Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerry Collins

GiantsFanMan

What jersey should Fuji wear to the Redskins / Cardinals Game?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What jersey should Fuji wear to the Redskins / Cardinals Game?

• Monte Coleman #51
    • Art Monk #81
    • Charles Mann #71
    • Gary Clark #84

Everyone seems to say on this site that Cambell is another year away from being ready to start. Well if thats the case what do you fokes think of geting Kerry Collins? He throws the ball better then mark but he cant run for his life and will throw INTs if people start wacking him around. If hes protected however he can zip that ball all over the field. I cant say for sure but I would assume you can get him cheaper then brunell. I guess hes not really much of a improvement over Mark, but its late and something new to talk about at least lol.

If he cant get a starting job I hope Kerry becomes Eli back up.

Why would you even ask a question like this? Brunell will most likely be our starter again next year. I seriously doubt that even if Kerry Collins came in he could beat Mark out for the job.

Patrick will most likely not here next year. I would hope that we can at least get Campbell to a point where he could play backup if the need arises. then, we get some schmuck in here to play 3rd string. Maybe get Hasselbeck back in here or something.

Why would we even consider Kerry Collins?

This stuff keeps popping up!:doh: Does anyone realize that Mark Brunell signed a 7 year contract a year and a half ago?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/WAS/7103883

Nobody, not even Brunell himself, thinks he's gonna be here for even half of that contract...plus the years look like they're catching up to him. With the assumption that Ramsey's gone next year (I hope he's not, personally), it's not unreasonable to think about who would be a good addition at the QB spot since Brunell's age next year may make him less than what he is this year, and Campbell's development may not be at the stage it needs to be to continue the Skins' progress.

Collins will still be in Oakland. Even if he's not starting, he'll still be there as a back-up.

If Brunell gets hurt next year at some point, Gibbs will put Campbell in and get him some playing time. After a year of sitting only some playing time would advance Campbell's development at that point. Gibbs knows this. But this is only if Brunell gets hurt.

And Kerry Collins isn't going to be a 3rd string QB like he would be here.

after we trade Ramsey we can sign Tim Hasselbeck back.

Why? He has a higher int ratio, worse completetion percentage, and much lower rating than Ramsey? And hasn't played a real game in over two years (by the time FA starts).

We're supposed to be turning the corner and not accepting mediocrity.

Why? He has a higher int ratio, worse completetion percentage, and much lower rating than Ramsey? And hasn't played a real game in over two years (by the time FA starts).

We're supposed to be turning the corner and not accepting mediocrity.

But he DID have a huge part in that 36-0 thrashing in NJ :(

NO. NO. NO. NO. We don't need any more washed up, over paid "veterans". Keep Brunell until Campbell is ready. Period. NO. NO. NO. NO. Absolutely NOT!

Collins has always been washed up other than that halfway descent season in NY. I remember when Carolina drafted him I said I would have drafted Warren Sapp and just started Frank Reich at QB. Of course Collins did nothing but throw 19 ints and only 14 tds and 2 seasons later threw 21 ints and 11 tds. while Sapp had atleast a halfway decent career. There is no way I would want that guy on this team.

Archived