Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Feinstein on Dan Snyder... (Ice Cream and Nolan Story)

Fergasun

I was listening to an interview on the drive home from work today on "The Mighty 1090" out of San Diego between host Ted Leitner and John Feinstein.

At one point they got around to talking about Dan Snyder, who Leitner called "The Sourthern end of a Northbound horse". It seems like that is the attitude that Marty Schottenheimer has about Dan.

Feinstein confirmed the story about Mike Nolan and his "vanilla" play calling. I don't know what year it was, but early in the year Snyder complained to Nolan about his Vanilla defense. After one loss, Snyder left 1 gallon of ice cream outside of Nolan's office. It was "31 flavors" ice cream (according to Feinstein), and Snyder had a note saying "This is how I would like your play calling to be like". Nolan responded with a note back to Snyder thanking him for the Ice Cream, and saying his kids loved it. After a loss to Dallas, Snyder left Nolan 5 gallons of ice cream on his desk, melting, after the game was over.

Since this story had been all sort of rumour, Feinstein had to confirm it with our buddy Shapiro.... Shapiro claims to have called Norv Turner and asked Norval if this was true. Norv responded that the next season (after Nolan was fired?), Snyder threated him with the ice cream treatment as well. Feinstein got confirmation of the story from Cerrato who claimed it was he (Vinny) who put the ice cream on Nolan's desk... they then proceeded to make fun of Vinny.

Also Nolan was upset and quit because Snyder had the audacity to profanely tell him off at some point.

Interesting they would take shots at Snyder from 3000 miles away...

I was hoping they would tell the story about Coles and the big screen, but I guess it hasn't traveled through the media.

At one point they got around to talking about Dan Snyder, who Leitner called "The Sourthern end of a Northbound horse". It seems like that is the attitude that Marty Schottenheimer has about Dan.

According to both Marty and Dan Snyder, they remain close friends.

I was listening to an interview on the drive home from work today on "The Mighty 1090" out of San Diego between host Ted Leitner and John Feinstein.

Feinstein confirmed the story about Mike Nolan and his "vanilla" play calling. I don't know what year it was, but early in the year Snyder complained to Nolan about his Vanilla defense. After one loss, Snyder left 1 gallon of ice cream outside of Nolan's office. It was "31 flavors" ice cream (according to Feinstein), and Snyder had a note saying "This is how I would like your play calling to be like". Nolan responded with a note back to Snyder thanking him for the Ice Cream, and saying his kids loved it. After a loss to Dallas, Snyder left Nolan 5 gallons of ice cream on his desk, melting, after the game was over.

Since this story had been all sort of rumour, Feinstein had to confirm it with our buddy Shapiro.... Shapiro claims to have called Norv Turner and asked Norval if this was true. Norv responded that the next season (after Nolan was fired?), Snyder threated him with the ice cream treatment as well. Feinstein got confirmation of the story from Cerrato who claimed it was he (Vinny) who put the ice cream on Nolan's desk... they then proceeded to make fun of Vinny.

Also Nolan was upset and quit because Snyder had the audacity to profanely tell him off at some point.

Interesting they would take shots at Snyder from 3000 miles away...

I was hoping they would tell the story about Coles and the big screen, but I guess it hasn't traveled through the media.

That is funny stuff. If Dan Snyder did that, then he is my kind of guy. I use to do funny stuff like that at my last company as a sales manager. I have sense left and started my own company. Those that had thick skin and wanted to succeed lasted and turned out to become great sales consultants. Those that didn't, probably work at Burger King now.

http://load.pquinn.com/binaries/fries/

Archived