Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think the Chiefs can help us out?

dcoles11

The Chiefs have the Cowboys and Giants back to back, both on the road.

They are hot 4-1 in their last 5 games, and they just beat a very good Denver team, though it was at home.

I was at bar watching the Redskins game on direct tv this past weekend and during timeouts and commercials I was watching the Chiefs - Broncos game. They are explosive as ever on offense, defense still iffy as usual though.

Of cource I want them to win both but i'd settle for 1-1. Going to be tough though with both being on the road.

Don't expect much. The Chiefs aren't the same team away from Arrowhead.

Don't say that to a Giants fan, even though they are 1-3 on the road and 7-1 at home they don't believe they are any different away from the Medowlands.

So that extra home game didn't matter :rolleyes:

I am just 30 min outside KC so i obviously have a little insight on this one. All that I can get on sports radio out here is the chiefs (which for the next few weeks I don't mind at all). Let me tell ya, these people are RABID about their football team which obviously is a big reason why they are so tough to beat at home. I was at the Redskins/Chiefs game and let me assure you that it was the loudest stadium (by far) that I've ever been in. Having said that -- the question is can they do it on the road. The answer is.......YES. People are gonna call me crazy, but this team is actually BETTER OFF right now without Priest Holmes. Since he went out and LJ took over full-time, this offense has found an identity. They have what may be the most physical running game the NFL has seen since Jamal Lewis' 2000 yd season. I mean, this team will PUNISH you. Denver's defense wanted to go home in the 4th qtr of that game.....they had enough of KC smacking them in the mouth. An offense like that travels well -- no matter where they are going. In addition, Tony G is finally starting to become a more prominent part of the offense and the weakest link on this team (the WRs) are benifiting greatly from people stacking 8 (and sometimes 9) in the box. The offense kind of reminds you of ours - except better - because they have a more physical RB.

- Defensively they have gotten a lot better in recent weeks. They are stout against the run and DE Jared Allen (remember him all over Brunnell?) is a pass rushing machine. An underrated LB corps features Kawika Mitchell and Derrick Johnson (who is looking more and more like a young lavar all the time). The secondary has come on lately with big games (especially the one against the Patriots). This team is playing its very best ball of the yr right now and are very confident that they can go win BOTH these games on the road. I agree with them.:dallasuck :gaintsuck

I agree with Diesel man KC right now is playing as good as anyone in this league. To make matter worse (but very good for us) for the Giants and Boys is the fact that KC is in the same boat as we are. They have to very much win out to insure a playoff spot. Considering that the Giants have played very well at their house you could say the Chiefs will be hard pressed to win there but then again look how they played against Denver and even against the boys. I just don't see the Chiefs giving up the ball like this and the Giants live and die by the turnover.

the Boys in a way I don't care as much even though I want KC to win so they would really be up for the Giants game. The fact is if we beat the boys we are ahead of them if we win this weekend.

I am just 30 min outside KC so i obviously have a little insight on this one. All that I can get on sports radio out here is the chiefs (which for the next few weeks I don't mind at all). Let me tell ya, these people are RABID about their football team which obviously is a big reason why they are so tough to beat at home. I was at the Redskins/Chiefs game and let me assure you that it was the loudest stadium (by far) that I've ever been in. Having said that -- the question is can they do it on the road. The answer is.......YES. People are gonna call me crazy, but this team is actually BETTER OFF right now without Priest Holmes. Since he went out and LJ took over full-time, this offense has found an identity. They have what may be the most physical running game the NFL has seen since Jamal Lewis' 2000 yd season. I mean, this team will PUNISH you. Denver's defense wanted to go home in the 4th qtr of that game.....they had enough of KC smacking them in the mouth. An offense like that travels well -- no matter where they are going. In addition, Tony G is finally starting to become a more prominent part of the offense and the weakest link on this team (the WRs) are benifiting greatly from people stacking 8 (and sometimes 9) in the box. The offense kind of reminds you of ours - except better - because they have a more physical RB.

- Defensively they have gotten a lot better in recent weeks. They are stout against the run and DE Jared Allen (remember him all over Brunnell?) is a pass rushing machine. An underrated LB corps features Kawika Mitchell and Derrick Johnson (who is looking more and more like a young lavar all the time). The secondary has come on lately with big games (especially the one against the Patriots). This team is playing its very best ball of the yr right now and are very confident that they can go win BOTH these games on the road. I agree with them.:dallasuck :gaintsuck

It may seem like the loudest stadium because you've never been to Fed Ex Field :)

Larry Johnson is incredible. He can grind out the tough yards as well as bust out long runs. What he was able to do against a damn good Denver run defense was amazing.

Yeah I remember earlier in the year an article about LJ getting upset about not playing more. Do you think the chiefs are now the one's upset about not giving him more PT? He is the real deal.

Hopefully he can give the girls and giants the "business". I don't think Sellars will mind at all! :silly:

:gaintsuck :dallasuck

It may seem like the loudest stadium because you've never been to Fed Ex Field :)

That's true - haven't gotten the opportunity to come watch a home game. From some of the posts I've read the crowd hasn't been that loud this yr though....whats up with that? You would think (after waiting this long for a winning team) the home crowds would be bezerk! If I was ever able to go I promise you I would lose my voice before halftime....

Yeah I remember earlier in the year an article about LJ getting upset about not playing more. Do you think the chiefs are now the one's upset about not giving him more PT? He is the real deal.

Hopefully he can give the girls and giants the "business". I don't think Sellars will mind at all! :silly:

:gaintsuck :dallasuck

They should be upset because he would have given them a chance to win all their games. The only game they've lost since he took over was at Buffalo and that was bc Trent Green had the worst day of his career. LJ will flat wear you out. If we had him in this offense we would look a lot different in the 4th qtr. I'n not gonna open up the (Portis haters) can of worms but I'm just saying....defenses get worn down against this guy and come the 4th qtr they are ready to go home

Archived