Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEEK FOURTEEN Picks, Pats, and Apologies

kleese

Last Week: 9-7

Season: 124-66

Link to last week's thread: http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130048

Last Week's Pats: Not much to choose from. I really went out on a limb last week with a bunch of upset picks, and came up empty other than getting Kansas City over Denver.

Last Week's Apologies: I apologize to the Giants every week, so that's hardly new. And yes Tom Giants Fan, I deserve :nana: from you :)

But the biggest apology goes something like this: When you pick a team to win and they lose 42-0, you lose a lot of credibility. So, although my overall record looks pretty good this year, I gotta say I'm sorry to Seattle for last week's projection. Yikes.

This week's Picks:

Chicago at Pittsburgh: I'm probably WAY too confident in this pick, but the Bears are bound to lose again and I don't see Pittsburgh crumbling completely just yet. Might be over earlier than people expect.

Steelers 17, Bears 9.

Cleveland at Cincinnati: I fully expect the Bengals to sleepwalk through this game after their emotional road win last week. Sleep away boys, because it won't make a difference.

Bengals 27, Browns 13.

Houston at Tennessee: Everyone assumes that Houston is preparing for the arrival of Reggie Bush-- and that may be true, but I'd simply list that with the other mistakes their awful GM has made during his tenure there. The Texans have a few weapons at the skill positions, but they are woeful along the lines of scrimmage and on defense overall.

Titans 23, Texans 17.

Indianapolis at Jacksonville: Maybe if the Jags had Leftwich they'd have a shot this week. But they don't.

Colts 20, Jaguars 16.

New England at Buffalo: The Patriots remind me SO much of the 1992 Redskins: Defending champs, totally banged up, hanging on for dear life week after week, still tough enough to make a run. I really want to pick the Bills here, but I wonder if their choke last week has left them drained? Ah, what the heck.

Bills 23, Patriots 20.

Oakland at New York Jets: Blech. Terrible game. I 100% believe USC has a superior offense to the Jets right now.

Raiders 19, Jets 13.

St. Louis at Minnesota: The Vikings WILL NOT make the playoffs. I repeat, the Vikings will NOT make the playoffs. They will eventually screw this up. But I saw the Rams ineptitude in person last week, and I just can't pick that team to win any game, much less a road game against a hot team.

Vikings 24, Rams 17.

Tampa Bay at Carolina: The Panthers sent a message to the rest of the AFC South last week-- just in case that memo didn't make it down to Tampa, Carolina will deliver it again.

Panthers 21, Bucs 14.

New York Giants at Philadelphia: Have I finally learned my lesson with the Giants? I think the Eagles will play it tough after getting embarrassed so badly last Monday Night, but they simply don't have the horses to win this game.

Giants 27, Eagles 19.

San Francisco at Seattle: The roll continues in the great Northwest....

Seahawks 31, 49ers 13.

Washington at Arizona: The Redskins showed me last week that they are still focused and motivated this year. They played like a team that still believed they were in the hunt. Chances are those three heart-wrenching losses will eventually catch up to the skins down the road, but they keep hope alive again this week. If they can cover the Arizona WR's, this game won't be close.

Redskins 23, Cardinals 16.

Baltimore at Denver: A virtual BYE week for the Broncos.

Broncos 30, Ravens 7.

Kansas City at Dallas: I'm actually ROOTING for Dallas this week. We control our own destiny versus them anyway, and I'd rather not play them on a three game losing streak. Also, if the Chiefs lose this one, their game at New York next week becomes MUCH more important for them. I think Dallas wins a squeeker.

Cowboys 24, Chiefs 21.

Miami at San Diego: I have a feeling the Dolphins might make this one a tad interesting. But just a "tad."

Chargers 28, Dolphins 17.

Detroit at Green Bay: Another stinker on Sunday night. Maybe there will be a blizzard?

Packers 20, Lions 17.

New Orleans at Atlanta: You never know when the Saints are going to show up and surprise the league. But with the Falcons reeling, I have a hard time seeing them dropping a primetime game at home against a bad team.

Falcons 33, Saints 17.

I know that I have been guilty of cheering for the Cowboys when they play Philly, but it makes absolutely no sense to root for the Cowboys to win this week. This whole psychological deal of "If the Cowboys lose, they'll be that much tougher for us to beat" or "If the Chiefs lose, they'll play that much harder against the Giants next week" is hogwash. A Dallas loss this week is advantageous for the Skins. Period.

I doubt it will make too much of a difference if we play Dallas with them on a three game losing street, I think it's a big enough rivlary neither team is going to need any additional motivation.

Rooting for Dallas is unaccpetable. We need them to lose games, and they have enough talent that their losing isn't ever going to be a given.

I think that after the way we embarrassed them in week 2, the cowboys will be putting their best foot forward no matter what they do this week. We had better be on top of our game. If we can't beat a Dallas Cowboys team that's playing better than they're played in any game this season, we won't beat them.

Go KC!

I know that I have been guilty of cheering for the Cowboys when they play Philly, but it makes absolutely no sense to root for the Cowboys to win this week. This whole psychological deal of "If the Cowboys lose, they'll be that much tougher for us to beat" or "If the Chiefs lose, they'll play that much harder against the Giants next week" is hogwash. A Dallas loss this week is advantageous for the Skins. Period.
I agree :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Trap games. KC doesn’t want to lose this week, next week or any week for that matter because the AFC right now is very tight. No telling what will happen until the end and KC can't afford to drop any games. Its a trap game for Dallas because they may feel hey this is KC where the truly suck against any team away from home. Not so. KC IMO is playing as great as they can and that means they are one tough team to beat with a great running attack and a solid pass rush. Because of that solid pass rush I say they take Dallas and I will have a huge smile of my face because if we beat them next week we are the ones that will put the last nail in their season.

Giants Philly. Say what you will about the Eagles the are down right embarrassed right now with owing the record for the worse Monday night defeat. Once again Manning is not impressing anyone and the Giants haven't actually impress anyone on the road either. Last time I checked the Eagles still have a defense and they would love to spank the Giants. If somehow they hold on to the ball the Giants will not know what the hell to do with themselves because that is how they win games. I would give the Eagles a 50% chance for the upset here.

One game that is interesting for me is the Tampa Carolina game. If Carolina wins and sends TB on another down the drain kind of stand I can see them losing a couple of more which could open other possibilities for us. honestly we want Carolina to run the table here.

Naturally none of this matter unless we kick some butt in the desert and I don’t know about you guys but I am not 100% confident about this suppose easy game. Please all I want is a victory and a showdown with the pukes next week.

I'll stick with my picks. ;) Although, the only one that we have different is the NE/Buff game.

Picks.jpgStandings.jpg

And here are my picks for this week...

Wk14Picks.jpg

There are two upsets that I could see happening this week, I just don't have the guts to pick them. The first upset could be the Jets over the Raiders. The Jets will not lose the rest of their games because they actually do have a good defense. Also, the Raiders have looked awful since they played the Skins. That brings me to my second upset, look out for the Cardinals this week. The Redskins have shown all year that they can't stop the pass. They have given up a ton of big plays through the air and the Cardinals can definitely exploit that. I don't want to hear from anyone "well, we stopped the Rams last week" either. Mark Bulger wasn't under center, neither was Jamie Martin, it was Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick. He never saw a GW defense in the Ivy League.

I was rooting for the Cowboys to win last week. But still, I found myself clapping every time the Giants did something well. I can't help it. It's just in me. You can't hate something for over three decades, and then suddenly start cheering for them.

(not directed at you Mark just at the subject) I've said it once and ill say it again, a real Redskins fan roots against the Cowboys until the ONLY hope for the Skins is the Boys winning. Rooting for them in anticipation of what else need to happen to make them winning beneficial is stupid. Because most of the time it entails the anticipation of us winning as well. The reason you never root for them even if you think it might be beneficial in the long run is because if the long run doesnt pan out for us....at least they don't make the playoffs either. NEVER EVER root for the Cowboys.

If Dallas wins, then they'll realize they still have a shot at the division. They'll come into our game with something to play for.

If they lose, their spirits would be crushed. They'll be on a three game slide and realize that they've just let their playoff chances slip away. They'll come into our game with their heads hanging.

Rooting for Dallas is stupid and an abomination to Skins fans.

ditto what everyone else had to say about Dallas. given that we have lost something in the neighborhood of 14-15 games out of the 18 or so to them - I don't think records really matter. any cowpuke loss is a good thing! besides...it doesn't matter who you lose to should they have more losses than the Skins at the end of the season - and that's all that counts.

Steelers 17, Bears 9. Agreed, but I think the Steelers actually win by even more

Bengals 27, Browns 13. No way the Browns score 13... 3 if they're lucky ;)

Titans 23, Texans 17. agreed

Colts 20, Jaguars 16. My upset pick... I think the Jags end the streak at home. 17-10

Bills 23, Patriots 20. huh? Bills team is in disarray, they don't trust their coach and Moulds is stomping his feet. Brady is going to have a big day. Pats 27 Bills 10

Raiders 19, Jets 13. have to agree.

Vikings 24, Rams 17. agree

Panthers 21, Bucs 14. agree

Giants 27, Eagles 19. agree... but it would not surprise me to see the eagles put up 10 or less the way the Giants force turnovers.

Seahawks 31, 49ers 13. agree

Redskins 23, Cardinals 16. won't be this close. 'skins 27, cards 10

Broncos 30, Ravens 7. Something tells me the Ravens D will surprise them. Don't have any reason for it. Broncos only win by 7

Cowboys 24, Chiefs 21. Sorry, I don't see the cowboys being able to outscore the Chiefs. Jared Allen is going to have a FIELD DAY with Flozell out.

Chiefs 21 Cowboys 17

Chargers 28, Dolphins 17. agreed

Packers 20, Lions 17. who cares? :silly:

Falcons 33, Saints 17 agreed

(not directed at you Mark just at the subject) I've said it once and ill say it again, a real Redskins fan roots against the Cowboys until the ONLY hope for the Skins is the Boys winning. Rooting for them in anticipation of what else need to happen to make them winning beneficial is stupid. Because most of the time it entails the anticipation of us winning as well. The reason you never root for them even if you think it might be beneficial in the long run is because if the long run doesnt pan out for us....at least they don't make the playoffs either. NEVER EVER root for the Cowboys.

:cheers:

Amen :cheers::cheers:

I'll stick with my picks. ;) Although, the only one that we have different is the NE/Buff game.

Picks.jpgStandings.jpg

And here are my picks for this week...

Wk14Picks.jpg

There are two upsets that I could see happening this week, I just don't have the guts to pick them. The first upset could be the Jets over the Raiders. The Jets will not lose the rest of their games because they actually do have a good defense. Also, the Raiders have looked awful since they played the Skins. That brings me to my second upset, look out for the Cardinals this week. The Redskins have shown all year that they can't stop the pass. They have given up a ton of big plays through the air and the Cardinals can definitely exploit that. I don't want to hear from anyone "well, we stopped the Rams last week" either. Mark Bulger wasn't under center, neither was Jamie Martin, it was Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick. He never saw a GW defense in the Ivy League.

You are doing great in your pool, mine has the leader at 136 so you'd be leading and could possibly win over 2k....nice work...and looking at your picks for this week, I think most players would have those picks so i'm picking against Minn for my upset of the week. Oh and picking the Chiefs too.

Good picks for the most part. I agree with the Cowboys pick as well.

Parcells after a 3 game losing streak = scary.

Parcells after winning a close hard-wrenched victory at home = good (for us).

No i disagree with the Cowboys pick, KC needs to win the rest of their games to make it to the playoffs believes Dick Vermeil, Kc's remaning schedule is really hard so they really need this game i believe KC is gonna win it

Does anyone think the Jets might upset the Raiders. Thats the one pick in my weekly pool that im agonizing over. Herm got pissed at ny reporters harping over the jets losing streak and walked out of his press conference (which he never ever does). I figure the jets gotta win at least one down the stretch. for thier own dignity. And the raiders are starting a backup quarterback. And its in the freezing and windy swamp that is the New Jersey Meadowlands in December. Any thoughts? I can't seem to circle the raiders on the pool sheet. (And I definetley agree that any cowbgirls loss is good for the skins, period)

Archived