Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T. Martin won the game fore the Skins...

KCgator

Good God he was awful. Remember that look in Jeff George's eyes in the GB game? That "Please Don't Hurt Me -- I Don't Know What I'm Doing Back Here" look? I get the feeling Martin was scared to death back there.

Thanks for the win, Tee.

Thank you, your comments have been received and will be forwarded for all to see in a very bungling game. We'll take it for what it's worth, including see T. Martin show his wares. Apparently among all those penalties and turnovers on boths sides, the score was still close (did you ever think about that?)

Oh he didn't allow 35 second half points by himself did he, just as the one player isn't responsible for allowing Pittsburgh to have a 17-0 lead. Funny, no comment from you at that time. :)

You have a nice day :snore:

Martin lost his job this evening. He was in a battle with Batch for the third QB position. Batch lit the Redskins first-team D up, while Martin struggled against backups.

You can't make a living in the NFL as a QB running a steady diet of QB draws...

Are you kidding he looked alright?

After one of washingtons early Turnovers he gets sacked 25 yards behind the line and takes them out of field positon. He fumbled way to many times. If he scores on the goal line the game is over. He couldn't hit a pass at any time.

And yes Sage did look good in the 4th quarter, but equally bad in the 2nd quarter. Danny didn't play but a few snaps and got zero help from the wR's. I think it should be a must if Danny is playing that Chris Doering is in the game. The Chemistry is amazing.

I thought Shane looked Okay. The first pick was a fluke, but he did lead them right down the field on the next drive.

Like I said earlier, if batch or Stewart played one more series. Pitts wins.

KCgator, interesting point about the QB/WR combinations. I think this deserves a new thread.

As for Martin, he's a rookie for god sake. He hadn't even thrown a NFL pass before. His running ability is quite good, of course he's athletic like quite a few other QB's, but his passing accuracy is suspect.

Hey....anyone else think that a couple of those late hits on the QB were a bit suspect. Matthews gets crushed on two consecutive plays and they only call one personal foul. I thought Delbert's hit on Batch was a close call too, considering Batch had left his feet and Cowsette had broken free up the middle. Nice laceration to the chin though.......

Its bad when you find a way to not give Sage the crdeit for mounting the comeback.

Go Noles beat the Florida Sooners (hey word is the QB is running the option in practice)

The fact of the matter is that all 3 QBs against first stringers are a push so its gonna come down to a popularity contest unless we do the smart thing and keep all 4 QBs.

Hah, ND. Shane is gone unless he plays superior to what he has shown thus far. He has had plenty of NFL experience. IMHO, he thinks he's a WCO QB. Truth is, he's a Wannabe.

We need his cap space and another OL/DL on board. Just one man's opinion....:cool:

So sad. The Redskins could have used an "experienced" QB. Too bad the FO chose Matthews as the answer. Alas, let's move on to the brighter side. SS will show us a GOOD time this year!

HTTR!

Must disagree with y'all. He looked OK. In fact, he played a lot like McNabb does: finds the holes, runs for yardage, looked composed. The advantage we had was that he was the 3rd QB and coujldn't make it happen.

Who won the game?

The guy that forced that fumble. I don't know who it was, I was too busy going buckwild in the bar and talking ish.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Its bad when you find a way to not give Sage the crdeit for mounting the comeback.

Go Noles beat the Florida Sooners (hey word is the QB is running the option in practice)

The fact of the matter is that all 3 QBs against first stringers are a push so its gonna come down to a popularity contest unless we do the smart thing and keep all 4 QBs.

You are right, Dave. Sage deserves credit, and we all must be consistent. I am beginning to wonder who should start at WR more than at QB...

How did he do in NFLE? wasn't he really good over there? I think he played pretty well when he first went in there, but he just made some mistakes as time progressed. I dont doubt that Sage is a better QB than him though. This summer I was advocating picking him up. At least now I can feel comfortable that we didnt.

Archived