Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

interesting fact about clinton portis

Atown

Damn. I didn't know how young Clinton was. And how old Rogers is. Just going on how long they have been out of college.

they are both 24

i don't care what anyone says portis is a great back hes only 24 hes younger then julius Jones, Ronnie brown, and Tatum bell what more you want.

yeah i brought this up earlier in the year but no one seems to care about age, but rogers is really old for a rookie..look at his age compared to rolle's and pacman's, they are almost 3 years younger. I'm not too worried about it because Rogers looks like he is going to be real good.

yeah i brought this up earlier in the year but no one seems to care about age, but rogers is really old for a rookie..look at his age compared to rolle's and pacman's, they are almost 3 years younger. I'm not too worried about it because Rogers looks like he is going to be real good.

i think rolle is one year younger. this is the normal age to come out of college. but the really good ones come out early sometimes.

yeh, Taylor is also only 22 now, and Rogers 24. It is strange to think about. What sucks is even if McCune does pan out for us at MLB, he is already 26, a MLB that came out at 21 would have already had 5 years. Kinda sucks knowing your career may not be as long.

yeh, Taylor is also only 22 now, and Rogers 24. It is strange to think about. What sucks is even if McCune does pan out for us at MLB, he is already 26, a MLB that came out at 21 would have already had 5 years. Kinda sucks knowing your career may not be as long.

sometimes its good like we know carlos is a skins for life now he has a 6 year contract. when the contract is done hes 30

Portis is definitely on pace to break Smith's record. He just has to play into his 30's. Problem is, he takes one hell of a beating for this team... Not saying CP isn't durable, even the most durable back would have problems playing that long getting beat down for that long...

Carlos was a Redshirt his 1st year.

Lets just hope that if Portis is still here that he doesnt decide to retire at the age of 31 like Barry Sanders did, lets hope :fingersx:

You Know Barry is his idol, so he might. He's said he doesn't want to play a long time.

Portis seems to love the game. He loves the blocking, receiving of course the running. Hell, he even loves the media sessions. He is not the type of guy to give up the limelight willingly he's going to have to be carried out of the leagur al la the great Larry Brown. Hoepfully he will be healthy and play til he's 35. He is the ultimate Gibbs player IMO. He does all of the little things on the field, he is a little out there off of it, and never gets into the big trouble on or off.

Portis is definitely on pace to break Smith's record. He just has to play into his 30's. Problem is, he takes one hell of a beating for this team... Not saying CP isn't durable, even the most durable back would have problems playing that long getting beat down for that long...

Even the most durable backs break down around the age of 30. The ones that can continue normally do it in a limited capacity. There are very few exceptions (Martin, Payton, Sanders, Riggins, Bettis). If Portis is going to take this team anywhere, he'll have to do it in the next 5 years. Look at when some of the other great backs broke down:

Eddie George: 28

Marshall Faulk: 29

OJ Simpson: 28

Eric Dickerson: 29

Thurman Thomas: 30

Franco Harris: 29

Earl Campbell: 28

Archived