymore though)

Dig?

No I don't dig! you stay the ...off this site. Dallas lost in the last 5minutes and last year they beat us in the last minute so who's better! UDig or whatever that means oh, but you're a Dallas fan so wonder! And make sure you come up on the net when we crush ya'll ....in the mean time go see how your cell mates the Cowboys are doing especially the crack head! Loser! And read this troll!:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:blahblah: :blahblah: Hmm, so now we have to "somehow" beat both Dallas and New York, you've backed off of the controversial (and asinine) "convincing" part of beating Dallas. Progress.

Disturbingly, though, you identify criteria that you then ignore. If we beat Arizona and Dallas *or* New York, we'll have greater than 7 wins, and we'll have won at least half of our division games (more than half if you think we'll beat the Eagles at the end of the year, and I tend to think we will, but nothing is a gimme). That would lead us to achieving 2 out of your 3 criteria for respect, with playoffs being the only thing we'll miss out on, and that, just barely.

Instead, though, you now change the tune of your previous post and say we have to beat Arizona, Dallas, and New York to gain respect even though beating either Dallas or New York would satisfy a majority of your criteria to gain respect.

Oh well. I guess you can try again to sound like you know something.

(Not sure if anyone is listening anymore though) :blahblah: :blahblah:

:rubeyes:

huh?

No wait, let me try and decode that again...

:rubeyes: :whoknows:

Nope, I give up. I can't figure out what the jelly you just said.

Here, let me dumber it down fer yee...

1. Win more than 7 games.

Are you with me so far?

2. Beat your divisional opponents.

Still there? :hump: Good!

3. Make the playoffs.

Now, that's one, two, three....THREE things (cue the Count from sesame street and his thunder inducing laugh -- Ah-Ah-Ah!)

You want writers to start respecting and stop dissing your team? Do all three of those things. Not 1. Not 1 and 2. Not 2 and a half. All three.

Now, can we all agree that until the skins accomplish said things, we cease and desist with this "Why don't nobody write nothing good about us?? Can't they see we the best 6-6 team in the league? Where's the love?" crapola?

This has been a public service schooling from your friendly, visiting, and totally cool Cowboy fan.

:moon:

:rubeyes:

huh?

No wait, let me try and decode that again...

:rubeyes: :whoknows:

Nope, I give up. I can't figure out what the jelly you just said.

Here, let me dumber it down fer yee...

1. Win more than 7 games.

Are you with me so far?

2. Beat your divisional opponents.

Still there? :hump: Good!

3. Make the playoffs.

Now, that's one, two, three....THREE things (cue the Count from sesame street and his thunder inducing laugh -- Ah-Ah-Ah!)

You want writers to start respecting and stop dissing your team? Do all three of those things. Not 1. Not 1 and 2. Not 2 and a half. All three.

Now, can we all agree that until the skins accomplish said things, we cease and desist with this "Why don't nobody write nothing good about us?? Can't they see we the best 6-6 team in the league? Where's the love?" crapola?

This has been a public service schooling from your friendly, visiting, and totally cool Cowboy fan.

:moon:

Since your so cool, tell me what will happen if whats his name, oh Bleeding, goes down?

Archived