Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coke to launch coffee-infused Coke Blak

CandaceM23

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051207/bs_nm/food_cokeblak_dc

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE:KO - news), the world's No. 1 soft drink company, on Wednesday said it will launch a coffee-infused soft drink called Coca-Cola Blak in various markets around the world in 2006.

The news of the launch came hours before Coke Chief Executive Neville Isdell was scheduled to address financial analysts and investors in New York.

The new drink, a combination of Coca-Cola Classic and coffee extracts, will be first launched in France in January before being rolled out in the United States and other markets during 2006.

A Coke spokesperson said Coca-Cola Blak will be a mid-calorie drink, similar to Coca-Cola C2, which was launched in April 2004 and contains half the sugar, calories and carbohydrates of regular colas. The formula for the new beverage is expected to vary based on local tastes.

Analysts have said one of the keys to the company's future is capturing more consumers who have moved away from sugary soft drinks to diet versions, or to healthier low- or no-calorie beverages.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it will probably taste pretty good

For now, you've got one person agreeing. Too bad it will probably be a novelty item that no one will buy and after we have about two cans it will be taken off the market. Plus, I won't help out probably, because I don't really drink soda. Not that I don't like it. I just like other drinks better. I really don't drink much of anything besides water, coffee, or beer.

Coke Zero is pretty good, imo.

bleach. It has a funny aftertaste

I'm hooked on C2. At first it was everywhere, now my local Kroger only has one tiny spot on the shelf devoted to it and I usually have a 50-50 shot of them being sold out :cuss:

Forget trying to find it at a convenience store.

Gross. Why keep coming up with new flavors? they should just stick to what they're good at. Coke Zero is pretty good, imo.

yeah, coke zero is good. No use drinking regular sodas....all those empty calories. I don't like Vanilla coke though....I don't like cream soda or any of that crap. BUT...diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper? Yum.

Coffee is nasty.

bleach. It has a funny aftertaste

It tastes like bleach??? :puke:

I don't drink any of that crap. I refuse to be suckered in at their advertising whims! (see jbooma's post about Coors Light -- "but they package it cold so its colder than other beers" -- or something like that. They got him hook, line and sinker!) Fight the power!

Talking about yourself int the third person??? :wtf: You don't drink anything without Alcohol in it ...do you? :laugh:

Kevin ... I love you too.

I do drink beverages that don't have alcohol. I've been drinking water all week. No sodas, no teas, no gatorades ... just water. :D

And contrary to belief ... I'm not an alcoholic. I just like to get wasted on Sundays. :D

Archived